+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gaara <account>     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Gaara <account>

So as some of you might know, I have been away from FFXI becuz of real life issues. I logged onto vent today and someone said I was logged in game but the guy said he was my friend from Hades Server -=- bs i dont know anyone from hades server. Since i dont have ffxi installed i had to ask someone to log in for me - the account pw was changed.

if anyone knows who this guy is - ha ha it was funny for about 1 second but plz give me my accnt back - i can't call POL tech until 9 am pst tomorrow

if anyone has any information on who's doing this please let me know by pm

-Gaara

Sea Torques
    BG Level

awww gu that sucks ><

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Wow. I've actually had three people from my LS say that they had hacked accounts. All three had not given out any info to anyone, and all three had their PW changed. I think 1 person might have lost a few items, but nothing worth anything. This actually seems like something SE should be looking into.

Akiro

if everything is gone will SE be able to restore what was missing? or will they say heres your account to bad so sad go farm.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

didnt you quit?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    if everything is gone will SE be able to restore what was missing? or will they say heres your account to bad so sad go farm.
    they won't restore anything.

if you still have your manual with the serial number SE should be able to get the account back for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    didnt you quit?
    that's the point, yesterday i logged onto ventrilo and was informed by my ls that my character was on -

claimed he was my friend from Hades server and he pm'd me on forums saying:

"hi, a an ffxi acount auction/sales site allowed me to test ur character Gaara which is for sale... seems like ur pretty popular on bahamut?... does anyone know ur quitting or already quit?...

also, how long ago did u stop playing this char?... if u could take a min to let me know a bit about ur char, i hope to keep his reputation honorable if i decide to buy this account...

i noticed this site on ur bazzar msg... the ls seems like a great one...

anyway, hope to hear from u~
    ^^ thx~"

- bullshit nobody let's u test drive accnts and i never put mine up at any site

then a few ims:

Balien Of Ibelin (6:08:11 AM): Hi, glad ur on... The seller of ur ffxi account allowed me to take ur account for a "test drive" & i asked if he was the owner or what... he was selling for a very low price... so, i'm assuming ur account is NOT for sale??? (btw i signed up for ur ls forum & tried to send u a PM) :-\
    Balien Of Ibelin (6:16:03 AM): Hello? Plz, if u get this email me at mailto:[email protected] --- we need to alert people out there of this scammer, and trace him... With ur cooperation, we can help u retrieve ur account and the fees it cost me to take a look at ur account. I logged on, then was booted a min or so later b/c "another computer is accessing this account thru POL." I feel guilt-laden for even getting the opportunity to sign on as u, and I want to apologize... I would feel extremely violated if people were logging on as me without my knowing... He's probably making a fortune just by letting people
    "test" ur character prior to purchase...
    Balien Of Ibelin (6:41:02 AM): plz also provide me w/ an email address to contact u, as i would like to keep u updated on my investigation on the would-be seller & send u CC's of any correspondence relating to ur account... i'll provide u more details later... thx

and a final pm this morning:

Sent u several messages on aol AIM... I left a msg on some forums that a friend wanted to join me on Bismarck... A few weeks later, I received an email and was given the option to purchase an account on Bismarck... Seller told me it was a lvl 62 thf on the server... Paid this seller and given passcodes... Immediately after discovering it was YOUR account on Bahamut (definitely what I expected), I sent seller several complaints... He said just "try the account out... I'll find the Bismarck information"... Well, that got me very suspiscious, and I did a little research on ur LS, realized u were still a very active member and came to the conclusion this account was stolen. I sent my accusation to seller who must have disabled the account b/c I can't even log in... Notified credit card company, bank, PayPal, Internet Frauds division... we'll catch this guy... I already have alot of information on him... I just want to get my money back and even more so, get ur account back!!!!!!! It disgusts me that people like that exist... Hope we can work together for both our sakes.... Email me at mailto:[email protected]

From the forums i traced his IP:

gunna call se in an hour and get my accnt back - hopefully i still have my gear and what not [/img]

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

rr in that domain is Road Runner... a popular Broadband service from Time warner cable... just a fyi.

Wow, that sucks man...I am a noob when it comes to computer stuff...but correct me if I am wrong, I thought the only way someone could get your account info would be if you gave it to someone else, or if you have any third party programs that allowed some trojan or something; thus allowing you to be hacked? I mean, I am only curious because I would hate to loose my char/account anytime soon (only program I run in my background is Ventrilo to talk with ls peeps, I am too stupid for anything else )

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    I am too stupid for anything else )
    You female?
    Ya ID ect is saved server sided. so duno how this happened ;;

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Wow, that sucks man...I am a noob when it comes to computer stuff...but correct me if I am wrong, I thought the only way someone could get your account info would be if you gave it to someone else, or if you have any third party programs that allowed some trojan or something; thus allowing you to be hacked? I mean, I am only curious because I would hate to loose my char/account anytime soon (only program I run in my background is Ventrilo to talk with ls peeps, I am too stupid for anything else )
    There was a scam where people were sending out a hacked version of fraps that would capture keystrokes to get info and send it back to the programs owner. Alot of accounts were stolen like that.

that would be the case except i didnt have FFXI installed on this computer or anything related to it

just talked to SE
    they can't change my pw because i don't have the most recent credit card info- meaning someguy logged in - changed my pw - and chagned the billing info

time to talk to another representative until they give my shit back

Kung Pao Pnda (8:55:09 AM): u know the guys name?
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:55:18 AM): he went by two different names
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:55:36 AM): his email account under hotmail was registered as: (one sec lemme find...)
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:56:28 AM): Johnny Chiu (but it was hotmail - free account).... however, the paypal seller's account says it's "verified" and that name is
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:56:45 AM): SIU YEUNG LEUNG
    >.>
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:57:01 AM): i already reported the problem to paypal and they are investigating
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:57:11 AM): they say this IP address is in Alberta Canada
    Kung Pao Pnda (8:57:17 AM): i see
    Kung Pao Pnda (8:57:22 AM): ur in houston texas correct
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:57:27 AM): yep
    Kung Pao Pnda (8:57:44 AM): i dont understand the whole "tested" account thing
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:58:14 AM): well i signed on and saw it wasn't the account i had paid for so he said "take it for a test" and i'll find u the correct codes for the bismarck one
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:58:22 AM): i asked him for a refund and he quit talking
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:59:08 AM): that got me suspiscious so i logged on to ur ls site so i could get ur AIM/email and notify u
    Kung Pao Pnda (8:59:33 AM): i see...
    Balien Of Ibelin (8:59:36 AM): then i called my credit card company and bank and they are waiting for the paypal results
    Balien Of Ibelin (9:00:43 AM): do either of those names ring a bell to u???
    Kung Pao Pnda (9:01:04 AM): no
    Kung Pao Pnda (9:01:17 AM): definitley a chinese guy though
    Balien Of Ibelin (9:01:20 AM): one sec
    Balien Of Ibelin (9:04:46 AM): want me to forward any emails i've gotten from him and paypal so far?
    Balien Of Ibelin (9:10:43 AM): anyway, i'm sorry this hap'd man... i'll try everything to cooperate so u get ur acct back.... i just want my money back from this bastard. he already disabled the account or changed the password or something
    Balien Of Ibelin (9:16:35 AM): hey g2g to work - please email me w/ ur email address so i can keep u updated: mailto:[email protected] --- i'll give u all the details when i get some responses from the investigation~
    Balien Of Ibelin signed off at 9:16:59 AM.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

yea that's lame gl on getting the account back though

i dont think its Fraps. thats the Problem. its your Windower. good reason i got double Firewalls up so that shit wont happend GL trying to get your Account Back,But Se wont give it to u until u have that Credit Card information. and the Persons name.Which is Freaking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalentine
    i dont think its Fraps. thats the Problem. its your Windower. good reason i got double Firewalls up so that shit wont happend GL trying to get your Account Back,But Se wont give it to u until u have that Credit Card information. and the Persons name.Which is Freaking stupid.
    i dont have one

damn

dude if i was u ill Call Roadrunner Customer Service and Tell them u need some one InFo and that u Have the IP address of that person. They should be able to help u with a name or Even a address and Phone Number.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Registrant:
    Road Runner HoldCo, LLC
    13241 Woodland Park Rd
    Herndon, VA 20171
    US
    Name: cpe-68-203-149-239.houston.res.rr.com
    IP Address: 68.203.149.239
    Network: RR-SOUTHEAST-BLK3

Thats all the info I could bring up, but that is his Broadband exchange.

I don't think any ISP will give up personal information that sparingly, especially after recent lawsuits between them and the RIAA / MPAA.

I think your best bet would be through POL customer support... Keep at it and ask to speak to a higher up there, maybe a supervisor.

Good luck Gaara!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    Registrant:
    Road Runner HoldCo, LLC
    13241 Woodland Park Rd
    Herndon, VA 20171
    US
    Name: cpe-68-203-149-239.houston.res.rr.com
    IP Address: 68.203.149.239
    Network: RR-SOUTHEAST-BLK3

Thats all the info I could bring up, but that is his Broadband exchange.
    Thats enough info to packet the shit outta him =)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeal

Thats enough info to packet the shit outta him =)

Sounds like a plan, Stan.... brick through the window?