Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Greetings to BG and question about TH

Heya BG, hello from the Lakshmi server and TheFallenAngels LS. I've been reading your forums for a while now and wanted to ask about some of your thoughts on TH:

1. What exactly does the thf ability "Treasure Hunter" (ie TH) do? Now, I've heard alot of different things about this. Some people say it adds another line to the drop list when a mob dies...is this true? If so TH3-4 is definately worth it. Also, I've heard that it gives you a better chance of getting one of the more rare drops that the mob has or having an item drop more frequently when killing multiple mobs such as for coffer keys. Can eating a lucky egg or having one in your inventory stack on top of TH thereby making TH5 and on possible? Finally, does the TH only kick in for certain types of items such as rare/ex items or only for regular items?? If anyone actually has some proof about how this works I would really like to know because I'm obviously confused ; ;.

2. Second thing that I've always wondered is how drops work on a day to day basis. Some people have some theories that things such as Vivian Ring or Thief's Knife for instance can't drop two days in a row and that there's some sort of set pattern for them dropping (like once in 15 days or something). Do these claims have any validity or are drops just completely random?

The main reason I ask is we've been killing Nidhogg for a while now and it has been refusing to drop koenig body. I know that this drop is a sore point for alot of people including BG so I'm sure you guys can relate. I am pretty much ready to do anything it takes to increase the chances of this dropping including buying a thf's knife for my thf friend in the LS (asking price for the knife on our server hovers around 37-40 million).

Thanks for your input and best of luck to you guys.

It doesn't do anything. It SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I won't claim to know all the secrets behind TH but as far as the abjurations go, all of the drop rates are the same. No abj is rarer than another. One thing about TH is that it doesn't affect so much what drops (like it won't make martial drop instead of neptunal) but the chance of a drop slot dropping and the amount of stuff that drops.

I'm pretty sure one time Amity Cape dropped 2 days in a row, and then like one more time a couple days later. I dunno if that's exactly how it went but I don't think it's impossible for stuff to drop twice in a row. Hmm, it was a while back but I think we got 2 Ridills in a row once. If not, we've gotten 2 in the same week twice 8) take that RidillLS kaomoji /grin lolz

Not to jack the thread, but does each god, nm or whatnot have a set amount of stuff it will drop? Say like Byakko's table(hypothetical) is 5 slots, so he is going to drop 5 things? Also does anyone think that crystals maybe fill one of the item slots from a mob, hence no signet at HNM or gods?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    I'm pretty sure one time Amity Cape dropped 2 days in a row

8) so did kraken

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Not to jack the thread, but does each god, nm or whatnot have a set amount of stuff it will drop? Say like Byakko's table(hypothetical) is 5 slots, so he is going to drop 5 things? Also does anyone think that crystals maybe fill one of the item slots from a mob, hence no signet at HNM or gods?
    Slot 1 - Seal 100%
    Slot 2 - Wind 100%
    Slot 3 - Abjuration #1 100%
    Slot 4 - Abjuration #2 not 100%
    Slot 5 - Armor Piece not 100%
    Slot 6 - Weapon Piece not 100%
    additional slots - loot items, some shared some unique

No, I don't know if crystals can fill loot slots but it's doubtful (more than 10 items can drop including crystals). No, I don't know which loot items are on which loot slots or what the %s are, but you could figure it out if you wanted to do the work.

Akiro

Congrats, look at all the wind crystals

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    yeah more than 10 items can drop >_>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...se/suzaku2.jpg

not that i dont believe 10 or more items MAY be able to drop but how the hell did everyone lot/pass the ingot b4 everything else dropped?

Akiro

his awesome photoshop skills, which i dont think he was being serious.

only so many items can fit in the treasure box. Once its full and a new item enteres the box, the item at the top is automatically bumped off and given to someome. It's happen to us at byakko too =/. Ill look for screenshot.

Akiro

but there is a time frame which you have to wait for the ??? to re pop and by then all the items should have left the treasure pool already

no, if 12 items drop, the box can only hold 10, so the first 2 that dropped get auto distributed to make space for the last 2

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    no, if 12 items drop, the box can only hold 10, so the first 2 that dropped get auto distributed to make space for the last 2

I think one time during a fafnir more than 10 things dropped and some wyrm organ got auto-ed to a person in the alliance.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    no, if 12 items drop, the box can only hold 10, so the first 2 (non-EX) that dropped get auto distributed to make space for the last 2