+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Rap     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    I love how this has degenerated into an "OMFG YOUR RACIST YOU MAKE BROAD GENERALIZATIONS BLAH BLAH BLAH" thread, when nobody has really answered my question

All I've seen is oni's reply, and a bunch of "it's a free country, bitch!"
    not much reading is done on these forums lol

Orfeo WTF is your question if some one hasnt answered it yet omg....

New Merits
    BG Level

People listen to radio rap because:

1. They want to fit in. Big record labels create multiplatinum artists from nothing because they tell the radio stations to play them, and everyone can't help but jump on the bandwagon.

2. It romanticizes the shitty things about the world. When your dad slaps your mom across the face and calls her a bitch, it becomes much easier to deal with if a cool rich rapper talks about it in a rap.

3. Originally, gangster rap was about bringing forth the things that people didn't know about, gang banging and the like, and because it was the 80's it was cheesy as shit. Since everyone is biting 80's gangster rap, they're still cheesy and rapping about the same things as before.

4. Regarding the concern of previous posters with the repeated use of the word Nigga, it is used as a form of self-empowerment. From when the slaves were freed til the days of MLK and even today, free black people were still called Niggers and couldn't do anything about it. You either spend your life being told you're a piece of shit, or you try to be strong to it and let the word that's designed to break you down give you power. If you've ever seen a gay pride parade, you'll wonder why perfectly normal people get dressed up like crazed sexual deviants. It's because when the gay rights movement started gays were thought of as deviants and they took this image and identified with it to deal with the insults and ignorance that surrounded them. Nigger is used in the same way. Both have clearly been blown out of proportion, especially to those of us who are not in either group and can't identify.

5. It is an extension of the materialism that is so rampant amongst young people today. Rapping about how much money they have and what cars they drive makes it seem like these people have it together, and young people aspire to do what they do, to have what they have. It's a fucked up role model complex.

6. Because at the end of it all, it's easy to nod your head to it and try to look cool, and that's all some people want out of music, or life for that matter, is too appear cool and acceptable.

That's a more objective answer I suppose. Now dammit let this thread die.

As stated several times..

Why do people listen to the modern, 'blingin' rap?

EDIT: Wow, thanks chumm. Finally somebody who can do more then say "YOU'RE RACIST! KKK!!!"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Chumm
    Question answered, thread over.

Now my question, why is no one stopping Paris Hilton from making an album?!?!?!

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

workin on it

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan

workin on it
    Sniper, or CQB?

How about we train some mobs on paris hilton? :D

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE THE TIME AND LISTEN TO WHAT RAPPERS ARE SAYING. FOR EXAMPLE, LISTEN TO THE LYRICS OF JUVENILE AND THE CASH MONEY RECORDS. IT'S AWESOME. RAPPERS TELL A STORY, FOR EXAMPLE, DMX(DARK MAN X), RAPS ABOUT HOW HE DEALS AND DO CRIME FOR MONEY SO HE CAN SURPPORT HIS FAMILY. YET HE STILL DOES CRIME WHEN HE IS RICH AND FAMOUS. I GUESS IT'S IN A NIGGER'S BLOOD TO DO CRIME. RAP IS GOOD SHIT, YOU GUYS NEED TO LISTEN TO IT MORE OFTEN. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU ARE DISSING RAP AND SHIT, THE ONLY REAL SHITTY MUSIC OUT THERE IS PUNK MUSIC AND SLIPKNOT. BUNCH OF FGTS. BEFORE YOU PUT THAT STUPID ASS CAPS LOCK PICTURE WITH THE RULER UP TO TELL ME TO TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK, THERE ARE TWO REASONS I TYPE IN CAPS LOCKS. ONE, I LIKE TO, AND TWO, I LIKE TO.

Quote Originally Posted by damet
    YOU PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE THE TIME AND LISTEN TO WHAT RAPPERS ARE SAYING. FOR EXAMPLE, LISTEN TO THE LYRICS OF JUVENILE AND THE CASH MONEY RECORDS. IT'S AWESOME. RAPPERS TELL A STORY, FOR EXAMPLE, DMX(DARK MAN X), RAPS ABOUT HOW HE DEALS AND DO CRIME FOR MONEY SO HE CAN SURPPORT HIS FAMILY. YET HE STILL DOES CRIME WHEN HE IS RICH AND FAMOUS. I GUESS IT'S IN A NIGGER'S BLOOD TO DO CRIME. RAP IS GOOD SHIT, YOU GUYS NEED TO LISTEN TO IT MORE OFTEN. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU ARE DISSING RAP AND SHIT, THE ONLY REAL SHITTY MUSIC OUT THERE IS PUNK MUSIC AND SLIPKNOT. BUNCH OF FGTS. BEFORE YOU PUT THAT STUPID ASS CAPS LOCK PICTURE WITH THE RULER UP TO TELL ME TO TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK, THERE ARE TWO REASONS I TYPE IN CAPS LOCKS. ONE, I LIKE TO, AND TWO, I LIKE TO.
    Wow.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

workin on it
    Sniper, or CQB?
    Cucumber

Location?

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Sorry ma'am that's classified.

'~')

15. 2005-06-10 18:43

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Where did you get that photo!? That's a classA standardized CIA weapon.

editedlolz

E. Body
    BG Level

Really? And heres me thinking it was a common tool for women to get off.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Really? And heres me thinking it was a common tool for women to get off.
    All the women out there, do you agree that a Cucumber is a common tool used by you to get off?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8