Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHM Af2 Body vs Nobles?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

WHM Af2 Body vs Nobles?

Which do you think is better? I just want the AF2 cause its more rare than Nobles which everyone and their fucking mom seem to have on Ifrit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

blessed -5 enmity FTW

Sea Torques
    BG Level

R. M. T.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

The Noble's Tunic is much much better than the AF2 body. Increasing your Cure Potency is by far the best boost you can give to a WHM.

Black Belt
    BG Level

use both.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

blessed body for the win

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

regen potency ftw

it is my dream to max out regen III potency.

Macro AF2 into regens
    Macro Noble's into cures
    Macro other thingy to anything else

Run around ton in either af2 or blessed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It pisses me off to no end that 90% of WHMs do not use Regen II or III ever when 90% of RDMs would sell their mothers to pet stores to get those spells.

It also pisses me off to no end that WHMs get equipment that boost the effectiveness of bar spells when RDMs are supposed to be the masters of enhancing magic. (But thank goodness that my JSE has useful ranged accuracy on it.)

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I <3 regen, 2nd merit level increase to it, too bad I lotted 25 points too low on that Cleric's Briault eh? My regen III would be doing 25 ever tick now instead of 22 Oh well, one of these days i'll get it maybe :D

I think once you hit lvl 60 you notice a big increase in mp consumption per chain if you are not using regen. Then when you hit 75 and are trying to chain weapons its a must. Even now as I am raising my blm up I see whm who dont use appropriate barspells and just love getting waxed for 120 dmg by crabs bubble shower, and most dont use regen. Its a shame, a damn shame. Oh and I dunno both would be would be nice to have, but AF2 is the wet dream of most whm, or at least me.

nobles is the end-all best piece of whm body equip hands down.

sure it lacks -enmity but this can be easily compensated for with other pieces of gear, merits, even food.

to be honest if a WHM has -enmity gear/merits and STILL needs -5 from blessed briault they really need to stop spamming the shit out of Cure IV.

AF2 is pretty much only considered alongside nobles for the refresh effect but it is at best a macro'd piece of gear (like most whm af2 for that matter >_>). Regen potency can only take you so far again something that can drop a pld in 3 hits.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Macro it is the best way. I wear my cleric's around since it is rarer.

But nobles for curing and cleric for regen. Regen III now heals for 27hp/tick. So close to max now

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    nobles is the end-all best piece of whm body equip hands down.

sure it lacks -enmity but this can be easily compensated for with other pieces of gear, merits, even food.

to be honest if a WHM has -enmity gear/merits and STILL needs -5 from blessed briault they really need to stop spamming the shit out of Cure IV.

AF2 is pretty much only considered alongside nobles for the refresh effect but it is at best a macro'd piece of gear (like most whm af2 for that matter >_>). Regen potency can only take you so far again something that can drop a pld in 3 hits.
    My AF2 legs are much better then anything I would want. I think fire carol and barfira put fire resitance to 145. I would take the enmity factor because I would not use my merits in enmity. Simply because I dont want to lock myself out of a tank job if I would ever decide to lvl it again. So AF2 has -enmity and enhanced regen which would be really nice in the long run considering most things (not all of course) dont one shot or 3 shot the pld anyway, alas though the ideal setup is to have both and macro both in. Since I have neither (maybe that will change one day) I am definatly not an expert on the matter.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I hate it when other WHM get AF pants and then I never see them use them. Hmmm, you get AF pants in dynamis-jeuno, can't really think of a better place to use the damn things. Yet I don't even see them macro them in.

But I'll guess you run into the same thing with AF2 gloves. A lot of WHM would probably dismiss +15 enfeebling and 'enhance banish effect' but those things are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    My AF2 legs are much better then anything I would want. I think fire carol and barfira put fire resitance to 145. I would take the enmity factor because I would not use my merits in enmity. Simply because I dont want to lock myself out of a tank job if I would ever decide to lvl it again. So AF2 has -enmity and enhanced regen which would be really nice in the long run considering most things (not all of course) dont one shot or 3 shot the pld anyway, alas though the ideal setup is to have both and macro both in. Since I have neither (maybe that will change one day) I am definatly not an expert on the matter.
    regarding AF2 legs…

like I said WHM AF2 is mostly macro gear. Yeah the increase in bar-spell is nice (+20 resistance is the equivalent of +100 enhancing magic skill iirc) but Blessed pants are a superior (and unfortunately fruiter looking) piece of equipment.

Macro’ing in AF2 pants for barspells is great but you really can’t beat the positive stats from blessed, specifically the +haste which makes churning out long-recast spells like cursna, blindna, erase, even Cure V worlds easier. Not to mention they provide a hefty amount of +MND and more –enmity than AF2.

With blessed gloves, pants, and feet you get +10% haste which is HUGE. Just think about how much people pay for/drool over melee gear that provides a similar boost like haidate, black belt, and speed belt.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    Quote Originally Posted by Endo

like I said WHM AF2 is mostly macro gear. Yeah the increase in bar-spell is nice (+20 resistance is the equivalent of +100 enhancing magic skill iirc) but Blessed pants are a superior (and unfortunately fruiter looking) piece of equipment.
    Whatever, blessed pants are the most stylish thing around.

i'm elvaan male >_>

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Big hips! lol

Blessed pants look like the cloth on my grandmothers coffee table.