Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Dynamis - Windurst suggestions

Our DynaLS is going to be attempting Windurst for the first time this Sat. I believe, however, I've heard nothing but hellish rumors as to how that one goes. We have, for the most part, mutually agreed that we likely won't win it, however, I'm just trying to get an idea from people who've done it what to expect.

Any/All help is appreciated, visual images a plus too^^

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Dynamis Windurst is pretty straight foward until you hit the Auction House. Once there, it's all hit or miss. You either pull a large train of monsters (with SMNs btw. be ready for that) or you can get them one at a time. You're only after the AH for the 20 minute extension.

After the AH's time extension, proceed to the Jeuno embassy. You can kill the mobs in front/on top of Shantotto's Manor but make sure nobody goes anywhere past that. There's a SAC pull that needs to be done at the Jeuno Embassy and it's a MNK NM so watch for it.

After the MNK NM is squished, go back to the AH and go towards the Heaven's Tower bridge. Clear the statue that sits right beside the Heaven's Tower bridge in a concentrated BLM attack (it's ok if stuff pops. As long as the BLMs don't wander too far left, you won't aggro the house of death) and then clear the two statues that sits on the bridge. The reason for clearing the ones on the bridge is b/c with every NM you kill 2 icons spawn on the bridge and there will be an eventual SAC pull there you wanna do. Less is better.

Now we get to the death house. Make sure you communicate to your group that you want everybody to hug the rght wall w/o aggroing the death house. If you aggro, it's pretty much game over. It technically shouldn't be that hard if people are familiar with the ENM at Attohwa Chasm.

This next NM we've been having a lot of trouble with. We can't seem to do with w/o wiping. Basically you clear the bridge mobs between the death house and the House of Hero. This will give the SAC puller space to drag the mobs to. The thing about this NM is that it's a BLM. So make sure you bring a RDM that can Elemental Seal + Silence it. Make sure it's silenced before your provokers nab it. Also make sure that none of the icons or yags see you or your red mage. 90% of our wipes here was because the icons saw either the pullers or the RDM and we didn't have the BLM power to deal with them all (our average BLM count is 4-6).

About the BLM NM we've tried pulling it the opposite direction. We got it to work once w/o wiping. I dunno if it's safe or not because there's really not a lot of space for the SAC puller to work with. I could use people's opinions on this too.

Next, you wanna go past the House of Heros by hugging the right wall again. Save the House of Heros SMN NM for later. What you want to do now is hit the time extender where the icon by the Toraimai Canal exit is. Once you do that, return to the octagon by the House of Hero and SAC pull the SMN NM by having the thief use a ranged attack on the top westmost statue from the east side. I'm not sure where you want the THF to die at so information on this is helpful too. Oh and about the SMN NM, make sure you get two tanks that can pull the SMN's Avatar as well.

Once you do all this, return to the Heaven's Tower bridge carefully and get everybody at the SW octagon platform. After clearing the icons that are on the bridge, Have another THF SAC pull a particular icon at the far back and have him run north towards the Death House. The NM here is a RDM.

Finally, if you've survived this far, the boss statue is located at the AH. You'll need yet another SAC pull for this one. Have the puller run towards the Shantotto Manor. Pull the statue (watch for Death), and nuke like crazy.

Hope this helps. You'll need plenty of BLM for this one. Yagudos from what I'm told have some kind of Magic Defense Bonus or sometihng.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

2 things
    1-vanguard's avatar will not cause other mobs to link. it isnt necessary to have a second person pull the avatar. If you got a link there, its because your puller had aggro somehow.
    2-how exactly do you get the time extetion from behind the smn house without aggroing the smn's ?? that time mob pops a decent chunk of mobs IIRC.

Simply have to give up some time to get it, and hope none of your Dynamis ls members make stupid mistakes =/.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yagudo's dont have magic def or anything, but the stones require more Blm's to kill then the ones you've been dealing with up untill now.

Windurst is the first real test of strategic skill in your linkshell, you've already been given a complete run down on how it should play out so I wont bother with that.

Good Luck~

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

aim for those Manifest Icons first if you get linked.

Here's the result:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dyna_windy.jpg

XD

On the 3rd NM our puller lagged out an got a bigass train, which would've been doable however people KEPT FUCKING RUNNING AND WOULD NOT DIE >.> So that screwed us, we decided to do one last shot and go for the 4th NM, would've been ok, but like...6 yags popped on us at the bridge and yeah, there's your end result @.@ However, for a first time run, that was da~mn good. THF, WAR, and SMN AF2, that be all, and a couple knuckles =\

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Putting your players on the octagon part of bridges are your safest bet for NMs and Boss alike. My guess is for that 4th NM you were trying to pull the NM at Heaven's Tower yea? If so, don't station your players on that bridge. You're just asking for a mean surprise.

We were actually stationed on that flat of land before the bridge connecting to, yeah you guessed it, Heaven's Tower. I'll have to point this stuff out to our leader for next time XD Ah well, was fun though, didn't get my relic weapons though dammit ~.~

Edit: Oh yeah, little congratulations to Terrorthai our event organizer who made Mahatma Slops after she got back on her feet from that pile o' DOOM XD. We were all quite shocked, and she's only 92.7 Cloth at the time, those things cap at level 94 ~.~

Funny story about Dynamis-Windurst here, that wasn't funny at the time -_-; Anyways, we had one of our RNG's brother play because she had to go somewhere, so we pulled a train of a few SMNs and were doing just fine, everything slept, everything going smooth. But the fucking RNG shot one of my slept avatars and pretty soon we're all on the fucking ground cussing this dude out >.> He got a warp back to his HP...moral of the story, don't let fucks replace other people. -_-; I don't care if he didn't know, we told him constantly not to shoot slept avatars or slept mobs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    DieNasty

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Edit: Oh yeah, little congratulations to Terrorthai our event organizer who made Mahatma Slops after she got back on her feet from that pile o' DOOM XD. We were all quite shocked, and she's only 92.7 Cloth at the time, those things cap at level 94 ~.~
    Since you went off-topic so will I... I made them at 89.1 on my 3rd skillup synth heading to 94.

...if only Terra crystals were free ><

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Windy's been a big bitch to my dynamis LS >:

We do the usual thing, yatta yatta Entrance > AH bridge. We clear the AH bridge after making the uber train , and then get a +20 time extension.

Then the "fun" pulls begin.

After the AH we move more Anti-Clockwise, pulling & killing all the mobs & killing the NM (Woo Huqu the Razorclaw i think?)

Then we run back clockwise, down past AH again & go up past death house, killing the mobs @ the BLM house with that boss, then the SMN house + that boss.

It's usually then where we are stuck because anytime we've done this (whether we had 22 blms, or 35 blms) some retard aggros the death house & pop, 50 mobs, game over.

Once we had 50mins to take out the BLM + SMN boss, then head back to the bridge for the other 2 + time extender, but then, to my non surprise, someone decides, hugging the wall isnt for him, and pop 50 mobs pwn us all.

I think this time I'm just going to go completley anti-clockwise, and when it's time for that bridge + death house, then we'll go clockwise for it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

If you're going to go completely counter-clockwise, you're going to have to wall hug your way past the house of hero NM area. You can't reach the BLM NM at Yukan-Puratan's Manor (the guy who craves rare Mandragora specimens) without wallhugging in some way or another.

Easiest way to get people to do the wall hug thing is to just tell them to run like you would getting to the top of Attohwa Chasm. There really is no better example then that. But basically, if you're consistantly getting aggro at the death house, you might run into the same problem going counter-clockwise hitting the house of hero NM. One way or another, you all have to get it done right.

This is OLDE people, I left that LS I did Dynamis with a long time ago Stop bumping it >O (yes I realize I bumped it just now, w/e).

Doubt if I'll get a new LS to go with any time soon, if at all, but oh well. There were problems that I addressed to the Shellholder and event organizer and both didn't do anything about it. Wasn't the only one who had the same problems, I was just the only one who was going to bitch <.<

Akiro

Quote Originally Posted by Totien
    DieNasty
    rofl

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris
    If you're going to go completely counter-clockwise, you're going to have to wall hug your way past the house of hero NM area. You can't reach the BLM NM at Yukan-Puratan's Manor (the guy who craves rare Mandragora specimens) without wallhugging in some way or another.

Easiest way to get people to do the wall hug thing is to just tell them to run like you would getting to the top of Attohwa Chasm. There really is no better example then that. But basically, if you're consistantly getting aggro at the death house, you might run into the same problem going counter-clockwise hitting the house of hero NM. One way or another, you all have to get it done right.
    Good advice, I may aswell stick with what's best if we have to go past death houses either way. I just hope nobody aggro's the house next week when we are doing Windhurst > <