Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So this DRK...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

So this DRK...

In the HNM/Sky LS i am in, we have a point system. 1Hour = 1Point. There is a DRK (no names), that has 84 Points, and this DRK is going to use them on Crimson Cussies. Her reason is because she wants them and they are "pretty."

None of the PLD are happy about this and she is getting them because she has more points then everyone else in the LS. Her getting these wont benefit her in anyway except that she can run faster. I dont have anything against her but it really pisses me off that she is going to get them and she has no need for them.

I just want to know if this has happend in another LS or your opinions. Thank you.

ahhhhh yes, it's the old crimson cuisses run-n-stun technique

>_>

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If she put the hours in getting that many points, she deserves to get something and you should be happy for her to get them instead of arguing and being bitter that someone in your LS who EARNED what they worked for.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Nice idea, really but...then what happends when a job like drk doesn't get pretty much anything in sky has a shit load of points and gets crimson legs before any plds or rdms in the ls?, then next time a rng gets it then another drk...their would have to be someway to stop this kind of situation
    Hmmm looks lie i was right.. HAHAHAHAHA

Btw did you want her to spend 84 hours, more than everybody in the ls..and throw her points away....if you want an item work for it thats the point of that system..and she did work for it, more than anbybody else..She can wear them and they give high def hp and mp +12% movment speed...that would pwn farming, and if she wants to use it to wipe her ass she can, wanna know why? Oh thats right she worked for it...let me see hardest worker in the ls is banned from getting any items that anybody else who doesn't work hard wants..so she can lot only if any of the other people who worked alot less than she did.. don't want it, ok i fully understand now

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whats the point of using the point system if you won't follow the rules for it? May as well name it the 'youre not getting shit' system and make people come thinking they'll get stuff.

New Merits
    BG Level

I hope none of the PLDs concerned about this have Koenig hands or head, since the DRK probably hasn't found a damn thing to use her points on, given that only the worst pieces of Adaman drop there.

It would be nice if the LS could just distribute things as they best benefitted everyone rather than having to rely on a point system, but if it can't be that way, this is what you'll need to deal with.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

You seem to be rather unfair and inconsiderate. Your Drk friend put in alot of time and for something she wanted. As according to your system, she's allowed to have them. Regardless of job, I think time spent is more important than "OMG she's a damn drk I should get them first since I can make more use out of them." She put in the time to help the linkshell?Then she has every right to them. Seems you just showed your own greed....

Sea Torques
    BG Level

u need to change things that gives certain jobs preference on items they can actually make use of. its like givin smn zenith mitts when theres 5 blms that need and have a few less points.

true, but when war's start lotting on koenig body you might wanna reconsider just how far the point system goes >_>

Xavier

Only PLDs NEED crimson legs, every other job just wants to look pretty. Having said that, its your LSes fault if the system can be abused like that, and no priority is given to jobs on certain items.

I do think she deserves them, she has put more hours in then everyone else, but the thing is, shes getting something that doesnt help her, even the Thick Breeches are better for her. And i only have less points because i joined the LS a Month ago, she has been in it for a long time. Im also not saying I should get them, i would prefer any of the PLDs to get them over her. I guess i sound selfish and greedy, but i havent used any points on anything, i have had Kng. Hand. for a while and I choose Aegishjalmr over Kng. Head.

Your system is hypocritical.

If she wants to 'buy' the armor the way your rules are set up, then she should no questions asked, these are YOUR rules. You don't have to like it, but they are your rules and either change them or let the system work and bite your tongue.

Or, like some people, go to sky and have fun and let all the greedy people get what they want out of the way, then when you've felt like you've "earned" and "obtained" you'll feel alot better.

Ok, what do you mean "YOUR rules" if it was my rules, there would be no points, everything would be Priority.

Example:
    A.Abjuration:Hands to BLM > SMN > RDM > WHM > BRD
    Once all BLM have it then SMN get it, then RDM, ect.

And because of the points, i COULD get anything, even if i cant use it, it would be fair point wise, but its not fair over all, see what im saying?

The points are staying from what the leader says and i dont have a problem with it, i just wanted opinions on why the hell the DRK is allowed to get the damn things over a PLD, besides that she has put more time in.

There isn't a good system for HNM drops. Someone will always feel like they are being short changed or overlooked. Fact of the matter is these are sky god items meaning sooner or later EVERY ONE in your ls will have the items you are after if your group stays comited to killing gods. So why would you be petty and bitch about a drk getting the first pair of crimson legs when more will drop within a couple of weeks?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

a.hands are worthless for smn by the way ;D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Shiutou
    Example:
    A.Abjuration:Hands to BLM > SMN > RDM > WHM > BRD
    Once all BLM have it then SMN get it, then RDM, ect.
    Yeah, about SMN getting priority over RDM. Not like Im going to try to change your mind, but RDM can still burst SCs and can make full use of Zenith. SMN, on the otherhand, only get 50MP out of it.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiutou
    Ok, what do you mean "YOUR rules" if it was my rules, there would be no points, everything would be Priority.
    they are YOUR rules because you joined the LS willingly knowing those rules existed. if you are in that LS they are YOUR rules.

if you don't want to be YOUR rules, than leave the LS.

this is the problem with a points system and a problem people have to deal with, every system has problems.

the thing with our LS's point system is it keeps things fair. this prevents big problems that we have had in the past with people joining, getting what they want, then leaving. accumulating points makes a person work for what they earn instead of mooching. rules are rules, the drk gets the points and gets the crimson legs (no BS-because they will make her a desirable drk, yet she doesnt do pts unless its with our own ls...so who does she need to be desireable for?) . i have quite a few points and can very well outlot a lvl 75 ranger on seiryu kotes for my lvl 70 rng, but i dont for the simple fact that the other person can use them more than myself. i could also bid on stuff the drk wants at a later time just because "i have the points" but i wont because others could use it more than me.
    heres what it comes down to....none of our pld's have crimson legs yet, i personally dont have an issue with someone lotting the legs if they arent a pld, however, the whole point of our ls as a whole going to gods is to make the "LS" better...not an individual person better, there are HNM that need to be kited...would giving those crimsons to a drk or pld be more beneficiary to the "LS" or just the particular person. PLD go down enough as it is.
    our LS/server is quite different as compared to yours. your guys OWN everything that is worth while pretty much. here we still are tooth and nail to a good number of all jp LS's that are quite skilled and some of them do go to tactics of mpking if you just TRY to CC them. and here, they own the land gods hands down. our ls is forced to fight for every single thing we have because we get a 1% chance at actually CLAIMING land gods and things we do get from whatever we claim, we got people that want to have everything for themselves. using the dark as an example....she wants to have a full set of crimsons regardless of who else wants them or who else could benefit the ls by having them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Every system has problems, as layoneil said. The problem here we're seeing is that in an HNM item drop situation there is no perfect method to distribute the goods. A point system allows people with the most points to lot on things they technically have very little use for other then 'looking pretty'. In which case, it delays armor for those who could use'm a lot more not only for the person's benefit, but to the linkshell's benefit as a whole (I kited Ullikummi w/o the crimson cuisses before. It's not a problem. With speed+12% it's a lot smoother and I don't get hit at all aside from Banishga III).

There's also the priority lot system (which my linkshell uses) where certain jobs get priority lot over others. I.E. The crimson cuisses are first lotted by RDMs and PLDs first on my linkshell, then all the other jobs. But then you have what mademine said, "Someone will always feel like they're being short changed or overlooked." Some jobs start to feel alienated and the longer people are without their precious equipment, the more stingy they become. That behavior in effect is detrimental to linkshell performnance.

If if only there was a perfect system in the world...mind you 'perfect' is a point of view too...

I'm a DRK and the only thing I'd ever want from Sky is crimson legs, for the 12% added movement speed. I don't care to spend 2 million gil per item that will undoubtedly not make me any better on HNMs then any of the recommended jobs (non ranger melees). Hell, 12% added movement speed would be very nice in general, the current movement speed is way too slow.

That being said, talk with your LS leader if you believe the lotting system is faulty. The way it looks like, you don't seem to mind the point system so much as long as it has the added 'this job gets this, every other job fuck off and get your +2 attack for 2 million gil.'

P.S. Sky is crap end game. Drama creeps around its every move, and soon enough Sky will be a floating mass of drama once gil sellers take over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast