+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: w     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Mourning Beloveth, Death, Abaddon Incarnate, Primordial, Nile, Vader, Morbid angel, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Celtic legacy, Spastic ink, Helloween, Hammerfall, Watchtower, Anthrax, Nuclear assault, Children of Bodom, Slayer.

Just to get teh ball rolling

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

All these bands are posers.

Misfits(Danzig era) ftw.
    Oh see I thought we were talking about the DIRECTION of new metal, not where it's comming from as Erza has so nicely pointed out. I think what the topic here is where metal is going. In my opinion, it's becomming more mainstream thanks to bands like Slipknot who have highly popularized metal. Let's face it the main stream music industry will find whatever is popular and sell it like a cheap Thai whore to whoever is willing to throw their money at it. And while a good portion of metal bands remain underground and undiscovered, many are starting to surface which I think has given rise to Screamo punk bands like the Used, Thrice, My Chemical Romance and a number of other puppy-loving faggot bands that use "screaming vocals" simply because it's whats "In" which was brought about by metal in general. My point; Metal is becoming more mainstream and is influencing other pop culture music. Whether you think this is good or bad (I think it blows goats) it's true and I wouldn't be surprised to see more metal bands on MTV and selling their art for bigger profits. By the way, did you see that Aqua teen hunger force episode with Danzig in it?

No I missed it...I've been wanting to buy the DVD just to see it. And I don't care what we're talking about, Misfits > all.

it's my opinion metal, like most types of music, has ups and downs. to me i like what i do and someone else may think it's trash either way i don't care much really. for me i like a lot of what neurosis has done with it's lil label, i also like the million mike patton projects, last fantomas is a bit odd though, also like bands like isis, and especially like southern lord records stuff sunn 0))) and that, and i really love boris too, japanese metal with a hot female guitar player kinda gets me every time :D

And you wonder why Michial Jackson is on trail. I wonder what he was realy thinking when he made the song "Beat It"? No, i take that back, I don't want to know.

Old Merits
    BG Level

too less of this :

Akiro

God Bless America

You said "God bless America" after a post with pictures of german beer.

You were referring to that post...right?

[quote=bercus]too less of this :

HO SNAP SON!! Beercus, gimme..

Old Merits
    BG Level

now i regret my name isnt Beercus ;;
    warsteiner dread? ok

http://www.comopromo.com/Goldcoast%20-%20Warsteiner.jpg

Ok bercus, i'll take the 2 chicks and a 12pack and you can have the rest of the beer 8)

Old Merits
    BG Level

I asked em... they said you can have the beer but not them

Hmm.. I bet after a few rounds they will come with me. :D