Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taru Pld     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Taru Pld

Ok so I started pld yesterday. Its so much fun, but I have some questions. First things first I am only lvl 10 so if you can remember back that far help me out if not its cool.

Problem #1: I get owned, seriously hit hard and I have great gear for whats available at lvl 10. I bought 2 earring that are -25mp to hp for balance. I was eating navarian for the evasion since I was getting my ass kicked so bad.
    Problem#2: I get owned

So I am looking for suggestions on food, balance of MP HP, and if I should look into evasion gear for now until I get some more HP

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

You're level ten...

Black Belt
    BG Level

PLDs don't depend on evasion get some defense stuff.

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php#Melee_Defense

PLDs are kind of crappy as tanks before Cure II, that's kind of just how it is from my experience with lower level PTs.

skill up cooking a little bit and make your own juice till Lv 41. after you get Cure II and III, juices make you pimp.

Get a veteran party consisting of Linkshell only and get a Whitemage from your Linkshell to PL you through Dunes :D

Quote Originally Posted by lesliecheung
    Get a veteran party consisting of Linkshell only and get a Whitemage from your Linkshell to PL you through Dunes :D
    I want someone in their chef hat to do it

I used enough DEF on my WAR that I was getting hit for maybe 10-15 points of damage from Snippers at Lv13.

It's not hard--just gear yourself towards pure defense and you'll tank better than most of the Elvaan tanks you see in that dump.

BRD PL is the best :3 Did 4 Mithra (+ Kuno who I don't care about) party from mid-teens to mid-twenties... and I also PL'd a Mithra RDM till 37...

Send a tell if you can get a few Mithras and I'll PL you Endo

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

do 1/2 miffras count? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    BRD PL is the best :3 Did 4 Mithra (+ Kuno who I don't care about) party from mid-teens to mid-twenties... and I also PL'd a Mithra RDM till 37...

Send a tell if you can get a few Mithras and I'll PL you Endo
    XFD

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkei
    do 1/2 miffras count? :3
    1/2 is better then 0/2

Avv has the best pwr lvls it was amazing 5 lvls in an hr with 2 people <3 Avv

omgwtflolol endo, leave the tanking to the galkas

(jk, but uh... yea. tarutaru 4tl!)

Acia

Hmm only thing I can think of is to get defense + food. And ill make you some more +1 gear when you get around 16 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Acia
    Hmm only thing I can think of is to get defense + food. And ill make you some more +1 gear when you get around 16 8)
    <3

You need a Cassie Earring my friend. 8)

Level to 75 like me and then realize your a WHM in Heavy Armor. Then get HP Merits, and Bomb Queen Ring, Full Koenig, a Cassie Earring, Morutaka Earring, and a Gigant Mantle, and invite random Garka PLDs into your pt and make them grovel at your 1700 HP... i only wish =( no but seriously just level up some more Taru PLD is awesome, and I tanked Tiamat just fine :wink: oh btw, use Pescatora and Turtle soup at high levels, its great !

Sea Torques
    BG Level

make a new character with a 1 letter difference thats a galka, get 0 HP items, spend 1/100th what a taru spends to get HP and tank shit while afk, naked, not even logged in

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bikwin
    make a new character with a 1 letter difference thats a galka, get 0 HP items, spend 1/100th what a taru spends to get HP and tank shit while afk, naked, not even logged in
    LOL XD, Galka pld= pimp with no armor when most others have to have millions in hp and vit when they get it free lol.
    Don't make a galka though he might eat your taru while you sleep

Endo i'm leveling my garuka pld now. We must barrista at 30