Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new city *ideas thread*     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

new city *ideas thread*

everytime i look at the auction house and remember the prices from about 2 years back and see the big inflation and price changes that happened during this time makes me feel really bad, seeing an empror hairpin price going from 250,000 -> 900,000 and such..
    I have an idea i want to mention, maybe after we figure something out and propose our ideas to SE they might consider it and maybe not...but what the hell..

my mind is not very clear atm but anyways I'll try to explain as much as i can..

think about a new city, in a new reigon or something, just like a small trading city in the middle of the desert where merchents gather to trade and sell goods..something like Jeuno, all adventurers gather and bazaar their items or sell them on the auction house BUT from diffrent servers. ever went to the auction house and looked up for an item that is never on sale? some one monoplizing an NM for years and its too expensive to pay for? ever looked for an ingrident for you're recipie but the lack of supply on the AH making it worse because people are raising the price more and more everday?
    *BIG EDIT*

gaaaaaaah i forgot my main point ><

what i meant a city between many servers, an city where other people from other servers can come and meet, trade sell items in AH or such.. im so not in the mood to write but im trying my best ><..
    I'm sure we'll have problems, it cant be perfect but we can make this idea the best we can by discussion.

all ideas are welcome, if you agree or disagree you're replay would be appreciated, discuss in a good manner and lets try to make this thread worth it.

thank you for you're time and you're replies..

p.s.
    English isn't my first language so dont turn this into another "you cant spell mutha****" thread

about 2 years ago, this idea had been discussed.
    at the time, problem was that people stay in jueno cause you won't get any invite, when you are out of jueno.
    but not now, since serch is improved and OutPost tele.
    but where is better place..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

This would be good for regular players, but most likely not good for crafters. It seems like crafters tend to find a niche market and then, for lack of a better word, exploit it within their own server.

I know on Asura no Prism Capes had been sold in several months on the Auction House so 2 crafters began to mass produce them and they more than doubled the price from 3mil to 7mil. There is nothing wrong with them doing that, they have a rare piece of gear and they are in control of the price, that is just how it works.

Now, take a large multi-server market place like you are discussing and it allows crafters from all servers to market their goods. The rare Prism Cape from Asura might be a fairly common item on another server and that crafter from Asura won't be able to make his large income as he will have to sell lower to compete with crafters from another server.

Also, take into consideration that this marketplace wouldn't necessarily change the cost of items in your favor. An Emperor's Hairpin on one server might be 600k, on another 1.5mil, so you would most likely find the price falling somewhere in the middle. It would benefit one group of the games population but hurt another group.

I think this idea of a trader town is a worthwhile idea, I just don't know if its viable as a cross server idea. I think it would be better if there was a boat from Jeuno that would bring you to a Tenshodo controlled area where people could bazaar their goods for example. Set the price at something like 5k for the boat ride, that way some money would still be removed from the system but not as high of an amount as the Jeuno taxes.

I think it's a good idea, but I don't think they should include all the servers, just have like 4-5 servers link up... such as Bahamut, Asura, Siren, Fairy and Alexander and so on.

Would be impossible to code.

Sorry.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

that would be a awesome idea, even without the auction house/trading system. The ability to actually intereact with your friend from another server would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    Would be impossible to code.

Sorry.

lol it's very well possible and it's been done before in other games but sad to say i don't see square doing something like this because it would be too time consuming and cost them money.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

regardless of wither they will do it or not, we will never know unless we bring up the idea ...lets try for once at least

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    lol it's very well possible and it's been done before in other games but sad to say i don't see square doing something like this because it would be too time consuming and cost them money.
    So true

Well the idea is nice, the server thing might not be, the AH would be way to fast pasted....i.e 64 EMP pins for sale, 1min later 0 Emp pins for sale Then up and down again. Prices for things would most likely go down but at the same time you wont be making much money anyway.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What if I get a PT invite from another server? o.O

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you'll get invited within that region area only but the second you leave the area you'll get automaticly leave the PT..

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Sounds good to me. Lets just hope people from the other servers wouldn't decide to duplicate our prices or if their prices were higher and we'd try to match theirs. Can we also have server wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardtheblack
    about 2 years ago, this idea had been discussed.
    at the time, problem was that people stay in jueno cause you won't get any invite, when you are out of jueno.
    but not now, since serch is improved and OutPost tele.
    but where is better place..
    A bit off topic, just wondering how has the search improved? I wasn't playing two years ago so a bit curious.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I don't care for the idea all that much. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth, and I can't imagine how bad the lag would be, and how much server resources they'd have to devote to such a place. It would really hurt smaller servers especially which are less developed than older servers, and I really don't think it would "improve" things all that much.

I would rather see SE fix the actual problems with the game rather than trying to spread it over more people in the hopes that it will go away.

A bit off topic, just wondering how has the search improved? I wasn't playing two years ago so a bit curious.
    They just recently expanded search comments to include a lot more options, so it's easier for people to do things through search comments than before.

Edit: Your sig is way too big, you need to make it smaller.

ok sorry