Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aegishjalmrs?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Aegishjalmrs?

I couldn't help but notice that in Ondori's most recent videos all the paladins in BG were wearing the blue helmets. Are they all the Aegishjalmrs from lots of Fafnir wins? Or are some the Adaman Barbuta? If the latter is true (or untrue!), is the blue helm suppose to "wave the flag" of your linkshell's color (Blue Gartr)? Just wanted to know if it was intended to represent something or not...

And on the subject of Aegishjalmrs, is it really that much better then, say, the Koenig Schaller or the Valor Coronet? I can see how Enmity+7 is a big lure in, but I've always regarded Charisma as something particularly important for PLDs. Is CHR-7 worth the sacrifice on that particular helm?

Yes they're Aegishjalmrs. They wear it for the +7 enmity.

Adaman Barbuta is for posers.

aegishjalmr is fcking insanely nice for marathonned mobs and for tanking stuff on PLD/NIN. it's also really good in general for tanking stuff that youre supposed to be blinking via aerial armor, but i guess koenig head is better for stuff that hits you. if -CHR does anything to your enmity (i think it's just intimidation rate) the +7 enmity adds far more than the CHR subtracts.

"wave the flag" of your linkshell's color (Blue Gartr)?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    If -CHR does anything to your enmity (i think it's just intimidation rate) the +7 enmity adds far more than the CHR subtracts.
    That I can agree with. CHR does affect Killer effects, but here's something I thought about... does "Killer" affects hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    If -CHR does anything to your enmity (i think it's just intimidation rate) the +7 enmity adds far more than the CHR subtracts.
    That I can agree with. CHR does affect Killer effects, but here's something I thought about... does "Killer" affects hate?
    No.

Well, using the circles does give some hate. That's it though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I always loved to see a PLD in the PT next to mine use Holy Circle on Crawlers. Made me laugh everytime.

Off topic question: What level is good level to start in KRT with normal PT set up? I want to tank with club against bones. (Just my little dream lol .-.)

Probably about 71/72.

<.< I use holy circle in the dunes with my PLD when I loose hate due to lack of flash.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Definatly helps with those undead crabs. o.o

E. Body
    BG Level

News to me, I had no idea circle abilities give hate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All job abilities give some amount of hate.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If what Orfeo says is true and Killer trait doesn't increase hate, than Circles don't give hate and just increases potency of the killer trait it's made for. lol

Unless you were being sarcastic.

Edit: Convert gives hate? lol >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    All job abilities give some amount of hate.

Gauge does not give any hate

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nor does Elemental Seal, but used with nuke it will draw hate.

Berserk gives hate right? So why wouldn't holy circle give some type of hate its just that it won't increase defense against undead crabs
    Divine seal + Erasega = Dead Taru whm from sickle slash. So I think that any and all JA give some type of hate ....... but then we are back to hate and enmity equation that Ed tried to explain and made my brain hurt.

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure Circles don't give hate when used, but if you intimidate your opponent then you will gain hate. I guess I'll know for sure when I level PLD one of these days >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Convert gives hate. I remember a party right I had before I got convert, we had two RDMs and someone had the bright idea to go to Gustov Tunnel. We pulled a fly, and it proceeded to tear everyone up. The tank had the mob and the other RDM decided to convert. The mob turned to him, one shotted him, and went right back to the tank. (It made me very wary of using the ability in battle.)

JAs like Convert, Divine Seal, and Elemental Seal add some hate, but just not a lot. If you have a less than stellar tank (begins with a "D", ends with an "x", and has a "tha" in the middle), you can get hate just from using a seal. (I know I have.)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LoL He never cured himself to get hate, I remember that.

Cool ppl with lvl 73 Samurais macro it in for Provoke. (My pld is lvl 1 ><)