Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ouryu Cometh     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kaat

Ouryu Cometh

Hey, was just wondering if anyone could give any advice on this BC. Tried last Wednesday for the 1st time, only got it to about 70%, but we learned alot. We had set up a stun party to learn that stun got resisted and did not expect the worms to repop last time. Gonna try again this Wednesday. Party set up will probably be 1. Nin, Nin, Brd, Brd, Whm, Smn 2. Brd, Smn, Smn, Smn, Smn, War/Thf 3. Rdm, Blm, Blm, Blm, Sam/Thf, Sam/Thf. The main issue is the worms, was wondering if any one has beat it, how they handled the worms. Any advice/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks, Kaat

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2831

Our first try we got it to this -_- http://www.mts.net/~kquach/images/ffxi/ouryu.jpg Ran out of time so tried to go all out at the end for fun and made it flail :D

Smn do crap damage to ouryu so i wouldn't use them for him >_<

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

yea that forum link not helpful at all.

gonna try tonite will give feedback

Sea Torques
    BG Level

sorry he didn't write you a step-by-step guide to killing ouryu, he'll try to do better next time

Kaat

@Twolves
    Yeah i read that link a few days ago i think, KillingIfrit had a link to it in a post i think. However the link has no mention of party set up or how you did it. But thanks for replying and giving some info.
    When we fight Tiamat our dmg is basically 1 smn party and 1 Trick Attack party, so i figured the same type of set up would work here. I didnt really get a chance to see what type of damage the smns did last time, but seemed ok, i will have to talk to them about it.

@hammy
    Good luck with your try

@mdn
    I dont think hammy was trying to be rude or anything, he just stated that the link doesnt have much helpful info. It talks about drops and has a screen shot of the fight, but no mention of party set up, strat, or even what you fight. I wasnt asking for/nor was hammy, a step by step walk through, just a little advice.

@anyone with any knowledge of fight
    As i stated, i am not looking for a step by step walk through, mainly im interested in strats for the worms.

Thanks, Kaat

Quote Originally Posted by Kaat
    @Twolves
    Yeah i read that link a few days ago i think, KillingIfrit had a link to it in a post i think. However the link has no mention of party set up or how you did it. But thanks for replying and giving some info.
    When we fight Tiamat our dmg is basically 1 smn party and 1 Trick Attack party, so i figured the same type of set up would work here. I didnt really get a chance to see what type of damage the smns did last time, but seemed ok, i will have to talk to them about it.
    We didn't bring any smn to our fight because we heard from a few other linkshells that fought it that smn do 100 dmg with blood pacts on him. We use smn as main damage for the other wyrms as well but i think smn is gimped on ouryu

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

We didn't bring any smn to our fight because we heard from a few other linkshells that fought it that smn do 100 dmg with blood pacts on him. We use smn as main damage for the other wyrms as well but i think smn is gimped on ouryu
    Is that before or after stoneskin?

After.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Sweet.