Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

in the comic silver age, lex luthor used to do small time crimes to attract superman so he can do battle with his "arch enemy". In reality, luthor needs no pies, he is luthor, however he knows that the boy scout will come save the pies.

oh maybe Ill just say he is turning into a pie pirate and needs a peg leg made of pie tins

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    in the comic silver age, lex luthor used to do small time crimes to attract superman so he can do battle with his "arch enemy". In reality, luthor needs no pies, he is luthor, however he knows that the boy scout will come save the pies.
    And that is why Crisis on Infinite Earths was the single greatest thing to ever happen to the comic book industry. It got rid of so many horrible things, like Luthor as a petty criminal, Superman's cold breath, multi-colored Kryptonite, Krypto the Superdog, the red sun vulnerability, and Lex Luthor's purple spandex jumpsuit.

Of course they brought all of those things back, but that is why the Superman books have become utterly unreadable in the last 2 years.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

ahem, the recent jim lee arc wasnt bad at all

still a huge batman fan, but Invincible and green arrow <3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    ahem, the recent jim lee arc wasnt bad at all

still a huge batman fan, but Invincible and green arrow <3
    I agree with you that it wasn't bad. But only because bad is not strong enough of a word to convey how mind-numbingly awful that story was.

Don't get me wrong, the art was fantastic, but the writer wouldn't know Superman if Kal El flew up and porkslapped him. I thought about getting some "White Out" and rewriting the story. Sadly dialogue like "LOLz! im teh ganaral Zod! ROTFcopters!!!!11!!!1!one11!!1eleven" would be better.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hate Marvel, they fucked up my favorite series of all time... X-Men. After alternate Universe stuff where Prof-X is dead, it went down hil from there.

My favorite quote is by Wolverine: "Physical wounds may heal with time, but emotional trauma stay with you for the rest of your life". Never expected that hairball to be so fucking phylosophical(sp?).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sonomaa and Septimus

Nerd Alert

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I hate Marvel, they fucked up my favorite series of all time... X-Men. After alternate Universe stuff where Prof-X is dead, it went down hil from there.

My favorite quote is by Wolverine: "Physical wounds may heal with time, but emotional trauma stay with you for the rest of your life". Never expected that hairball to be so fucking phylosophical(sp?).
    Have you read Astonishing X-Men? Joss Wheaton (creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) writes it, and it is the single best comic series being produced today. It is really worth reading.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hate Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so you know where I'm going with this and yes, I read all of the Alternate Universe issues, from Alpha to Omega.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hate Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so you know where I'm going with this and yes, I read all of the Alternate Universe issues, from Alpha to Omega.
    But have you at least looked at Astonishing X-Men? See if you can borrow the first few issues from someone or the trade paperback. You might enjoy the fact that Wheaton actually tries to make the characters the people that we remember.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, I have. Astonishing, Amazing, etc etc. I've read them all. That's why I said after that, Marvel made a complete 180 and no matter who they bring aboard it won't be the same.

The birth of Archangel. 'nuff said.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, I see what you mean. They made a new series called the Astonishing X-Men, it is less than a year old and has nothing to do with the Age of Apocalypse.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah ok, thought you meant Age of Apocalypse lol If they did release new series titled Astonishing X-Men I've never read it. Stopped caring after it became too commercial.

Also, I didn't bother reading Wolverine: Origin. Not because I don't care, it's just that for me Logan's past was always a mystery and I'd like to keep it that way as a reader, and imo they shouldn't have even wrote it. All they did was cater to stupid fanboys who whined about the story never being fully explained.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hijack!! From DC to Marvel comics. Le'pwned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah ok, thought you meant Age of Apocalypse lol If they did release new series titled Astonishing X-Men I've never read it. Stopped caring after it became too commercial.

Also, I didn't bother reading Wolverine: Origin. Not because I don't care, it's just that for me Logan's past was always a mystery and I'd like to keep it that way as a reader, and imo they shouldn't have even wrote it. All they did was cater to stupid fanboys who whined about the story never being fully explained.
    I hate Wolverine. It annoys me to no end that he has to be in every X-Book because the stupid-assed fanboys refuse to buy anything he is not in. The character has become a grotesque parody of himself, a one-dimensional caricature whose the best at what he does, and that's sell comic books, bub.

I don't see how he can possibly have an origin book, considering every minute of every hour of every day of his life has been chronicled. I'm just waiting for that issue of Wolverine that squeezes between Uncanny X-Men 432 and New Avengers 13 where he's in the can facing the wrath of a beef and bean burrito and there's no toilet paper left. That's pretty much all they can do with the character now.

So who wants to join me on my crusade going to different comic book conventions beating some taste into the phalanx of Wolverine fanboys?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The birth of Archangel. 'nuff said.
    Same goes for Wolverine. All other shit is crap, they milked the char to nothingness.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

whats funny is batman is actually in more comics per month than wolverine, except there is actual continuity between all the bat books, except wolverine is like "Captured for the last 6 months in here, yet still active at the school in 2 places at once"

Im going to admit it though, I am a deadpool fankitty

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    The character has become a grotesque parody of himself, a one-dimensional caricature whose the best at what he does, and that's sell comic books, bub.
    Nice Wolvie reference. I'm a Big X fan that's fallen from the wagon. AoA did it in for me. Too much chaos and what not. Only thing I did like was that Wolverine was shown to not be indestructable and that Prof. X proves that one man makes a difference.

<3 Gambit though...... he is meh Hero!

Akiro

Psylocke