Bahamut

Setsuko lets run away together, ok?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tawnie Tarutaru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Discussions like these are always the same on every forum lol. It ends up as your gear sucks. Mine is 1337er that yours.

Bard gear bottom line - is that what is good is all of the above. The more important question is:

What specific cirumstance are you talking about? Can you even afford all of this gear?

Even say: "Tiamat Fight" isnt really specific enough. What is your pt config?

When Im in a party with 5 rangers, I wear anything that increases haste% and decreases recast time. I dont bother debuffing because I dont have time. In other circumstances I wear +MP gear and act like a Ballad whore / Cure3 spammer. And still other times, I try to debuff using lots of CHR.

To be a good Bard one needs to be versatile and carry diff equip sets with you. And macro in and out gear. We carry just as much equip as good RDMs do.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysensen
    Discussions like these are always the same on every forum lol. It ends up as your gear sucks. Mine is 1337er that yours.

Bard gear bottom line - is that what is good is all of the above. The more important question is:

What specific cirumstance are you talking about? Can you even afford all of this gear?

When Im in a party with 5 rangers, I wear anything that increases haste% and decreases recast time. I dont bother debuffing because I dont have time. In other circumstances I wear +MP gear and act like a Ballad whore / Cure3 spammer. And still other times, I try to debuff using lots of CHR.

To be a good Bard one needs to be versatile and carry diff equip sets with you. And macro in and out gear. We carry just as much equip as good RDMs do.
    agreed. Being a bard means being versatile. For any slot, there is wide combination of things you can be wearing; and honestly, they all suit specific needs. Sometimes needs are interlaced also. You may want a complete MP set, a complete CHR set, or a complete Haste set, or any WIDE variations of the three. You try them all until you find where you work best. I'm one of few bards in my LS, so i often change gear situationally, but try to stay towards a basic set of gear thats good all around, since there arent many to fill my spot. I use AF2 shoes for tiamat (id probably use suzaku's suneate if i had them), and other dragons / long fights with a lot of curing and songs. Zenith for most everything else.

Depends on personal play style more then anything else though.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    yea.. i bet you have that same rack irl...

plus a gut the size of a truck.
    109 pounds gives me the gut the size of a truck? k. Judah, I don't even fucking know you, and yet you act like a fag to me.

Kuno, save me ; ; Casting spell. Escape. Please.

I really was only curious about BRD feet lol. But since we're getting into it, I use:
    Head: AF2 head or Genbu's kabuto, rarely use opo opo crown anymore
    Body: Minstrel's Coat - In line, waiting for Kirin osode to drop ; ;
    Hand: Choral Cuffs (waiting for LS leader to HQ me sheikh gages)
    Leg: I carry both sha'ir legs + Errant slops, waiting to win lot on Byakko Haidate. My cast lot skillz sucks.
    Feet: Sha'ir
    Earrings: Melody+1 + Beastly earring
    Rings: 2 Astral rings
    Neck: Wind/String torque, Star necklace if I'm SJ SMN for teh MP
    Waist: Gleemans
    Instruments: all

I decided to just really switch between sha'ir feet and AF2 feet depending on if the song uses a stringed instrument or not.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I usually use either chr gear, or mixed chr and mp gear for hnm or dynamis

CHR/debuff gear:
    head: AF2 head
    neck: wind torque
    ear: melody earring+1 x2
    body: kirin osode / errant hpl / sha'ir manteel
    hand: sheikh gages
    ring: heaven's ring x2
    back: jester cape
    waist: gleeman belt (corsette if you want white border)
    legs: sheikh seraweels / AF2 pants
    feet: sha'ir / sheikh crackows, suzaku sune ate for stoneskin (+45hp to stoneskin)

MP/enmity gear:
    head: opo crown / AF2 head
    neck: star necklace
    ear: astral earring, heaven earring+1, but no one cares, just use melody
    body: dalmatica / errant hpl / kirin osode
    hand: AF2 glove / sheikh gages
    ring: vivian and serket, serene ring
    back: errant cape
    waist: rse mp rope
    legs: AF2 pants / mahatma / zenith slack
    feet: af2 / mahatma / zenith

battle gear (aka I rule this server and can get everything I want):
    weapon: mandau, joyeuse
    instrument: gjallarhorn, frenzy fife, angel lyre
    head: optical hat, hecatomb cap+1, maat's cap
    neck: peacock charm, spike necklace, evasion torque
    ear: suppanomimi / 2 melody+1, minstrel earring
    body: kirin osode, scorp harness+1, hecatomb body+1, sheikh manteel for song
    hand: seiryu kote, hecatomb glove+1
    ring: defending ring, wind ring, shadow ring / 2 sniper+1
    back: shadow mantle / forager mantle / corse cape
    waist: warwolf, life belt, scouter's rope
    legs: byakko haidate, hecatomb subligar+1
    feet: suzaku sune-ate, sheikh crackows, hecatomb feet+1, dance shoes+1

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    im a fag

-Kwijiboe

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysensen

i don't agree with being a mp whore ever, as a bard theres no reason to gear max mp and -enmity, and unless u can gear tons of -enmity i wouldn't ever spam cure III, max mp gear as a hume u get around 600mp, however u'll be long dead if u spammed cure III

as a hume I like ABOUT 350mp and -11 or so enmity and ~+50 Chr

LazyShell
    BG Level

even as brd i never go over 400mp with my gear setup if i can help it. As moggy said; its a deathwish.

when i read cybasters post, i thought he had all that gear until i saw his "battle gear" section. I was almost afraid someone had beaten the game for bard

what I use on a general basis; (keep in mind, im taru) and what I still want as main job bard:
    Head - Bard's roundlet / Mahatma hat / Genbu's Kabuto / (want Op. hat)
    Body - Bard justacourps / Errant Hpl. / Kirin's Osode / (want dalm)
    Hand - Bard's cuffs / Sheikh gages / (want Seiryu's kote)
    Leg - Bard's cannions / (want Byakko haidate) / (want HQ Sha'ir)
    Feet - Bard's Slippers / Zenith pumps / (want Sheikh shoes)
    Rings - Angels x2 / astral / (want serene ring) / (want Heavens rings)
    Earrings - Melody+1 / Beastly earring [im regretting it all the time] / pigeons (want hqs)
    Neck - star necklace / (will probably buy a wind torque back)
    Waist - Gleemens belt / (want taru lv70 rse sash)
    back - Jesters+1 / (want errant cape)
    Instruments - most +1s / (want Gjallerhorn)

as i get new crazy items, i see how they work to my play style and may adjust gear. so i fit into a majority of situations better (its rough being the main bard of very few bards )

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

No >_> I have most of the CHR gear besides manteel (obviously) and sheikh crackows. This is what I use daily:

Need sheikh crackows, but meanwhile +45hp to stoneskin > you

Quote Originally Posted by Tengoku
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    im a fag

-Kwijiboe
    hahaha, well I do say that.

Looks really nice. (how much CHR and MP is that?)

If people want to, I'll post a screenshot/table of my equip. I'm an MP whore because between songs, I'm usually a gimp'd WHM

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Regular Guy + Relative Anonymity * An Audience = Total Asshole
    Its the internet, the only place where anyone can say eff you a thousand times and not get shot. ^^

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Looks really nice. (how much CHR and MP is that?)

If people want to, I'll post a screenshot/table of my equip. I'm an MP whore because between songs, I'm usually a gimp'd WHM

with that exact equip and without food I got 70+58 CHR and 242 MP as /whm

Nice. Btw, how did you get those Sheikh Pants? (Crafted or Bought?)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Bought for 3M. Too expensive if I craft, same like the feet, material is very costly =( Only like 4 ever sold here in AH and kinda close to each other, then it never appear in AH anymore, probably can resell for 5M

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster
    Bought for 3M. Too expensive if I craft, same like the feet, material is very costly =( Only like 4 ever sold here in AH and kinda close to each other, then it never appear in AH anymore, probably can resell for 5M
    I tried to get Sheikh Crakrows but got 12 NQs and 1 Break.. and now Olc. Ingots are 1M on the server and NQs are selling for 800k... I'm just glad Zenith Pumps dropped recently

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    i don't agree with being a mp whore ever, as a bard theres no reason to gear max mp and -enmity, and unless u can gear tons of -enmity i wouldn't ever spam cure III, max mp gear as a hume u get around 600mp, however u'll be long dead if u spammed cure III
    don't do Dynamis much?

what's the point of skill or CHR in Dynamis if they don't ever resist Elegy or Lullaby (besides PLD mobs)?

same for any lowly NM under Lv 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    Also, looking over this quote, I do spam Cure III a lot and never pull hate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast