+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Does anyone else find crafting to be bullshit ??

0/30 HQing Eremite Rings (This was a while ago, dont remember moon phaze)
    0/30 HQing Dragon Leggings (Like 4 months ago, lost about 6 mil over that crap.
    0/12 last night HQing Igquira Manillas (90% Full Moon Lightsday facing north...the week before a friend of mine went 4/12 on 100% Full Moon Lightsday facing North on Triumph Earrings)

The Rings + leggings were on "supposed" HQ moon/day.

its just fucking bullshit >.>

try 60 cursed masks full moon 100% light facing north east and 5% new moon also light X) its a damn pity would've went well with my 2 greaves, cuisses, and gauntlets ; ;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i wouldn't say bullshit, but some items are definately harder (nerphed) to HQ then others regardless of lvls.

I did 3/6 eremeties + 1 last night
    and 2/6 saintly +1 last night no general direction or moon phase in particular

Sea Torques
    BG Level

personally...... i synth whenever i feel like it, but usually by days. For expensive things i go by moon phase unless people just ask me to synth, then i synth whenever.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

when did jesus make that +1 harness??

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    when did jesus make that +1 harness??
    I think it was the first time they killed Taimat, /points at video

On the side note, I had hell crafting for HQ yesterday. Was making Capes for GP and I only had a couple of the bastards go +1, which was freakin annoying ~.~

Sea Torques
    BG Level

earthsday new moon, cause i didnt feel like waiting for full moon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Liltwin wrote
    earthsday new moon, cause i didnt feel like waiting for full moon.

its all about luck

Definitely luck; after over a month of not HQing much of note, I hit Sheikh Seraweels and Mahatma Cuffs about 24 hours apart. Neither with support, facing any random direction, on some crap moon and random day, just synthing cuz I wanted to.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Definitely luck; after over a month of not HQing much of note, I hit Sheikh Seraweels and Mahatma Cuffs about 24 hours apart. Neither with support, facing any random direction, on some crap moon and random day, just synthing cuz I wanted to.
    oO

You just went against everything you've ever claimed to be true. =P Intereseting, nonetheless.

lol yes i randomly made a HQ hawker 1/1 at jueno cos i missed the so called good time XD

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    oO

You just went against everything you've ever claimed to be true. =P Intereseting, nonetheless.
    Says who? I've thought crafting to be purely luck, fuck moon, for months now.

I saw you trying to sell those dragon leggings, regardless thats alot of money =/ lost on those things. I to think it's just luck moon phase what not etc etc i'm sure it plays a small role in the crafting however not as big as everyone thinks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

made 2 scorpion harness+1s in a row on watersday, forgot what moon phase. lost 2 claws in a row on earthsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltwin
    made 2 scorpion harness+1s in a row on watersday, forgot what moon phase. lost 2 claws in a row on earthsday.
    I am so going to find you on watersday and plan better

1/1 cursed greaves -1
    5 mins ago
    Lighstday 5% Newmoon 2:00
    Advance support, facing NE
    STANDING IN PORT JEUNO AH lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i cook, so even though i dont make "big ticket" item i probably do more actual crafting than most.

My experience is that moon phase, direction, day, time of day means fuck all.

I have HQ sole sushi 6 times in a row, to going 5 stacks of materials w/o an HQ.

The big mystery about crafting, is that there really is no mystery

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I average like 2-3HQs per stack of stuff for Sole Sushi.. but I've yet to ever HQ Squid Sushi -_-

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know this may not fall under category of high level crafting, but I find it strange that right now with my Alchemy at 60, I can't desynth Gobby Masks worth a damn, while when I was only 5 levels over cap, I was able to HQ them fairly easy. This really confuses me.