Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nation switching     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Nation switching

I want to switch nation from like rank 6 with 103CQ to Sandy, if i so so i lose my CQ right? Or just back to 0 for Sandy and once i change back to Bastok i have the 103kCQ back? can someone tell me how it works? I dont wanna giv up my 103CQ atm at rank 6, but i wanna do Rank 1-10 Sandy with friends

All gone. Forever. Spend spend.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Damn that.... ! Thank you

Black Belt
    BG Level

you do get your Conquest Points back.

i have 3 nations rank 10, i always got CP back when i switch back.

the thing you lose permanently is Outpost Teleport and you have to redo all the Supply Quest again.

I'm pretty sure you have to be rank 10 in the nation you are swithcing back from to keep CP.

Hm, may be required 10 rank. Sorry :x

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by MrWatermonkey
    I'm pretty sure you have to be rank 10 in the nation you are swithcing back from to keep CP.
    Not really. I did Windy to Rank 6, got the cape, and went back to Bastok to finish, came back to Windy and my CP was still there. So you don't need Rank 10 to keep CP.

Also, if you switching to nation in:
    1st place, the price is 40k
    2nd place, the price is 12k
    3rd place, the price is 4k

Hope that helps. Aside from losing outpost you also lose Ballista Liscense.

Pro

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wow thanks for the info guys I was wondering about this. Im on 7-2 Bastok but Bastok sucks ass on Valefor. We have only had 1st place about 3 times in about 5 months. I should have enough CP go an aketon then I'm getting the hell out of Dodge. Cause um Sandy is the shit.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Thats a good reason to stay bastok though, because when your nation DOES hit first.... you can buy some cp items that sell for 200-400k a pop (And I don't mean aketon').... why change a good thing?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Hope that helps. Aside from losing outpost you also lose Ballista Liscense.

Do you get the license back when you switch back to the original nation?

i was wondering about that recently, If you switched nations from a nation you did the ballista quest for and you go back just talk to the quest starter and he will give you your lisence back. Before the last patch it wasnt possible. but they fixed it.

If you switch to a different nation you do not retain your CP, however, if you switch BACK to your previous nation later, you will recover the CP you had for that nation prior to your leaving of it.

I did this recently as I want MC Bracelets from Windurst conquest, so I left Rank 10 San d'Oria and now working on Windurstian ranking. What you WILL lose is the following:

Supply Mission logs (meaning all your outpost warps)
    EF logs (don't know wtf those're for, never did 'em)

Just talk to the NPC that can change your nationality, they give you the full detail of the process and what happens.

Word of advice, make sure the nation you want to switch to is in LAST place on the regional conquest, this way it will only cost you 4k instead of a lot of more, I think like 10k.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thats a good reason to stay bastok though, because when your nation DOES hit first.... you can buy some cp items that sell for 200-400k a pop (And I don't mean aketon').... why change a good thing?
    yeha good call Shin, but also I want Sandy because their storyline is about 10 times better than Bastok, well I cant wait to kicks Zied's ass then leave. But yeah I figure with all the other jobs I have been messing around with lately I will have pleanty of points before I switch. And they will all be going into IM gorgets and Aketons. Most of the other items from bastok CP are not worth shit anymore on Valefor...except for my 2 Centurion Swords that went for 60K a peice. <3 CP.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Sandy's story isn't that good.

Windurst >>>>>>>>>>> San d'Oria >>> Bastok

San d'Oria's storyline early on is really, freakin, lame. It doesn't even get interesting until like...6.2 -.- Hard to remember exactly, I've been Rank 10 for awhile, and the BCNM for 9.2 is a freakin joke XD Already Rank 5 Windurst and actually the story was better than San d'Oria's so far if you judge by opening sequence of events.

On a final note, the San d'Orian storyline is also tied into the PLD and RDM AF storyline.

Black Belt
    BG Level

WHM too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Really? Damn, maybe just being a PLD, I want to see the King Ramp Red AF set....but yeah it figures the taru's would have the best storyline. I mean hell they have all the best /emotes. You little bastards its all a conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Really? Damn, maybe just being a PLD, I want to see the King Ramp Red AF set....but yeah it figures the taru's would have the best storyline. I mean hell they have all the best /emotes. You little bastards its all a conspiracy
    We remedy this problem by vaulting them off airships and Tu'Lia, do you need lessons? XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really liked Bastok's storyline 6-1 and afterwards, but it is all about Galkas.

Windy's storyline is quite interesting though. What I find interesting is that Bastok's sins are apparent, you have to dig to find the other nations' sins.