BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: w     submit to reddit submit to twitter

w

editedlolz

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Big deal. Maybe this is his way of saying screw you SE for making the ultimate goal of dynamis in dropping 2 items for tanks only.

But seeing how this isn't an ls event, do you think it would have been better to only allow tanks to lot on it? Sounds a lot like Ose to me.

I have no problem with DD classes lotting on the assault jerkin since they get the most use out of it. But if they get to lot on the assault jerkin and I don't, then they shouldn't get to lot on the whiskers then but they do anyways. It takes a group to kill Ose (if you do it while xping) and if the DD get the jerkin, then the mages should get the whiskers. But that doesn't happen since DD feel free to lot on anything and forbid you to lot on the jerkin.

So seeing as how this wasn't an ls event and probably there were people here who didn't belong to any HNMLS, they probably decided free lot long before. So good for the SMN. Does he need it? No, but who cares. It's just for bragging rights and he will get a lot of yells saying he is an idiot for taking it, but who cares. Maybe now he will lvl a tank job just cause he has it. Well I guess tanks care, but who cares about tanks if you aren't in an HNMLS.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level

i don't think it could've gone to a worse job but yeah if it's not an LS sponsored Dynamis, i don't see the point of people complaining.

though if that SMN doesn't level PLD, NIN or WAR he should be shot.

That SMN now has to do nothing else but level and tank job.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree with Janice. Although I hear the cape only works around 5%. At least it stops melee mob WSes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ah so it was Ultima who did this. Yeah thats my server, and now a part of me has died on the inside. This is the same LS that got 2 M. Bodies off one Nidhogg on their like 2nd Kill I think. Either way that sucks that a SMN got it that is total fucking bullshit. Now I know why I saw NAs on my server with the Xarcabard - Interloper title. Cause uh on my server teh NAs are way behind the JPs despite what others will tell you.

Does he have Defending Ring too?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i can't believe this thread lol

everyone agreed (nin,pld,war,everyone) that it was free lot and nobody had a problem with it.

Pitlith is a good summoner and a good friend of mine. It was "free lot" on the shadow mantle so anyone could lot regardless of job. you say give it to a pld or nin, but with Dynamis is hard sometimes to get the same pld or nin to come again and again. anyways i think all of you should congratulate Pitlith on this piece of equipment instead of posting negative comments about this achievement.

-sephir
    Name: sephiroith
    Race/Gen: hume male
    Main/Sub: paladin/warrior
    Level: 75

I don't have a problem with him getting it. It was fair.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll just let Janice speak for me with my attitudes about being a mage, (s)he just speaks my mine lol

If it's free lot, it's free lot. You can bitch about it all you want but unless people stated the rules otherwise, there is no reason to critisize. Congratulations to the SMN who won it.

Yeah, ideally it makes more sense for a Tank-oriented job to get the mantle, and for obvious reasons, however, if the rule(s) state clearly that it was open lot, thar ya go.

I forgot which LS does it but someone mentioned on here when they do Xarc people can lot for: 1) 100 currency, 2) AF2, or 3) Shadow Mantle/Ring. That way everyone goes for something, but doesn't acquire more than what they asked for (unless in the absolute rare case where an excess supply of said AF2 occurs and then it could spill down to whoever could make most use of it, but being Xarc, highly doubtful early on).

Ok, time for Dyna-Jeuno, I want my pants >O

Edit: fix'D Wall o' Text >.>

I don't care if it was free lot. Everyone there was retarded.

That's really fucked up. I bet the summoner levels bard next too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    I don't care if it was free lot. Everyone there was retarded.

That's really fucked up. I bet the summoner levels bard next too.
    Well that would be a good idea then. He could use the shadow mantle while pulling in a bone party.

Hay, BLM should be able to lot on it too since they die all the time in dynamis. Instead of dying in one hit, now they have a small chance to die in 2 hits. But at least that is an extra hit that isn't killing another blm.

No one needs a shadow mantle or something like a vivian ring. If a party stumbles across VV and they get the drop, if it isn't an ls thing, it should be free lot. It's great for certain jobs, but that doesn't mean some people don't 'deserve' it. They were all there and they all fought it, they all deserve it.

I must say :D congrats to that person. I, personally, would have passed it for a PLD in my LS. Uber 1337 tank 4tw!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Ah so it was Ultima who did this. Yeah thats my server, and now a part of me has died on the inside. This is the same LS that got 2 M. Bodies off one Nidhogg on their like 2nd Kill I think. Either way that sucks that a SMN got it that is total fucking bullshit. Now I know why I saw NAs on my server with the Xarcabard - Interloper title. Cause uh on my server teh NAs are way behind the JPs despite what others will tell you.
    Actually, it was a MissionHunters Dynamis run, which is run by a JP player (Darkrain I think?). I've never gone on a MH run, but from what I understand it is pretty much a huge mix of people from several LS's, and it was their rule that it was free lot. You pay your entry, you put what you're lotting on in your comment regardless of the level ("Hmm, 9 RDM, I might level that to AF2 level someday. {Cast lots} RDM AF2"), and there you go.

If it was Ultima's DynamisX LS I'm pretty sure it would of been a tank-only lot. I've been on one of their runs and they have much stricter lotting rules; you can only lot on AF2 that you can equip. Also, I think two other NA's on the server have Shadow Mantles already, but I'm not sure which Dynamis LS they were with.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

rule was free lot, it was free lot...big fucking deal.

would you pass that if it was free lot ?? ROFL NO

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

would you feel like a good person for passing to a tank you dont even know after seeing them kill every HNM on the server leaving nothing for you? i would feel crunchy as fuk if you asked me....

besides.... i wouldnt pay 20k and my hours of exp only to lose it so i can pass on an item....

rules are rules... dont like the way MH (Open Dynamis LS) gets down? stick with your dynamis LS and shut the fuck up.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the point everyone is missing is..

Even if he was a kind enough person to pass. How do you know the next highest lot was even a tank job? So you cant blame him for not 'doing the right thing' in that type of case.

Kuno, like...do you put in a ton of effort to nuke the absolute shit out of that mob in your sig, because last I knew the difference between the current and the previous is like an 800dmg gap O.o

In other news, beat Jeuno, but we picked a bad spot to kill the boss, so we died to a huge repop. Now the gobs are stuck going up stairs and they can't move, and are now riverdancing :D I'll see if I can get a vid, people fraps'D this.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah my last sig was just like "Hey I did double damage, cool!" and then some people complained about it on another thead saying the damage sucked. So then I had to step up and post a better one. Of course this damage is very easy to beat with like an MB and some hq gear etc etc.