Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Vs. FFXI     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

WoW Vs. FFXI

Okay I'm just posting this to ask for real differences between the games. Please don't flame or argue, just post whats great about each game and you can compare simliar things to each other.

For instance 1 Gold in WoW is about 4000Gil in our game and Epic Gear in WoW is alot like Relic Gear in our Game, it Binds to user too (Rare/ex) Just using varies comparsions thats is. I've been looking over WoW and it's alot like FFXI only cartooney and .. hmm more soloable I guess the word would be.

Contructive input appreciated ^^d

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Wow is considerably easier to level up yet the end game seems just as difficult as ffxi. And you can kill other people, which is fun. However, I won't say that i have not thought about playing ffxi a lot again.

There are also no assholes that won't party with you because you're american, and no xp penalties when you die. Leveling up is pretty much ffxi but on easymode...but i honestly think the endgame challenge makes up for the ease of leveling. I got to level 60 on my priest in like 19 days and druid in 18....so yeah not as much of a time commitment

cartoony graphics are annoying

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So there are huge amounts of endgame material in WoW and Content? I was thinking about trying a mage out on my buddies account and seeing how the game works.

What about raid bosses and stuff?

Akiro

my friend plays wow, he said 1 time a person summoned a mob and something happened but he lost control of it and it killed him and other person around.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami
    So there are huge amounts of endgame material in WoW and Content? I was thinking about trying a mage out on my buddies account and seeing how the game works.

What about raid bosses and stuff?
    yeah all that stuff is in the game but it's instanced so you won't ever have to show up and not fight anything.

There are only two non-instanced raid bosses that i know of, and those are fun because it takes 40 people to kill the monster and 40 people to stop all the people of the opposite faction trying to kill you.

8. 2005-06-23 18:47

that's not really cartoony, not like wow

Black Belt
    BG Level

if it wasn't so cartoonish i would be playing WoW right now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Your quote failed :D and so did your life

OMG 200 posts

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well blizzard, unlike square, is smart. see, you still need 40 people to get stuff done, but they implement smaller instances to make you *feel like you're getting somewhere* if you dont have 40people to go run molten core and upcoming blackwing lair.

they also updated pvp and put in battlegrounds (which suck right now) to keep people interested while their lockout timer on mc/onyxia cools off.

endgame in ffxi is about pulling, unfortunately, whereas endgame in wow is about time commitment and farming fire resist gear lol. other than crazy exp party, i never spent 10 hours in a row doing the same thing in ffxi, nor like 6 hours a day 3 days in a row, or whatever.

ffxi definately had more standing around in jeuno than wow has sitting around in if. also, leveling 1-60 is your tutorial on how to play your class. my mage hit 60 in 13 days played and priest in 12 days played, and people have done it far less. so even tho i hit 60 in 13 days i have 62 days playtime total with at max 10% of that afk time (they dont let you afk, those whores)

shinigami your comparison of endgame gear for ff vs wow is only half accurate. tier sets are comparable to AF, and you could compare vis'kag the bloodletter to a ridill, sure, but you have to remember that obtaining items in ff is about pulling, and obtaining items in wow is about luck (tho luck is also involved in ff, you dont get the pull = no chance at all) due to your lockout times on instances.

there's a lot of ffxi elements in wow but there's plenty about ff that i miss. like translator. god help me in my quest to bring engrish and translator to wow.

the thing about wow is, you actually have proof blizzard is not a computer. their gm's play the game and play the content and make updates as needed by gathering their own experiences with player experiences as posted on forums. recently they added thorium point to searing gorge to host a flight point with the intention of faster access to blackrock mountain. not only because people were bitching about it being hard to get to blackrock mountain, but because they used their brains (which square surely doesnt have) and figured out that most players enter blackrock mountain from searing gorge, not burning steppes.

i would never expect square to actually help players nor solve their problems.

as for rmt/economic issues, a ton of crafted gear is endgame gear in ffxi (always has been, and from what i understand, for a lot of casters at least, still is), and so rmt causes economic havoc. the best gear in wow is found on mobs, end of story. you might need to farm some stuff that's buyable to do quests, and that does require gold (~4000g on deathwing for full synthesis of sulfuras), but the majority of gold is so you can repair your gear, lol. i only have around 1500g on my account right now, but i have absolutely nothing i can buy for my mage that i really need, everything else he needs is to be found on mobs.

but screw all that, the biggest decision you need to make is right here -

mithras or night elf females?

only avv sees this KEY IMPORTANT difference :/ good boy avv!

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    but screw all that, the biggest decision you need to make is right here -

mithras or night elf females?

only avv sees this KEY IMPORTANT difference :/ good boy avv!
    I feel important/appreciated now. Thank you, Veritas.

I don't exactly think there is any end game in WoW that can compare to CoP wyrms and some of the CoP missions. If you have a lot of time to spare, my guess is that WoW will become boring fast. You can't have a fast paced game without there people a few people who complete all the available content in a matter of weeks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    I don't exactly think there is any end game in WoW that can compare to CoP wyrms and some of the CoP missions. If you have a lot of time to spare, my guess is that WoW will become boring fast. You can't have a fast paced game without there people a few people who complete all the available content in a matter of weeks.
    i've actually been doing the same shit for months and its pretty fun, a lot more fun than standing in jeuno waiting for jp's to zenmetsu so you could claim

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    i've actually been doing the same shit for months and its pretty fun, a lot more fun than standing in jeuno waiting for jp's to zenmetsu so you could claim
    For the monolingual, please explain @.@

Black Belt
    BG Level

don't know the true JP meaning, but "zenmetsu" is used to mean full wipe.

Danke

What kind of stuff is blizzard planning to add in the future for WoW, and what are battlegrounds? My friend told me it was like capture the flag mmorpg style

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

As far as overall fun, WoW is definitely more casual friendly than FFXI right now.

As far as endgame goes, I'm still unimpressed. There are still basically 2 endgame dungeons that you can do once a week, both of which were extremely buggy for a long time, and a 3rd endgame dungeon is going to be released pretty soon. As far as I'm aware the rewards for the 2 outdoor raid targets aren't all that impressive, nor are the encounters much of a challenge (beyond the PvP aspect of it). Itemization is still pretty lacking in some areas, especially in regards to some of the new PvP reward items being much better in comparison to the existing endgame PvE rewards (especially if you factor in their drop rates). The upside to the endgame right now is that because it is mostly instanced, you don't have to worry about nothing being available for your guild to raid due to too many guilds competing over the content.

Like Veritas said, Battlegrounds still have a lot of issues with them being a successful feature for now, although the concept is nice and has potential.

One thing that definitely is more fun than FFXI is that it's not actually hard to farm for money, so the fact that there might be Chinese goldsellers (which Blizzard has a much more active stance on banning than SE has) doesn't upset the game environment too much because of how easy it is to farm your own money (whether or not this is going to make prices of some crafted items in 6 months extremely ridiculous remains to be seen, so the jury is still out on that aspect).

Again I'd say that WoW is well-suited for casual play, and their development seems to reflect that. The disappointment for me has been that they promised that the game would be extremely "top-heavy", meaning that the game only truly begins at level 60 and would provide a plethora of content to tackle. Unfortunately, most likely due to impatient publishers and overpromising, WoW really falls short of that vision at the present and while it's a fun game I think it has a lot of problems of its own at the moment. I will say though, that at least WoW seems to be addressing relevant issues and working in the right direction, while SE always seems to ignore its problems rather than addressing them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast