Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

"Enemy Locations in Crowded Areas to Change"

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Recently, FFXI's incredible popularity has led to a population boom! The introduction of the Merit Point system and the rapid increase in the number of missions and quests have also increased the traffic in several select areas.

In order to allow everyone room to engage in battles to their heart's content, the FFXI development team will be adjusting enemy locations in the next version update. The bulk of the changes will be to areas from the newest expansion pack, "Chains of Promathia." These adjustments will give players more freedom when choosing where to battle.

The next version update is currently in the testing phase, so look forward to experiencing it soon!
    This is rather interesting, it sounds like they might be (a) trying to provide less aggro in certain areas (b) trying to create more locations that can support xp PTs. Areas most likely to be affected are, imo, Uleguerand Range, Attohwa Chasm, and Al'Taieu.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I really hope it changes it so we don't have to run all the way up to fuckin Jormugand just to find IT mobs ;\

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I wish they would move some of the weapons around in the shrine of ru'avitu. There are those rooms that are just stop offs between teleporters with a bunch of weapons in them. Just move them a bit away from the wall and xp in these damn rooms. Might not be good for lvl 75, but for lower lvls it would be pretty good.

Anyways, that is what I thought of when I first heard of this.

What they really need to do is introduce mobs in limit cap areas that aren't a pain in the butt. Too many lvl 75 out there and since there is no xp penalty if you are in limit mode, you can chain anywhere instead of getting stuck in those few xp spots.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

First thing that comes to mind when i read this is the spot with the IT rams in lufaise meadows. There is absolutely no good camp spot in that entire area. Its also very hard to camp where a pop is, since they are on a 5 minute respawn. Those rams give some pretty big numbers on chains... too bad many of the birds con tough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

But I wonder if they think we don't xp in these areas because of the mob placement? Promyvion mobs give great xp ~180 on the top lvl and aren't hard for one party if they don't spam their special moves.

It isnt the difficulty of getting there or mob placement that stop people from xping there, it is the horribly nasty side effects a ton of COP mobs have.

Sounds like a crappy solution. Just come up with instanced zones or put some crabs, crawlers, and cockatrices in the lvl cap areas :wink:

All they're gonna do is scatter crabs anywhere and everywhere, even where they don't belong, like Ifrit's and Uleguerand. Enjoy!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They can belong there, its time for SE to flex their palette.

Snow crabs
    Fire crabs
    demon crabs
    weapon crabs (who wouldn't want to see a crab with a bunch of floating weapons above its head)

Black Belt
    BG Level

watch them move all the adds away from Tiamat and Jorm

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't they do something similar to Bibiki Bay?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This update has some serious potential, however it really depends on what they do with it. Although I'm glad to see something like this and not "Marble Tavern" updates.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It would be pretty cool if they put more mobs in Bibiki Bay. At JP prime time that place is packed. Same goes for pretty much all levelling areas 60+.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If this doesn't happen, I will be very dissapointed

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/333/img00074kh.png

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    If this doesn't happen, I will be very dissapointed
    Don't worry, it will happen eventually. (My theory is that in Dynamis - Valkrum we will find out that the Dynamis Lord and Promethia were just puppets for the true master of evil in Vana'diel, a little blue crab.)

E. Body
    BG Level

omg SPOILER!

i hope them make more camp spots for beastmaster.

Crowded area = Bibiki Bay where everyone seems to exp now regardless of level or people in the zone.

hmmm..
    If there are 6 parties from 67-73 in a zone do you think it would be a good idea to be #7? About a month ago KB was up durring NA prime time and there were more 69+ people in Bibiki Bay them Behemoth's Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by mademine
    Crowded area = Bibiki Bay where everyone seems to exp now regardless of level or people in the zone.

hmmm..
    If there are 6 parties from 67-73 in a zone do you think it would be a good idea to be #7? About a month ago KB was up durring NA prime time and there were more 69+ people in Bibiki Bay them Behemoth's Dominion.
    thats something i wouldn't complain about, u prefer 300 ppl camping KB?XD

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    thats something i wouldn't complain about, u prefer 300 ppl camping KB?XD
    I do when I am trying to exp my bst or monk.

well if theres more ppl at bibiki bay maybe its a good time to go camp KB instead :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    well if theres more ppl at bibiki bay maybe its a good time to go camp KB instead :D
    make sure to go as BRD/DRG