Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zdeis?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Zdeis?

I've noticed Zdeis sometimes have poles or rings surrounding them. Does anyone actually know what those change about the pot?

That and is there any way to stop optic induration once it begins charging up?

never figured that out.

4 months later...

I'm pretty sure that knowledge on sea mob behavior is more advanced now, but I can't really find any good resources on it, so I've been spending the last few days poking around and getting myself killed.

Anyway, I was messing about solo in HuXzoi today, mainly fighting Eo'Zdeis on the first leg of mission 8-2. I got 160-200 limit points @75 for each one, which puts them at level 77-78 .

The bar/ring/nothing status seems to control what weaponskills the Zdei will use when it uses its TP. For example, it seems like the "Filament" weaponskills only occur when it has bars. The "Reactor" weaponskills only occur when it has rings. Optic Induration only occurs when it has no features, and I assume the Silencing weaponskill is similar.

Whenever the Zdei goes to do Optic Induration, first it stops attacking for a period of about 3-4 seconds. During this period, when you strike it physically, there's an animation around the Zdei--it looks almost like it is short circuiting.

The first time I got Induration, I fought the Zdei throughout this period. When it "blew up", it did 800+ damage to me.

The next time I got Induration, I stopped attacking when I noticed this animation. I did about 60ish damage accidentally. When it "blew up", I only took 60 some odd damage.

The 3rd and last time I got Induration, I stopped attacking, and ran a little bit away. Accidentally hit it for about 60ish damage while doing this. Again, the move only did 60 some damage to me.

When the pot is in "induration" mode, it moves like it has really heavy weight. So potentially, you could run away from this move. Of course, depending on where you are fighting your movement may be restricted by other monsters. The move isn't gaze-based. I'm not sure if it is true AoE or if it is conical, since I was solo and always got hit.

I'm wondering if there is more experience now on Zdei behavior. It seems plausible to me that damage from Optic Induration is based on the amount of damage or number of strikes you deal to the Zdei while it is "charging" the move--though the duration of the petrification didn't seem to vary. Anyone else have experience they want to share?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

When they have rings they are weak to slashing, poles to piercing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha
    When they have rings they are weak to slashing, poles to piercing.
    That only applies to the NM pot, Jailer of Temperance. No difference in damage done in different modes has been noticed by me or others when fighting the normal ones.

Edit:
    Aurik's post above summarizes the behavior I've noticed as well. I never tested to see if Optic Induration was related to damage dealt to it during the charge up period though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

<_< Well I did it on the pot BC rofl. So I assumed it worked the same for all pots.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It works on Temperance and the Pot BC, don't see why the normal pots wouldn't work that way as well. I'll have to check it out.