Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    acc bonus X) drg only trait
    You could sub RNG to the same effect to get Accuracy Bonus, but wind up with a less useful sub overall.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

That would sort of justify that Ragnarok wielder's choice of WAR/DRG then, maybe?

always found that interesting, i think SE made an error rng's trait is rng acc+ i think, i mean a rng at sky never connects with axe even when capped, i find it very hard to believe they have 4 acc+ trait on melee, cos they should hit a lot more even with -acc on rings

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

always found that interesting, i think SE made an error rng's trait is rng acc+ i think, i mean a rng at sky never connects with axe even when capped, i find it very hard to believe they have 4 acc+ trait on melee, cos they should hit a lot more even with -acc on rings
    I rarely miss, even with Merman Rings. o_O

next time i have 4 rng's in PT i'll take some screenshots, missing at least 50% of their axe attacks and/or dagger attacks those mobs at sky are only VT max, a normal melee should be hitting 90+% easily

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Take into account who still uses Sushi and who doesn't. Rangers should stop using that crutch at 70, while I've seen most Melee continue to use it in Merit parties.

Considering Axe isn't an A weapon for Rangers, and the smart ones won't be Meriting it, the overall accuracy of the Axe acceptable. Accuracy Bonus traits counteract the Rings pretty well, but they're not going to give you perfect accuracy.

Then again... Rangers aren't invited to parties for their axes and daggers, are they?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

acc bonus X) drg only trait
    and attack bonus I is level 10 drg, level 30 war, if u want want attack bonus II u need to /drk
    Or you can eat sushi if you want an accuracy bonus.

actually i have a question, how hard per swing do melees hit exp golems at sky?

All of rangers accuracy traits added up at 70+ are like 60+ accuracy for both ranged and melee. Replace mermans rings with snipers+1 and kriegs/fransesica is nice for in between shots. Even with -16 accuracy from mermans rings i still hit quite often on sky mobs with melee.

Mifaco post somethiiiiing!

i mean seriously who cares? if u don't like drg's don't level it or don't invite to PT no need to say shit, if u have a level 62 job come PT with me we'll parse all fight and see who does more dmg, no rng's X)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

my problem is when leader invites me to pt with a drg in it.

The last DRG I PTed with had full AF, two dex rings, and ate sushi.

In my opinion the best food for drgs is Venom Potions.

Xavier

Replacing mermans with snipers +1, I have roughly an 85% hit rate with my ridill, and RNG sword skill caps at 210. 210 is horribly gimp on VT-IT mobs, so its seems silly to suggest that the acc traits on rng aren't for both rng and normal, as my D weapon has better accuracy than most standard melee with their main weapons.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

acc traits are for Physical attacks.

ranged and melee are both considered physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    my problem is when leader invites me to pt with a drg in it.

The last DRG I PTed with had full AF, two dex rings, and ate sushi.

In my opinion the best food for drgs is Venom Potions.
    so other job in AF would do much better than a drg in AF? ur talking about gimp in gear nothing to do with job

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

no, because when a thf activates perfect dodge, you can still hit them with a range attack and it suppose to dodge all 'physical attacks' correct?

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

no, because when a thf activates perfect dodge, you can still hit them with a range attack and it suppose to dodge all 'physical attacks' correct?
    False

"Allows you to dodge all melee attacks."

E. Body
    BG Level

DRK/DRG in balista (if you don't have a ridill)

400+ damage soul eater jumps ftw

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    DRK/DRG in balista (if you don't have a ridill)

400+ damage soul eater jumps ftw
    Nice, really nice, but ur left with little hp and no way to defend yourself^^

Lol, Moggy i forgot all about ur drg, looks like you forgot about it aswell though

DRG main does nice avg dmg if the player is good but nice doesn't cut it in FFXI now does it......DRG's main trait is avg dmg which they do ok even good but end game you don't use melee for avg dmg 90% of the time.

While the drk's are stuning and SE SATA on tanks with other melee, mnks chi blasting, SAM going crazy with ws's on tanks with thf/sam's. Melee are hardly needed for much end game, but when they are it's cause of what they can do that other jobs cant..theirs nothing drg can do that another job cant do end game wise and alot better for that matter. blame SE i guess

Ohh and rng is the only job i know with -acc and still hits....with -30-40 acc a lvl B-C weapon and still hitting...those traits arent for nothing

PS: OMG the DRG thread is back.. HAHAHAHAHA