Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja / Ranger NERF     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bleh, I would of preferred a boost to all other melees instead of nerfing rangers. Would be nice to know what its like to get 9+K xp an hour.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Do they level it cause they view the job as fun or do they level it to see the game they paid for?
    I played them for fun, doing less damage as a rng = not fun, losing hate while doing nothing wrong = not fun. ;3

Bleh, I would of preferred a boost to all other melees instead of nerfing rangers. Would be nice to know what its like to get 9+K xp an hour.

Word. It's like the brady bunch- Marcia is prettier than Jan, but Jan could get her nails done and shit to look prettier instead of making Marcia look like ass when people are still gonna want her more anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    Do they level it cause they view the job as fun or do they level it to see the game they paid for?
    I played them for fun, doing less damage as a rng = not fun, losing hate while doing nothing wrong = not fun. ;3
    You can't deny that a good chunk of people who level ranger or ninja as a second job do it because their first job was found out to be a waste of space at end game(and for most of the other game too).

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides

Word. It's like the brady bunch- Marcia is prettier than Jan, but Jan could get her nails done and shit to look prettier instead of making Marcia look like ass when people are still gonna want her more anyway...

LMFAO

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe this will help me see my dream dynamis of 64 black mages someday.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Does no one see how this benefits RNG/NIN?(the utsusemi thing)

u get utsusemi san now, 500 shadows but 0 hate till u lose it all lol X)

Akiro

it seems more based around pld getting hate back alot fast when rangers get hate from sidewinder/slug shot

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    it seems more based around pld getting hate back alot fast when rangers get hate from sidewinder/slug shot

that's kinda true... i wonder how pld/nin is gonna be now.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Soon, the distance of the monster from the player will determine the damage and accuracy of ranged attacks. This determination will vary from weapon to weapon, as will the ideal distance for maximum damage. In addition, the higher the monster's level is with regard to the player, the less damage will be dealt with a ranged attack. This system is similar to that of melee attacks, but the difference in damage will not be as great.
    This sounds like the balance RNGs have been needing.

Oh yeah, and... I wonder how much this is going to nerf Dynamis Lord DPSing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Depends on Dynamis Lord's level I guess.

Does anyone see how this benefits BLM/NIN?

Because I do. And I'll SJ it too and laugh in the faces of all the HNM in the world that don't pwn me with AoE. =x

Haste+Utsusemi+MeritedEVAskill+EVAgear => pwn

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Maybe I'll still have reasons to use my 75 PLD. :D But this means I need to get nin to 75 asap before the changes happen.

But something bugs me. Part of the reason I leveled ninja was to fight gods / kirin / CoP wyrms with it, does that mean ninja can't do it very well anymore? I can still hold / solo a bunch of shit but, man...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I guess a good thing about the utsusemi nerf, is it should get alot of ninjas away from evasion builds and more towards str/atk builds to keep hate, atleast for xp anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    Maybe I'll still have reasons to use my 75 PLD. :D But this means I need to get nin to 75 asap before the changes happen.
    If you can level a job at 58 to 75 before maintenance...

you're hacking or some shit.

Because you don't have that much time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My nin is 65 at the moment lol

2-3 RNG PT in Bibiki Bay killing goblins and Catoblepas ftw

And remember how it took 30k exp to level up at level 61? Well I'm level 65 and I still don't even need 30k exp to level.

So any GOOD exp party with lots of rangers will get you like, one level a party.

Old Merits
    BG Level

i just read it on the german pol site, this is the worst bullshit i ever heared and makes nin tanking a lot harder now without sata, if you dont waste 100k/hour tools, even then its damn hard now.... PLD/NIN and NINmain are weak if they really do this, i cant believe imagin that, you use nin tools as hell now.... tank hell perfect...

?? absorb 1 shadow
    ?? absorb 1 shadow
    ?? absorb 1 shadow
    ?? Lizzy attacks BLM ect ect

mobs will run crazy now probably ;; with nin tanks

Before this update, yes.

After this update?

WARx3 OK

This one WAR was dual wielding axes and pulling hate off my NIN without him voking with relative ease. ~80dmg/hit, I'm sorry, but a low level NIN, even one spamming elementals, cannot keep up with that shit.

Get me 3 WARs like that, and they'll own rangers after this patch. At least they aren't affected by the distance they are from the mob. God, what a stupid as fucking hell addition to the system.

And Bercus, as Taru, we have enough of a pain in the ass time keeping hate w/o Enmity gear anyway. Maybe that will still keep the difference in our favor after the patch. Hopefully it's very little enmity loss. Either way, it'll help our NIN or our BLM ^.^