Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja / Ranger NERF     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ninja / Ranger NERF

Changes to Utsusemi and Ranged Attacks

The next version update will make battle more strategic for players who use Utsusemi or ranged attacks.

*Changes to the ninjutsu "Utsusemi"
    In the next update, the player's enmity will decrease when a shadow image created by Utsusemi is absorbed by an attack.

*Changes to Ranged Attacks
    Soon, the distance of the monster from the player will determine the damage and accuracy of ranged attacks. This determination will vary from weapon to weapon, as will the ideal distance for maximum damage. In addition, the higher the monster's level is with regard to the player, the less damage will be dealt with a ranged attack. This system is similar to that of melee attacks, but the difference in damage will not be as great.

A score of new material and exciting new improvements awaits in the next version update in mid-July, so keep checking this site for details as the time approaches!

--------------------------

Discuss.

what the fuck.......

bbl. im gonna go cry myself to sleep.

wow... anyone wanna buy Rng equip for lvl 60?

lol good one...

joke right?

right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoshen
    lol good one...

joke right?

right?!
    Check POL main site, it's right there. Ranger and Nin are easily the two most popluar jobs at the moment, I don't see what SE expects to gain by nerfing them. Besides maybe making all the noobs happy....

Wow.....it finally happened....ranger nerf....so Gods are mage only now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoshen
    lol good one...

joke right?

right?!
    Check POL main site, it's right there. Ranger and Nin are easily the two most popluar jobs at the moment, I don't see what SE expects to gain by nerfing them. Besides maybe making all the noobs happy....
    /sarcasm off

Meh, I'm half asleep too tired to pick up on it

The ninja nerf....eh....I don't view that as too much of a problem for any competant ninja tank. However the ranger nerf......potential to piss lotsa people off. And by people I mean rangers. And HNM LS leaders who rely on rangers to do the majority of damage to kited mobs.

Maybe they got tired of complaints from other DDs, especially DRGs. Almost everyone, when building a party looks at DDs like this: RNG>Every other DD.

As for the NIN, maybe they wanna let PLDs shine a little more... although I seriously don't understand that.....

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Man so fuckin gay. Can't believe they would nerf like 50% of there fuckin player base. So glad I just dinged nin75.;;

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

damn...

I'd really love to see what all the bitching, whining allakhanoob non-rng DD have to say about this being a "good thing" when kirin starts taking them 3 hours instead of 30 mins.

gg S-E, gfg...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This is just a fuckin lame ass attempt to push players more towards nin/rdm etc for enfeebling/damage or nin/rng. Fuckin retarded. Atleast give nin something decent to throw.

Fira, ninja and ranger don't make 50% of the player base, although they better give some good news to appease the people they're pissing off soon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Fira, ninja and ranger don't make 50% of the player base, although they better give some good news to appease the people they're pissing off soon.
    am pretty sure i said "like 50%" but most people level one of those 2 hjobs as 2nd or 3rd job so it cant be far off.

Do they level it cause they view the job as fun or do they level it to see the game they paid for?

this doesnt really affect serket NIN (rape evasion and solo stuff) at all because they fight level 60 mobs so they rape all the hate, mostly with damage

but for NIN tanking major stuff that they cant really melee like wyrms, where all their hate is from voke warcry and ninjutsu, its gonna be a lot harder and probably impossible if the changes are major

Remember when AoE attacks started having the ability to 'take all shadows'?

Remember how little that affected NIN?

Yes, let's pray SE fucks up their own nerf again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast