+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: war of the worlds     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

war of the worlds

a

it was boring except for the special effects and the slaughters

I saw Land of the Dead and War of the Worlds on the same day... if I had to choose one to see a second time, it would probably be Land of the Dead, and I would see Batman again over both of them.

Incrediably intelligent aliens using technology that was like five thousand years old to them to completely massacre the entire race. They cannot be hit by missles or any weaponry because all their ships have shields. Seems like all is lost, except....

spoiler (if u care)..

BACTERIA. OMFGBBQ this planet that we have been obseriving for millenia has bacteria! not only that, but our superior intelligence is balanced by our weak immune systems! and thus they all die.

anyone ever had the unfortunate expererience of seeing "Signs"? same thing, advanced aliens come to kill humans but forget one thing: water melts them. i guess they missed the small oceans from space.

if one more movie comes out where super smart aliens come to earth, kick ass, then get killed by something retarded like bacteria of water im boycotting the movies for life.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Last week, I saw Batman Begins, Land of the Dead, War of the Worlds, and Howl's Moving Castle.

Howl's Moving Castle was the BEST. Batman Begins 2nd best..the rest were gay.

lol yeah, i remember thinking that about Signs. I also thought about it more and remembered that our earth has this thing called "Water Vapor" i'm sure very few of you have heard of such a thing but they form these mysterious things called "Clouds" that drop a substance called "Rain".

and what do all of these things have in common? thats right, they all have water, you know that thing that covers 70% of the planet and kills evil aliens.

*grabs a bat and flys to hollywood to beat the writers of Signs knee caps in*

(sorry for the rant, its just i felt dumber after watching that movie)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Andarvi said:
    if one more movie comes out where super smart aliens come to earth, kick ass, then get killed by something retarded like bacteria of water im boycotting the movies for life.
    Movies have been doin that forever though. I said that same thing when old ass Danny Glover beat the Predator, but hey, it's a way to waste a few hours.

Banned.

BG Level

a

damn you almaa.

i love maddox and reading that article only rekindled original thoughts that plagued my mind after seeing that movie for the first time.

took years to surpress the memories of the disappointment i felt about signs.

and yes, how the fuck did danny glover defeat a predator? ive got a better one: how did ll cool j actually survive longer than five minutes in deep blue sea? granted sam jackson filled the role of "early to die black guy" but i would definately think ll would follow suit.

I've never really liked Science Fiction movies but then again, I rarely ever watch any movies. I perfer old classics when movies were an art. Movies now are an entertainment and I'd rather be out with my friends or be behind this computer. Sadly, when I grow up I want to go into the film industry, lol. Maybe I can bring back some of the good old movies like The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

Based on your 53 ratings, we predict:
    You might not like this movie

Signs was interesting up until the point the alien was shown imo. Regardless how they try, they just replay the entire stereotypical alien with green skin, a bigass head, and oval-shaped eyes.

Newsflash: It's OLDE

**Spoiler** (assuming no one's seen that old movie yet)

The ending was honestly lame, but I will give 1 point of credit to having the subtly of the girl with the water constantly around the house, that was kinda interesting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    Incrediably intelligent aliens using technology that was like five thousand years old to them to completely massacre the entire race. They cannot be hit by missles or any weaponry because all their ships have shields. Seems like all is lost, except....

spoiler (if u care)..

BACTERIA. OMFGBBQ this planet that we have been obseriving for millenia has bacteria! not only that, but our superior intelligence is balanced by our weak immune systems! and thus they all die.
    That's not actually a spoiler since the movie is a remake.

it's a spoiler if you haven't seen either one...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    it's a spoiler if you haven't seen either one...
    And have not at least have heard of the famous radio presentation put on by the great Orson Wells which caused a nation-wide panic.

SPOILER ALERT!!! (For movies that are all 10 or more years old, since we know they will all be remade in the next 5 years.)

Rosebud is a sled.

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

Superman tricks Lex Luthor into turning on a machine that robs Zod and his underlings of their powers.

Rocky wins.

She's actually a he.

All of the gremlins die, but Gizmo lives ensuring a sequel.

The hot chick is really a huge bug.

The Enterprise crew returns from the past with the whales and saves the Earth.

The Titanic hits an iceberg and sinks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

*Spoilers*

Well... I read the book and saw both movies and I'll have to say, I was disappointed with War of the Worlds but I actually liked Signs.

I also found it really silly that these things (War of the Worlds) have been studying us for millions of years, built every possible defense against our weapons and technology, yet failed to study the environment we live in and notice what has also killed us? And I also found the scene with them coming down into the house with no kind of body suit on really careless too.

But in Signs I don't remember them building up to these specific aliens have been studying us and our environment for so long? I could be wrong, but at any rate, I liked both movies, but was far more disappointed in the ending in WoW. It could have been good if they didn't emphasize so much that they have been studying us for millions of years.

New Merits
    BG Level

movie was ghey to me it felt like they rushed the ending. i cansum the whole movie for anyone who doesnt want to waste 2hours of their lives. ALIENS!!!!! run, run, run, run, run, BACTERIA!!!!! *dead* X.X YAY we won!! end.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The whole point of bacteria killing the aliens was that it was hubris to only study humanity and not the other species on the planet.

I was kind of rooting for the aliens and the total destruction of humanity...

SPOILER--------------------------

Oh, and when his son was at his mom's house when they got there, I got mad and said "bullshit!" I didn't realize I said it pretty loud, people around me started laughing and agreeing with me.