Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yesterday was funny.....

Imagine being double teamed by a RDM and a WAR both 75 and fairly good gear... The only way I can win this battle is by taking out the rdm since he is constantly curing the war... but the rdm has gravity/silence on me....

So I start hitting the war building my tp to 210 and activate all my att ability’s (not including 2hour) and quickly pulled up my WS list and tabbed the target over to the RDM :D Mwahahaa mistral axe from a distance did 726 and one shotted the RDM, the war even said "FUCK" in say. So he had to be punished for his 2 teaming antics and I survived with 400+ hp.

I wish I could have filmed that shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I knew you'd say that. Oh well, ballista ain't for you, then.
    Last time I went to ballista as a RDM I had to make whole new ballista macro's for spells I don't usually use often in exp PTs such as bind, stonega (great for shadow raping) and aquaveil, as well as change macros for my defensive buffs that I use while solo'ing or dynamis etc. Besides, being a RDM requires use of every single piece of equipment to function at full power. You other jobs have it easy (bar BLM, but you nuke hard as well) with only 1 set of gear that you can live by quite easily without having such a deep penatly as RDMs.
    >.>; Carbon is 75 rdm too just so ya know. He has 2 peices of blood gear and -1 hands too But, carbon sucks.

Niro..gtfo. You suck. You can't even stop me from hitting you with FLASH!

Ya...another worthless addition to this growing, retarded updated.
    Skill > Gear for RDM. If I was that RDM Lujan, I would've help killed your ass

Relic Shield
    BG Level

btw, he had Stoneskin and Phalanx up, so I doubt you would of stood a chance Ulmegy lol

Akiro

you fail to say what race, if it was a taru then yea a 700+ attack would drop him.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    you fail to say what race, if it was a taru then yea a 700+ attack would drop him.
    I think its more the fact that he did 7xx through stoneskin and phalanx to a rdm, what powa.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by 2D
    You can get another 10 pallates if you need, just need to save/switch them at the login screen. Its been alittle while since I done it but it should be in the book, I'll edit it in after I find the keys you have to press.

EDIT: I think this will work.
    You can save 4 sets of macros like that. I have sets backed up for level capped areas so I don't have to rewrite equipment swaps. I am a total macro whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    You can save 4 sets of macros like that. I have sets backed up for level capped areas so I don't have to rewrite equipment swaps. I am a total macro whore.
    As any good RDM should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    I think its more the fact that he did 7xx through stoneskin and phalanx to a rdm, what powa.
    Stoneskin casted by anygood RDM (take that hit while you're alone and put on MND gear) should have like 300-400 HP, Phalanx would only take off 25-30 depending on skill (and whether you changed equipment). That still leaves RDMs with natural HP. I have about 996 with full MP gear, and above 1100 with mostly anything else.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Skill almost always > than gear. I personally don't have a problem with gear switching in ballista, simply because I'm there to have fun, most of the time, and not necessarily to win. It can be a hassle, however. Just try to make the best use of what you're given. After all, RDM = diversity. You can do it, have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Here's a great idea! How about you just use one of your other 9 macro slots. You would only have to write it once, and you could use it forever and ever in every ballista! Wow!!!
    Possibly because I use all 10 macro pallates for RDM and other jobs.
    So do I. 2 rows for RNG, 5 for BLM, 2 for BRD, 1 for NIN, and I'm shot.

And Carbon. Skill is good to a point. But you eventually have to have the gear to augement that skill.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Kinda like how Evasion is good to a point, then you need Evasion Skill. :D