Ballista revamped! (7/4/2005) FFXI Dev Team

editedlolz

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

More changes to an aspect of the game that the vast majority of players don't really pay any attention to anyway.

They seem to have totally given up on the idea of Ballista representing conflict between the three nations, not that it was a particularly stellar idea in the first place. Maybe next they'll just let us become citizens of Jeuno, since that's where everybody spends most of their time.

Whatever happened to the other forms of "Conflict" that they were alluding to before Ballista was revealed? All this effort seemingly devoted to making Ballista more popular may be better spent just coming up with a new minigame instead.

Minor, incremental changes delivered at a glacial pace like this is exactly what I hate about the way S-E treats this game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    More changes to an aspect of the game that the vast majority of players don't really pay any attention to anyway.
    Balista is huge on Remora, im sure its huge on alot of the other servers. Just because your server isnt balista crazy doesnt mean this patch is worthless.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While ballista may be huge, none of these changes are anything important at all. All this does is make the existing rules permanant, and allow new people to enter mid battle. Oh wow how totally amazing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    While ballista may be huge, none of these changes are anything important at all. All this does is make the existing rules permanant, and allow new people to enter mid battle. Oh wow how totally amazing.
    You beat me to it. The title is "Balista Revamped!" on the front page, but it doesn't look like they are changing the fundimentals of it. (Like allowing single PvP like people have been begging for.)

Edit: And fuck Balista. I will never bother to get a license as long as there is a penalty for changing gear since I would have to rewrite almost every macro.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sept a good trick for that is to put your extra gear on bazaar for max price. :3 And it's not so bad if you need to rest or whatever, the penalty is a bind that doesn't let you cast spells. If you're already resting it wont mess anything up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Like I said, I would have to rewrite almost every macro because I use gear swaps to their fullest.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But if the items you are swapping are in your bazaar you wont need to rewrite macros...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can't bazaar Rare/EX items. It's a stupid rule, plain and simple.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So put them in your mog/storage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Here's a great idea! How about you just use one of your other 9 macro slots. You would only have to write it once, and you could use it forever and ever in every ballista! Wow!!!

herald gaiters would get bought out of bazaar by RMT
    but i guess i'd be using them so i'm dumb

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Here's a great idea! How about you just use one of your other 9 macro slots. You would only have to write it once, and you could use it forever and ever in every ballista! Wow!!!
    Possibly because I use all 10 macro pallates for RDM and other jobs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I knew you'd say that. Oh well, ballista ain't for you, then.

Last time I went to ballista as a RDM I had to make whole new ballista macro's for spells I don't usually use often in exp PTs such as bind, stonega (great for shadow raping) and aquaveil, as well as change macros for my defensive buffs that I use while solo'ing or dynamis etc. Besides, being a RDM requires use of every single piece of equipment to function at full power. You other jobs have it easy (bar BLM, but you nuke hard as well) with only 1 set of gear that you can live by quite easily without having such a deep penatly as RDMs.

One reason I stick to 30/40 caps (not as RDM though) If I do uncapped Ballista it's just sticking with Darkstaff for sleepga, screws me out of other shit, but that's the line of SE - fucking over it's playerbase just as they always have.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

*cough* hello? I cant even change gear to enhance my stoneskin without getting that stupid penalty, or ensure a stick on silence when a blm has baraero and barsilence on -.- And yeah, uncapped ballista has been reduced to pretending im a bard. Pluto's staff and sleepga anyone?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Possibly because I use all 10 macro pallates for RDM and other jobs.
    You can get another 10 pallates if you need, just need to save/switch them at the login screen. Its been alittle while since I done it but it should be in the book, I'll edit it in after I find the keys you have to press.

EDIT: I think this will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    *cough* hello? I cant even change gear to enhance my stoneskin without getting that stupid penalty, or ensure a stick on silence when a blm has baraero and barsilence on -.- And yeah, uncapped ballista has been reduced to pretending im a bard. Pluto's staff and sleepga anyone?
    I don't think anyone else can. Also I keep an Ice Staff on me, for nuking

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Last time I went to ballista as a RDM I had to make whole new ballista macro's for spells I don't usually use often in exp PTs such as bind, stonega (great for shadow raping) and aquaveil, as well as change macros for my defensive buffs that I use while solo'ing or dynamis etc. Besides, being a RDM requires use of every single piece of equipment to function at full power. You other jobs have it easy (bar BLM, but you nuke hard as well) with only 1 set of gear that you can live by quite easily without having such a deep penatly as RDMs.
    >.>; Carbon is 75 rdm too just so ya know. He has 2 peices of blood gear and -1 hands too But, carbon sucks.

Niro..gtfo. You suck. You can't even stop me from hitting you with FLASH!

Ya...another worthless addition to this growing, retarded updated.