Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windower     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Windower

So, I assume everyone else's windower is fucked up as well? Checked Archbell and I guess they're supposed to have a release sometime today or tomorrow to fix that crap, but anyone have/know of another one that seems to work? -.-

SE seriously needs to focus on the issues that hurt the entire playerbase, NOT A FUCKING WINDOWER

I agree wholeheartedly, ironically though - the hacks haven't stopped (I think someone said they still work).

Good job SE, for just making me NOT want to play your (mostly) boring-let-me-do-something-else-while-playing game

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I agree wholeheartedly, ironically though - the hacks haven't stopped (I think someone said they still work).

Good job SE, for just making me NOT want to play your (mostly) boring-let-me-do-something-else-while-playing game
    Bingo, playing WoW until I get the new windower, I'm not playing FFXI with that damn screen attached to the upper left-hand corner/left-hand side and being unmoveable. Fuckers.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You can move it.. You just need to move your start button panel thingy to the left side, then make it bigger.. It'll push the windowed FFXI window to the right Works for all directions, just really annoying.

Black Belt
    BG Level

heh that's genius.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Make a copy of ffxi.dll and ffximain.dll (the two files that were modified) before you patch, and use them instead of the new versions. The windower will work just like it did before.

I like pie.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

lol what a gay fix... dont even require new dlls in order to connect.

i sent pol report but not like theyll do anything.

You sent a POL report about your windower not working? Nice job fucking yourself! :D

I don't want to fuck around with .dll's, knowing my luck I'd screw something up

Oh, and if you seriously sent a report about your windower not working, consider yourself screwed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

WoW is obviously the solution to all problems
    Wow is perfect

Confirmed: ffxipos still works.

Hyjal server, bored as hell >.> No I don't use this name <.<

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

how stupid are you ppl? dont post ways to fix shit and how it still works on the most popular NA community board....

idea: post it in your own LS private section where faggot GMs can't read

Quote Originally Posted by Raiko
    how stupid are you ppl? dont post ways to fix shit and how it still works on the most popular NA community board....

Stupid enough to keep paying SE to play a game they can't fucking moderate the way it SHOULD be done.

Do you think I give a good goddamn what some ricer GM reads and doesn't read?

First thing I did after fixing the windower was, is fly to the top of the flag at the Lower Jeuno AH.

Fuck them for all I care. I'll have fun in a game all I want... remember that? Game? Fun? The fact that the two are supposed to go together?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone know where I can find a downloadable version of SE's TOS for FFXI?

I'm having issues navigating WoW it's been awhile since I've played LOL >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Raiko

I posted how to make the windower work. I don't care about helping people who use the teleport hacks, because it's such a painfully obvious 'fix' that anyone smart enough to use the things (read: not an idiot) could have figured out the same thing on their own. Security through obscurity never worked anyway.

For all we know, they could have added more server-side checks for suspicious movement patterns without incuring any downtime. They could have a system that automatically flags any accounts seen moving faster than they should be able to for investigation. Who knows?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    For all we know, they could have added more server-side checks for suspicious movement patterns without incuring any downtime. They could have a system that automatically flags any accounts seen moving faster than they should be able to for investigation. Who knows?
    Omfg... so that's what it is. That explains a lot why some people who are running ahead of me would pause for a second and than all of a sudden be a mile ahead of me. They must be hacking.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Well, that could've just been lag on your side stopping their movement packets from being transmitted to you in time, or it could have been lag on their side stopping their movement packets from being transmitted to the server on time. I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here, but whatever.

Also, in response to your other question, they're here.