Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quick fix to the windower     submit to reddit submit to twitter

quick fix to the windower

It is posted in allakhazam.com main forum.
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...5849260&num=14

Hey all, I wrote this quick program to fix this problem with the windower until the update. You can download it here http://www.mundenisgod.com/QuickFix.zip

1. Run the QuickFix.exe

2. Launch the Launcher.exe program like you always have to run to run the game.

3. To minimize Hit ALT+TAB to make the taskbar apear THEN press CTRL and M to minimize.

4. To Restore press CTRL and N

I wrote this with AutoIt V3.1.1.0 and did not password the code so feel free to decompile it. You can get AutoIt free at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

~Munden
    http://www.MundenIsGod.com

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://liveupsidedown.com/jeem/ffxidlls.zip

go to your ffxi folder and rename the files and use these...

better then the quickfix.exe shit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You realize SE is just going to do something more drastic; they obviously dislike third party software.

My idea would be to start a ...memo, for lack of a better word. Send it around to all the big LSes on every server that we can. Get about 2 or 3 thousand signatures, send it to SE saying that if they don't fix what needs to be fixed and bring back that which they lost, that we'll cancel our accounts.

They won't ignore the 28, 40 thousand dollars a month, would they?

Noone who signed the damn thing would actually cancel their account.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

But they don't actually have to; it would get the point across to SE and, at least if I were them, wouldn't risk it.

Besides, how many accounts are there on FFXI? every server?

I'm sure we could find 2000 peeps who play WoW

Can't wait to get 75/37/37 so I can get in this damn LS! You guys rock.
    </random>

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

They'd more than likely call the bluff.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    You realize SE is just going to do something more drastic; they obviously dislike third party software.

My idea would be to start a ...memo, for lack of a better word. Send it around to all the big LSes on every server that we can. Get about 2 or 3 thousand signatures, send it to SE saying that if they don't fix what needs to be fixed and bring back that which they lost, that we'll cancel our accounts.

FFXI Players aren't hardcore enough to do something like http://www.fohguild.org/archive.php?page=8 (bottom post on the page). And even if they were, SE clearly is catering to their "I'm a casual player who only plays 3 hours a week so I'm still Level 30 after a year" base, as well as the fact that their management comes up with the ingenious idea that "Hey we don't have to come up with new content if we just release the game to more countries in order to replace all the people who get tired of our game! We can just add bullshit content like clamming and mannequin poses and pretend there isn't a problem! Hey I bet half of those unhappy players will still be so addicted to our game that they won't cancel anyway!"

How much you wanna bet that the money they'd lose from banning all the gilsellers accounts across all servers would be more than the accounts they would lose if all the hardcore NA HNMLSes (all 5 of them) cancelled their accounts? Chances are the problem won't get fixed until the game is already ruined, and by then it'll be too late for them to save it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Besides from that being your 555st post, which is pretty odd, you're right.

{/sigh}

I'm going to stick with it because there is just much more that I haven't yet experienced.

It's called a petition

They never work

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I refuse to call it on a petition on the grounds that it's not really a petition. It's just a threat.

I refuse to call it on a petition on the grounds that it's not really a petition. It's just a threat.
    Ok, Petitions, Ultimatums, and Threats don't work. Especially the latter two since more often than not they have no maturity backing them up whatsoever it'll be dismissed in mere seconds, and odds are any future propositions you may suggest will be dismissed in this same manner due to the fact you made yourself look like an act before.

Only way to go about it is diplomatically, even then SE won't listen to you, but in the longrun you didn't make yourself look like an idiot when SE HAS A FUCKING F RATING FROM THE BBB >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    SE clearly is catering to their "I'm a casual player who only plays 3 hours a week so I'm still Level 30 after a year" base, as well as the fact that their management comes up with the ingenious idea that "Hey we don't have to come up with new content if we just release the game to more countries in order to replace all the people who get tired of our game! We can just add bullshit content like clamming and mannequin poses and pretend there isn't a problem!

Bingo.