Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article on Gilfarmers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

He's paid about 56 cents an hour to work in a videogame "sweatshop."
    56 cents an hour to ruin the experience for everyone else! AWESOME!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Time to blame U.S. globalization.

That's a pretty recent article (7/5) and I'm surprised what people will do for that. Some say regarding their own country's worth, 56 cents an hour is decent living (turkish lira anyone?). Maybe. Possibly. Since economics isn't my forte, I just have to say that's a lot what people give to get disturbing miniscule paychecks.

I hope they consider the ethics. 24 year old graduates working in sweatshops. Either you have bad teachers or as Family Guy put it, mentally retarded but can get away with it.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know if that article was supposed to arise any sort of minimal sympathetic feelings towards gilsellers, but it certainly did NOT for me. I fucking hate those scum bags, and know that I know that they're working for less than 1/10th of minimum fucking wage in Canada makes me irate (no, not that they should be getting more, but that they somehow find it in them to collect the money one can get in no time at all and continue to do that, ruining the experience for everyone). I almost want to go and break every computer they have set up and watch their family starve to death. Yes, you heard me... I'd watch. It was even mentioned that one bastard traded his damn wedding ring for WoW gold. Nothing more than dirt on the ground to me.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Meh, the problem won't go away. Banning these people is a temporary fix but really game designers just need to make it so that this kind of thing has a minimal impact on people's playing experiences. Instance more stuff (or create more alternatives for getting certain items) and make money less important (make a more heavy emphasis on nodrop/binding/EX items in their games). SE has been moving a little on the first one with ENMs (although they still have so much ground to make up), but unless they put a higher focus on EX items in the game the problem's never going to go away.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    I don't know if that article was supposed to arise any sort of minimal sympathetic feelings towards gilsellers, but it certainly did NOT for me. I fucking hate those scum bags, and know that I know that they're working for less than 1/10th of minimum fucking wage in Canada makes me irate (no, not that they should be getting more, but that they somehow find it in them to collect the money one can get in no time at all and continue to do that, ruining the experience for everyone). I almost want to go and break every computer they have set up and watch their family starve to death. Yes, you heard me... I'd watch. It was even mentioned that one bastard traded his damn wedding ring for WoW gold. Nothing more than dirt on the ground to me.
    Hehehehhe

I'm with you on this one bud. Here's a crowbar, let's smash their skulls after we smash their PC's.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fuck in-game money, create a trade or barter system.

Hongmao>> Hello Zan
    Zan>> Hello
    Hongmao>> Do you need Amemit Skin?
    Zan>> I have 12 Melon Pies, (Trade)?
    Hongmao>> ; ;

... or something to that extent.

looks like one friggin sweet LAN party to me!!!!!!11

Old Merits
    BG Level

lmao

O_O 60k a month playing games 12 hours a day......shit during holidays i do more than 12 hours a day, i should be a millionaire by now lol

why don't the idiots getting paid 56 cents an hour do this shit on their own and keep all the profit

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Keyword you looking for is "idiots".

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Fuck in-game money, create a trade or barter system.

Hongmao>> Hello Zan
    Zan>> Hello
    Hongmao>> Do you need Amemit Skin?
    Zan>> I have 12 Melon Pies, (Trade)?
    Hongmao>> ; ;

... or something to that extent.
    Great idea, but then SOMETHING or some item that is farmable would be the medium for trade. Take for example, Diablo II and the infamous Stone of Jordan..........

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    why don't the idiots getting paid 56 cents an hour do this shit on their own and keep all the profit
    Maybe they are too broke to afford a computer, account, internet, etc on they're own.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I'll give you 100 SOJs for a speed belt. I swear they're legit.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Aaahhaha! SOJs.. oh the nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by 2D
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Maybe they are too broke to afford a computer, account, internet, etc on they're own.
    well then they can work for their 56 cents an hour until they can afford those things and then they can BANK

18. 2005-07-08 11:01

DAMNIT! I was gonna post that! >_<

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Clearly enough, you all seem to undrstand why they couldn't do that.