Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windower 3.2 Released     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Windower 3.2 Released

Windower 3.2. Yay. This fixes the SE patch problems, and adds a ton of new features.

Within Windower, new features include alt/ctrl key modifiers for key binds, wait/pause within scripts and binds, console command aliases, working multi instancing, and a plugin system for greatly expanding both Windower and Final Fantasy. The launcher has been cleaned up significantly, and now has an associated launcher.ini file that lets you specify things such as which version of FFXI to load, the resolution, whether to use "true fullscreen" mode, and some other functions. The launcher also accepts via the commandline an alternate ini file to use, in case you want to create a batch file for loading say, the JP version at 1024x768.

Included with Windower 3.2 are a couple plugins I've written, TParty, and BloodPace. TParty shows the TP and MP of everyone in your party and alliance. It also displays ability/spell timers based on your job/subjob, however this functionality is temporarily disabled due to the update, and soon I'll release a version with the timers enabled. Bloodpace is a plugin for summoners which displays the amount of time left until you can use a blood pact ability (regardless of whether an avatar is out).

The plugin API and sample plugins will come soon, but probably after I take a nap. Tomorrow at the latest. This will include a sample plugin source, documentation, as well as the source to BloodPace. I hope that with this release of Windower some really cool plugins and functionality will be developed.

Lastly, Windower's JPG/PNG support is written but temporarily disabled due to last minute licensing issues. An update with this enabled should be released soon. Also, we have plenty of bandwidth, but thanks for all the offers to mirror. I'd prefer WIndower to only be distributed from this server for security reasons.

Edit: There was a slight problem with TParty. If your target HP % display is messed up, redownload Windower 3.2, a fixed TParty is now there. Also, note that you need the new version of FFXiMain.dll for the plugins to function.

This is sexy!

ffxi.archbell.com

8)

omgz so 1 minute and 38 seconds ago

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow, anyone on PS2 or playing retail fullscreen is now gimped. TP knowledge ftw? I hear there's a UtsuTAB shadow counter coming out too~

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I want a plugin that tells me how much TP the mob I'm fighting has so I can Lori it ftw.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Included with Windower 3.2 are a couple plugins I've written, TParty, and BloodPace. TParty shows the TP and MP of everyone in your party and alliance. It also displays ability/spell timers based on your job/subjob, however this functionality is temporarily disabled due to the update, and soon I'll release a version with the timers enabled. Bloodpace is a plugin for summoners which displays the amount of time left until you can use a blood pact ability (regardless of whether an avatar is out)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

None of the included plugins count shadows, but it's possible to do... althrough tricky. There's no place in memory that contains the number of shadows left, so the only way to do it would be to parse the chat log.

Being able to see your party's TP, though, is freaking awesome. Another unmentioned benefit is that it shows the hp% of your current target next to the HP bar.

If you download the new windower, remember to use the new ffximain.dll/ffxi.dll, not the ones from before the patch. They won't work.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If you download the new windower, remember to use the new ffximain.dll/ffxi.dll, not the ones from before the patch. They won't work.
    Call me stupid, but where do I download the new ffximain.dll/ffxi.dll. I replaced the files and want get them back, where can I?

I've hard a hard time locating them. Thnx for the help. Windower 3.2 looks cool^^

Akiro

I am having a little trouble with it, i did everything it said but when i run it a error will pop up and close it,

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I didn't change anything and it worked just fine for me.

Akiro

hmm i am back to using the old version, but yet i still cant get it to run right, when 1st tryed i put it in the same file as i had the old 3.0 version and just said yes to all for it to over ride all the files that were in the old one replacing them with the new.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

JP must have had it for awhile ;\

http://www.vgnetwork.com/plyrimages/3700/3.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Of course they did. That's what they spend all of their time doing, things like that. Losers in game and in life.

Of course, not all of them. Just... most.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Cohibu
    JP must have had it for awhile ;\
    That's from one of the beta versions of this windower. One of the developers posted that screenshot, and everyone flocked to the site asking OMFG WHERE CAN I GET THAT WINDOWAR!!!1?

Then we waited for about three months, and it's finally been released.

That percent bar right next to the mobs name is nice. Too bad it's going to ruin the fun of guessing what percent it is.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

hahahaha like at every tiamat we do "what % is it now guys? our add team is bored because nothing is up :l" "20%, 50%, 5%" ":l"

I liked Quicklet's Idea the best.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Erm.

This update... scheduled maintenance... forced update.

Another windower killer, methinks. No?

Akiro

thats the 1st think i thought when i saw it

Old Merits
    BG Level

Woohoo, looks like the update doesn't break windower.