Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Things to Camp (Right Forum this time.)

I was wondering... what are some good things to camp, that drop items worth something, not for use, prior to level 30? I'm getting bored with just levelling and I want to experience camping once, for the hell of it.

Sorry about the wrong forum before.

Danke schun.

mm, There's the leaping lizzys the jaggedy earred jacks, the silk mist cape NM in windurst, Sepopard Ishtar!

Most of those are money NMs, and good items overall to use/sell. Also, outside of camping, there's BC20, and Garrison 20-30.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Mer...

I don't know much of those. I'm new to the game, I have, out of those, done one garrison 20 but wasn't too thrilled with the way everyone worked. We did shitty and get 5 drops on two times, combined. I managed to get one drop though, so I'm aight

What is BC20?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Anything worth camping below level 30 will probably be camped by gilsellers all day. But if you just want to go experience the feeling of camping an NM (I wouldn't recommend it) then here are some options:

Spiny Spipi (E. Saruta)
    Tom Tit Tat (W. Saruta)
    Monster Signa NM (Giddeus)
    Stinging Sophie (N. Gusta)
    Leaping Lizzy (S. Gusta)
    Jaggity Eared Jack (W. Ronfaure)
    Bigmouth Billy (E. Ronfaure)
    various other low level NMs in Ghelsba, KRT, Horutoto

While they're all money, the most valuable ones are monster signa, leaping lizzy, and jaggity eared jack but they're always going to be camped.

If I were you I would just do quests and BCs for money. There are some quest rewards that are worth nice items, especially some of the spells that you can only get through quests. BC20 and BC30 can be good too since you can get mannequin parts or astral rings from them, and as long as you can win the BC it'll be a lot more reliable than camping all that low level shit.

What is BC20?
    Trade 20 Beastman's Seals to a guy in Port Jeuno to get an orb that lets you battle NMs for drops in various areas. You're not always guaranteed good drops but it's a good way to make money and you'll never have to worry about a lot of the petty stuff that happens regarding NMs. Oh yeah, BC20 is level capped at 20 just like BC30 would be level capped at 30.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hm, I think I have 40 beastman's seals. I'll think about that...

Also, I walked right past bigmouth Billy one day, he was unclaimed and stuff. Wonder if I should have killed it?

Akiro

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=8

the gold ore it drops goes for 20k and sells rather fast

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Spiny Spipi (E. Saruta)
    Tom Tit Tat (W. Saruta)
    Monster Signa NM (Giddeus)
    Stinging Sophie (N. Gusta)
    Leaping Lizzy (S. Gusta)
    Jaggity Eared Jack (W. Ronfaure)
    Bigmouth Billy (E. Ronfaure)
    various other low level NMs in Ghelsba, KRT, Horutoto
    Ooooooh man i camped all of those except sophie lol, i cried the day put my mist silk cape up for sale, i loved that thing to death

I killed that NM when i was like a lvl 14 whm or something, when i farmed little spools of silk for monies, and NPC'ed fire crystals with what little gil i could get for them. My first NM, my first drop, my first taste of unneccessary but so necessary mnd! That cape is the sole reason im a mnd whore today :D :D :D

New Merits
    BG Level

Somepage just put together a great NM hunting guide. It'll give you some of the basics on how camping works, as well as a full list of NMs with spawn locations, conditions, and drops.

Here you go:
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/nm.php

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dont understand why people just point at a NM list and expect them to just figure it out. Those things dont say how often they drop, or if they're super camped etc. I understand people not wanting to give out their money NMs but you cant expect someone, especially a new player to just know everything. Also the lvl of NMs is important since they're generally harder, especially for some jobs (blm sucks for farming in the lower levels).

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I dont understand why people just point at a NM list and expect them to just figure it out. Those things dont say how often they drop, or if they're super camped etc. I understand people not wanting to give out their money NMs but you cant expect someone, especially a new player to just know everything. Also the lvl of NMs is important since they're generally harder, especially for some jobs (blm sucks for farming in the lower levels).
    so why dont you help him out then?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't camp NMs. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    mm, There's the leaping lizzys the jaggedy earred jacks, the silk mist cape NM in windurst, Sepopard Ishtar!

Most of those are money NMs, and good items overall to use/sell. Also, outside of camping, there's BC20, and Garrison 20-30.
    I killed Spiny Spipi while solo leveling my WAR last night No drop, but I did get silk thread which I'm <3'ing right now. 52 Clothcraft -.- Like a .1 or .2 away from 53 @.x Then I get to try out my new experiment to get to 56 to avoid some Green Ribbon stages :D