Thread: it has begun ...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

it has begun ...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Heh. "Players have requested we take stronger stance against ALL third PT software" Yeah I'm sure people object to using a useful tool like Windower. It's the BOTS, you fucking idiots, that we are concerned about.

Interesting. How was this person found out?

Unless he was retarded and shouted "NEW WINDOWER ROX" in LJ or maybe called a GM saying, again, "NEW WINDOWER ROX."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I think this is good personally...

If it means that i cant use a windower now, but 3rd software will be stopped.... fine then do it.

But it's not just PC users that can bot or cheat.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Something new to email Square-Enix about. Tell them there are bigger fish to fry in this rapidly growing messed up game. I think the claiming of NMs or the instant teleporting to different areas is more a threat then being able to play on a minimized screen allowing access to other programs (Microsoft Word when I do my screenwriting, Firefox to look up mysterytour, forums like BG or Alla, etc. and even that's like looking up a game guide isn't it?)

If SE disagrees with this, then...

http://www.alexburg.com/kujatapics/funny/3.jpg

Learn to get your priorities straight.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually I was thinking of mailing them a picture of Ondori's mangina.

nice ss Zaris, lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

tell the GMs that the program needs to be window-able... but to cut out all the ACTools and other shit... honestly... this is the only way to do it....

not saying that SE is right for doing it... but, only way to stop all the BS from happening.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I think it's possible to remain undetected if one does not talk about it. I'm sure now even the slightest mention is grounds for termination it seems.

Yet somehow the slightest admittance of RMT is not....

Big Brother is watching you.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

As long as they follow up this stronger stance against bots and gilfarmers I wouldn't care. But yeah, just a normal windowed mode is something that they should make (and it's inevitable, see EQ1).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yea that's definately gay

Xavier

I can see a funny situation now where a guy is talking in his ls;

"It was so fun last night voke botting fafnir and mpking the gilsellers, who I rmted from, watching the fight with spiders.." nothing

"and when I died I wasn't really bored because I just alt-tabbed" banned

Relic Shield
    BG Level

This is such bullshit...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

it seems SE puts more effort in hunting down and punishing legitimately paying customers than they do chinese RMTers that farm/mpk popular NMs 24 hours a day.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'm just very curious in how they detect we are using the windower. If they scan our system, that breaches our privacy and we can take legal actions on that. They can't be sending tells and seeing if we reply (ppl fucking go afk). So far, I'm just guessing they are just running a search on chat channels.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Just Thought I'd Relay this so it doesnt happen to any of you. I'm Octavious of Cait Sith ( http://wwwoctavious.piczo.com ) and my good friend Gencam(Co-leader of Crusade, Leading NA Dynamis LS on Cait Sith http://www.crusadels.com ) posted this on our forums and told me to tell as many as I could...so....here is good ^^
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Posted By Gencam 07-2005-07
    ----------------------------------
    Recently, I have had major issues with my home computer, and I won't be on FFXI for a while it seems until I get it all fixed up. Not sure yet when it will be totally fixed, but as of now, it looks rather ugly and it seems I'm going to have to format the whole drive and re-install the OS from scratch.

What's this mean? Well...everything I had on our recruitment and such will be deleted and I'm gonna have to go through the GRUELING 8 hours+ of work re-installing FFXI/POL soon ><

Also, a quick warning to anybody using either of the following 2 programs: Windower (version 3.2), FFXI uninstall

These 2 programs have major issues from what I've seen debugging them both. I would suggest any of you guys using windower to stop immediately, as it has a leak in it that can cause some of your important system files to be moved (not sure if this is a virus or not, as it is currently being deleted off my system due to reformatting). FFXI uninstall, on the other hand, is INSANELY bad. DO NOT USE IT AT ANY TIME. I am not sure if it is simply my version of it, but when I went to uninstall FFXI due to "issues" with the latest "update," I found that it deleted a few very necessary files from my Windows/System32 directory, which might be the cause of all my current problems.

All in all, I get to spend the next day or 2 fixing this stupid crap...ugh, hopefully I'll be back in time to join you guys in Dynamis on Sunday, but if not, at least ya know why.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, any feedback to help my friend or anyone I encounter with this problem would be appreciated, I've deleted windower already I am not letting my PC get screwed over till this cools down, lol. Squeenix is po'd it seems...

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex
    I'm just very curious in how they detect we are using the windower. If they scan our system, that breaches our privacy and we can take legal actions on that. They can't be sending tells and seeing if we reply (ppl fucking go afk). So far, I'm just guessing they are just running a search on chat channels.
    It wouldn't that hard to figure out if you wanna devote the programming resources to it (which I guess they have).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It just is beyond me how Square can not listen to their customers at all and then the one time they try they do exactly what they should not be doing. The company has some major priority issues and eventually it is going to cause FFXI to die and they will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    It just is beyond me how Square can not listen to their customers at all and then the one time they try they do exactly what they should not be doing. The company has some major priority issues and eventually it is going to cause FFXI to die and they will have nobody to blame but themselves.
    What are you talking about?! We can exp chain in capped areas now!