Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fafnir > Nidhogg     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fafnir > Nidhogg

i personally think Fafnir is harder than Nidhogg.... spam of hurricane wing is worst than Nidhogg's stupid mighty strikes. i dont know but most ppl who fight em that ive talked to say Faffy is tougher. so u shud switch the points between em >.>

Nin > Nidhogg

Nidhogg harder with pld tanks, but paladins are so 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02
    Nin > Nidhogg

Nidhogg harder with pld tanks, but paladins are so 2004.
    Until the nerf anyway @.x

if we look it from this point: mighty strikes will just damage the tank a lil more, but who cares, mages will keep him up. hurricane wing... AoE, requires Stoneskin to prevent it to mess up the ally a lil, so after it theres stoneskin recast and such, more time casting, and possibility of mages dying and therefore melee dying.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

depends, sometimes fafnir feels like tiamat and sometimes he's just fafnir. He can spawn really pissed off and give you a hard time or he can go down quietly.

he hates galkas ; ; everytime i fight him hes pissed off >.<

It all depends on your setup in your alliance.

A full BLM PT, a Tank PT, and 2 SAM, 2 THF, BRD, WHM PT owns either of the two. Especially Nidhogg since his HP is so much lower than Fafnir. But Fafnir also gets owned with this setup.

In my own experience I would have to agree that Fafnir is usually harder than Nidhogg.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

It all depends on the lvl of the pop. If you think all Fafnir's / Nidhogg's are the same lvl, well. Anyways if your LS is skilled you should never have any problems with any of these two.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Fafnir and Nidhogg always spawn at the same level...

Nidhogg is stronger than Fafnir stats-wise, though not really by much... but just because you get a lucky Nidhogg that doesn't wing much vs an unlucky Fafnir that wings a lot doesn't mean Fafnir is harder than Nidhogg. All it means is that you got lucky with WS selection that fight.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

No, like any mob Fafnir / Nidhogg has a level range.

No, like any mob Fafnir / Nidhogg has a level range.
    Some NM`s don`t have a level range.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Well, ever wondered why Fafnir / Nidhogg *is* harder / easier from pop to pop? I'm not talking it's wing spam now, i'm talking it's melee damage. You can notice a difference in around 50~100 more melee damage, Also wing damage is higher / lower from pop to pop.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not all Mobs vary in level, Cop Wyrms are constant at their level (95 I think), always 112 xp to a Lv75 in a full alliance. Nidhogg has always been 80xp and Kirin has always been 100xp, just a few examples I can think of. The lesser Gods do vary; easily observed in the exp received by a fixed level in an allianced with a fixed number of people. I also think Tzee Xicu, Overlord Bagkodek, and Za'Dha Adamantking never vary in level--and I know for a fact their lesser spawns do not, always Lv75, always 100xp when I've soloed them. Tonberry Pontifex is always Lv75, as well.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by derzoll
    Well, ever wondered why Fafnir / Nidhogg *is* harder / easier from pop to pop? I'm not talking it's wing spam now, i'm talking it's melee damage. You can notice a difference in around 50~100 more melee damage, Also wing damage is higher / lower from pop to pop.
    You're probably imagining it, there's no proof that Fafnir / Nidhogg varies in stats (they already have weak stats to begin with compared to gods and Kirin), but the only thing that really makes a difference is frequency and type of WSes. You can essentially consider them both the same difficulty with Nidhogg being slightly stronger.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'm not saying Mysterytour is right, since the information on Nidhogg is wrong there. But if you look on Fafnir it's lvl varies. Which also is stated on other various JP FFXI info sites. I have about 100 Fafnir kills, so iono, i should know about the damage it does and how it varies.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Any fight seems easier the more you do it.

Every server is different: on my server, my LS has claimed fafnir all of FOUR times. Its not a matter of being non-decicated or any of that crap. NA cant beat the JP bots on my server, it just doesnt happen. And when you know you cant win, you dont camp.

Having said that, for us, Fafnir is still a challenge. Maybe for other people here who blow a few JP's to pull for them, who get all the Kings, that they got Hrotti's and Ridill's coming out of their ass... for you "OMG FAFNIR IS SO EASY LOLOLOL"... yes, for you, you have god knows how much experience fighting it. For the people who dont have the latest packet bot, for the people who dont blow a few JP's to pull for them, for the people who arent on a server where the JP's are the minority... Fafnir is still a challenge.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Derz.. I never said Fafnir doesn't vary in level, just that not all mobs do. Nidhogg does not; but your Fafnir damage variation needs not be explained by mob levels. There's far too many other variables.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

"OMG FAFNIR IS SO EASY LOLOLOL"
    Did i say this.. ?

It sure is a challenge, but you're right, practice makes perfect.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I have never seen a Fafnir kill that gives any more or less than 80 experience to full alliance at LV75, so unless I see it then almost definitively you can conclude that Fafnir's level is always the same.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Any fight seems easier the more you do it.

Every server is different: on my server, my LS has claimed fafnir all of FOUR times. Its not a matter of being non-decicated or any of that crap. NA cant beat the JP bots on my server, it just doesnt happen. And when you know you cant win, you dont camp.

Having said that, for us, Fafnir is still a challenge. Maybe for other people here who blow a few JP's to pull for them, who get all the Kings, that they got Hrotti's and Ridill's coming out of their ass... for you "OMG FAFNIR IS SO EASY LOLOLOL"... yes, for you, you have god knows how much experience fighting it. For the people who dont have the latest packet bot, for the people who dont blow a few JP's to pull for them, for the people who arent on a server where the JP's are the minority... Fafnir is still a challenge.
    How the hell do you get 4 pulls if "You can't beat JP botters?"
    Quit being a racist asshole and man up. Not all of them bot or packet sniff. In fact, the majority of them do not. It is just a few of them, just like the NAs.