BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    doubt it, it sounds more like an NPC that will give you character stats like when you were born and stuff like that.
    Ugh... they should have done that shit before I calculated back to see when I made my char.

Made it on Firesday, some odd 300 games years back (Somewhere around 634). Whatever that means.

I think this whole fortune business might be just similar to that partner-fortune-compatability crap that's already in-game.

Also, why does SE keep insisting on putting emphasis on Elements/Moon cycles/Days when it comes to everything in this game. From players point of view it's hard to prove, and from SE's end they never gonna say it's true 100%. I swear SE are a bunch of sadistic bastards.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I swear SE are a bunch of sadistic bastards.
    that and/or they are Japanese ...

http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher64.html

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why are people saying this change is so good? Are you really THAT lazy that you can't go to Selbina or where ever to change your damn title? This update blows shit and I could honestly care less if I see "XXXXX changed his/her title!" in /say. I didn't say anything in the NPC-companion preview thread (because everyone was bashing it), but I thought it was pretty cool. This is garbage... it doesn't effect the gameplay at all. Sure, a free title change can be a good thing, but what does it cost? Like 1200 max? I know all of you have much much more than that.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's good because you can't read?

you know that in the current system you pay before you know which title you can change to.

now you see the list before you pay, how is that not good?

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    it's good because you can't read?

you know that in the current system you pay before you know which title you can change to.

now you see the list before you pay, how is that not good?
    I've only wanted to change my title once, and when I did it, I was given three price options. I had no idea which one held the title I wanted to change to (it was Kirin Captivator), so I just picked the most expensive one. That one held all the titles of the HNMs that I had been involved in killing, so I assume that the last option you holds just that.

And really, does it make that big of a difference? I think we've been desensitized by the really bad updates as of late. Something comes around that remotely peaks our interest and we jump all over it like Nidhogg turning into a 2hr pop.

Black Belt
    BG Level

no one said it's some great, magnificent, revolutionary change that changes the way we play the game.

but that doesn't mean it can't be a positive minor change.

and other people do change their titles pretty often, just because you don't don't assume no one else does either.

and i would do it a lot more after this change.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As sendoh said, this is one of those minor changes that is nice to have. I change my title alot cause of stupid quests that change it to something done. The problem is that there are only so many titles in each price bracket, and so after paying 1.6k theres a chance of the title randomly not being there so you have to cancel and pay again. I know this isnt anything super important/expensive but its still kinda nice.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Like that time you spammed LS chat with: "I want Roc Star title back" in OmgOmgOrz LS. :wink:

WOOOOOOOT MORE USELESS UPDATES. SE FTW

i'm sure saving me 2k to find a title is worth it, i mean really its 2k man i can uh i can YES i can buy 2 stacks of earth crystals and resell at 500 gil each with jeuno tax sysem i'll make 3k proft?

Meh, I'm holding onto a glimmer of hope that this update will hold new, good end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious
    Nothing beats the Woodworking gloves title, "Wood Worshiper" >.>
    Professional Loafer.

<3 that title

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

I think not, minstrel, go to hell.

sweet i can't wait to get Paragon of Dragoon Excellence back