+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Effortless Title Selection and more! - 7/13/2005

New Character Title Selection System
    -Currently, when using the services of an NPC bard to change your title, you must pay gil to receive a list of earned titles that you can select from. However, in the next version update, you may see your list of titles without paying. It will still cost gil to change your title, but the price will be lowered.

-After altering your character's title, the surrounding adventurers will be notified by a /say message announcing the change.

-Players will now have the option to have one of their titles selected randomly for free once each day (Earth time).

New NPC Fortuneteller
    -A new NPC will tell the player's fortune regarding character titles and other "elements."

Keep checking this site for the newest information regarding the version update in mid-July!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Budd Lite
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Very cool...

But why does everyone have to be notified that you changed your title? Seems a bit pointless to me.

But I DO like the fact that you can browse the titles without paying now, and get a free title change once a day (even though it's random..).

How about maybe something like, new ways to get Abj.s, rather than something completely useless?

Stop whining and amuse yourself for hours by changing your title! First one is free!

Best. Update. Ever.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Nothing beats the Woodworking gloves title, "Wood Worshiper" >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level

definitely a good change, but doesn't really warrant a front page message for something so minor.

you whiners are lame.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

ya would rather see Monsters no longer go unclaimed, call for help is disabled and more!

i think the reason for whining is that due to the nature of the updates - 90% of the update being the stuff they preview. this is all we get and there's probably not but 1 more preview left, as well as absolutely nothing else exciting from the past month of previews. if there's 10 previews then it's a safe assumption that this is about 10% of the update, and that is fucking unacceptable. dajjjw9juewaodihjwaondiwd rofl@how dumb square is

Quote Originally Posted by hammy
    ya would rather see Monsters no longer go unclaimed, call for help is disabled and more!
    person 1 (level40) -> /party Shit i aggro'd a level 60 mob
    person 2 -> /party np lets CFH those level 75's might help
    D E A TH
    whole party -> "Which fcuktard got SE to disable CFH?"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

maybe he meant when someone say, provokes KB and CFH's for shits and giggles, i've eard some ppl do that >.>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

causes more problems both accidental and malicious than it solves ;3

of course if they were sensible just not let u call for help on nm's

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by hammy
    causes more problems than it solves ;3

of course if they were sensible just not let u call for help on nm's
    Very Good Idea, ^^ CFH Disabled on NM's sounds like it would solve the problem. props

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    i think the reason for whining is that due to the nature of the updates - 90% of the update being the stuff they preview. this is all we get and there's probably not but 1 more preview left, as well as absolutely nothing else exciting from the past month of previews. if there's 10 previews then it's a safe assumption that this is about 10% of the update, and that is fucking unacceptable. dajjjw9juewaodihjwaondiwd rofl@how dumb square is
    perhaps but it's not like they would have done anything good if they didn't do this.

they choose to not do some of the things people are asking for, not they don't have time/resources to do them because they spend it doing minor things.

there's no reason to bash a minor change that is good.

i said the NM CFH thing like 6 months ago. it's so simple yet they don't want to do it. Impossible to Gauge = can't call for help.

how bout they just disable cfh on hnms. theres no reason to allow it in the first place. no one can argue that.

(and before i post i realized most ppl r gonna go "calling for help on gods during kirin" - kirin is a 24 person fight. if you cant do it with 24 people find a different game.)

edit: while i was typing the beautiful note you see above, someone posted 'disable call for help on nms' which made me look like a biter. ihydiaf.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I will continue trying to delude myself into thinking that this patch is not going to suck by focusing on something that I found interesting in today's update.

New NPC Fortuneteller
    -A new NPC will tell the player's fortune regarding character titles and other "elements."
    What I find interesting is "elements". Does this mean that the new NPC will be able to tell you something along the lines that today is a good day for you to work with fire crystals? If so, that would be utterly fantastic for crafting, skilling up and high quality.

(Of course there is no way that Square would do something that cool, but I will continue to delude myself so that when the patch comes and none of the cool things that I hoped for come to pass, I will be able to wallow in a deep pool of cynicism and resentment.)

Black Belt
    BG Level

doubt it, it sounds more like an NPC that will give you character stats like when you were born and stuff like that.

the whole concept of this system is retarded imo. why get titles from doing quests and missions at all? its to show what you've done recently, not what your favorite title is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    the whole concept of this system is retarded imo. why get titles from doing quests and missions at all? its to show what you've done recently, not what your favorite title is.
    Because I love the "Looks sublime in a subligar" title.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    if that was true, you wouldn't get repeat titles.

the purpose of a title is to show off any accomplishment, not just the last thing you did.