Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    smn does need to be nerfed, i mean shit. Summon carby, sic on VT mob, run away. rinse repeat untill mob dies, especially pisses me off when they do it to NMs.

SMN shan't be nerfed, it's too hard to lvl as a good SMN. And not be lost to be a cure tank and actually use party buff. So let us enjoy endgame SMN. It accounts for all the endless healing and frustration for not being able to save a party memeber or raise 3 because we're a gimped WHM at times.

Claiming System
    One of two alternate claim systems should be introduced to reduce or eliminate the importance of good ping / bot-spam technology in claiming highly contested NMs.

1) When a NM spawns, it should be targetable but not claimable for a random amount of time between 1-2 seconds. Since the target legality check is made on the server, you may target the monster and attempt to claim it, and the resolution of this action will happen on the server. This will greatly reduce the importance of ping, as even with a high ping (300-400ms) you could send a claiming action to the server when the monster was unclaimable on your screen, and have the server process the action right after it sets the monster as claimable. As it is currently, since you cannot send claiming actions before you can target the monster, those who can target the monster first (ie, those with low pings) have an advantage. This would not deal with 3rd-party spam technology, but would lessen the impact of ping.

2) When a NM spawns, for a period of a few seconds no claiming action should cause the claim to occur. Instead, each one "casts lot" on the monster much like you would for an item in the treasure pool. Each person can have a maximum of one lot, and this number should not be revealed to the players. After the lotting period elapses, the alliance with the highest single lot is given claim, and all hate from the NM to people outside the alliance is removed. This would both deal with 3rd-party spam technology, and would pretty much eliminate the impact of ping.

Secondly, changes to the claim retention system desperately need to be made. I propose that if claim on a monster would ever be lost, instead start a 10 second timer. If no claiming actions are performed on the monster in that time, it will go unclaimed. This will prevent things like "out of range" or "player with hate dies" or "beastmaster attempts charm" allowing players to steal claim and grief.

Monster-specific changes
    Fafnir/Nidhogg's Spike Flail should only afflict people in the alliance of the person that provoked the flail. This would diffuse flail mpk attempts. It would also make the CoP Wyrms like Tiamat easier but I'm sure SE could adjust for that.

KS/BCNMs should be added (or current ones adjusted) to drop Abjurations. The KS99 drop rate for Black Belt items should be 100%.

ENMs should be added that are enterable only every so often, and take a key item like Ouryu, that are similar to the ground King fights. They should drop Abjurations.

A new set of abjurations should be designed

Crafting Changes
    More level 100 recipes need to be added, particularly to Clothcraft.

There should be some way to determine the actual numerical value of subcrafts. Make it difficult, maybe, but make it possible.

More effort should be made to integrate CoP materials into the crafting system. Whereas Zilart materials like Orichalcum, Adaman, Rainbow, etc are well integrated in the higher end of the crafting system (which was entirely added after Zilart) things like scarlet linen, bloodthread, moblinthread, aluminum, bugard skin and generally the whole host of CoP materials have only 1 or 2 recipes, making the markets around them pretty small and dull.

More crafts should be added using the existing crafting key items.

Recipes should be added to craft the gobbiebag 6 items.

Item Changes
    Lv70 JSE for the remaining jobs should be added. At least one set of JSE should be craftable by each tradeskill, with the exception of cooking.

Alternate monsters need to be added that drop Kunwu Ore, Cashmere Thread, and other hard-to-obtain CoP materials. Might I suggest Sea Gods?

A new set of Abjured items should be created, dropping from poppable Sea gods. New god equipment items for classes that get gipped in sky would be nice too.

Dynamis Changes
    Dynamis re-entry time should be changed. I suggest allowing 3 seperate Dynamis entries per conquest period, instead of a 72 hour recast. If that is technologically infeasible, dropping the recast to 24-36 hours would be preferrable.

More synthesis items should drop in dynamis. The frequency of 100-piece currency drops should be increased slightly; perhaps guarantee one from the Mega Boss of each area.

New dynamis areas such as Dynamis-Grotto and Dynamis-Quicksands should be added. They could drop the same AF2 as other areas, just in a different assortment. Perhaps increase the currency/af2 drop rate slightly because they are "side" areas for the Dynamis storyline. However, retain at least one AF2 piece for each job as unique to one of the 4 main cities so as to not make them entirely obsolete once the key items are obtained.

Weight dynamis AF2 drops with respect to the job ratios present in the zone. Maybe not fully, but if (for example) it's 80% BLM and 20% BRD, a 60:40 split would be nice.

Hmmm, lots of ideas still floating around in my head....

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I see that aurik must think like me. I see a few similar ideas we both had that he posted in the time I was typing mine up. Anyway, I'll post my list up with some overlap to his.

HNMs
    Change the claiming system such that maybe the mob pops green and anyone can put a claim on it in those 3 seconds. Once the 3 seconds are up, randomly assign the NM to one of the people that put a claim on it. This would minimize the effects of botting and the latency issues between JP and NA that square refuses to admit.

Make BC99s drop abjurations of the corresponding king (turtle—wyrmal body, aquarian body, wyrm---Koenig Body, Aquarian Body, Earthen Body, Behemoth—Wyrmal Head, Earthen legs) 99 seals take a long time to get so it wouldn’t be easy for linkshells to abuse these. Don’t make us people on Bahamut bring out the offensive statistics on how few of the 3-king drops NAs on this server have.

Make BC99s pool-able in terms of the seals being used. It would be nice to see it so that each of the 18 members put in 6 seals. (some 5 since it doesn’t come out even) This makes it more of a team contribution rather than 1 person put 99 of their seals on the line. This also helps because the pop items are kindred seals that drop off ANY EP or above enemy past level 50. This would prevent gil-sellers from monopolizing pop items.

If the pool-able idea makes it so too many do BCs too fast, put some ENM-like time restriction on them such as 2 weeks.

Make high level NMs such as Kirin, the 4 gods, and the 3 kings into BC-styles. This prevents drama in regards to stealing/MPKing.

Leveling
    Make it so any job can get say 2k/hour soloing at any level. This still leaves motivation to party since 2k/hr in most parties would be unacceptable to most standards. But, it gives people something to do while seeking for a party.

Make more versatility in party configurations. Make it so warriors can tank efficiently 40-74 so there is less of a waiting game to get a pld or nin w/o needing to stack slow, elegy, march, haste. This could be done by giving them a higher defense or a better evasion. (but not that of a pld or ninja) Give mages a nerfed refresh spell such as 1mp/tick so there is less waiting around for a red mage or bard.

For the love of god, balance jobs better. Do we have to explain how unbalanced dragoon is right now?

Balance out enemies better. Everyone camps goblins and dhamels in Bibiki Bay for a reason. There is a reason why you don’t see a Marlboro, tonberry, or hecteye party.

Fix existing areas with either faster respawn times or make other areas that have potential actually campable. I can see Ve’Lugannon actually being decent XP 69-73 or so on enkidus. Nobody does right now because every camp spot has a detector spawning on top of it.

General:
    Add more storage space.

Make stealing NMs against TOS.

Combat gil selling by making more valuable items rare/ex.

Make more content that requires 18 members or so and less content that requires 40-50+ members. You shouldn’t have to recruit 100 people to a linkshell in order to get it so you can get 40 for an event. This also creates problems where people feel forced to come to everything or they end up letting the linkshell down. I know there are some linkshells that mass-recruit and probably stand in boyahda tree handing out pearls to anyone that dings 65, but most linkshells like to have standards.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_new
    smn does need to be nerfed, i mean shit. Summon carby, sic on VT mob, run away. rinse repeat untill mob dies, especially pisses me off when they do it to NMs.

SMN shan't be nerfed, it's too hard to lvl as a good SMN. And not be lost to be a cure tank and actually use party buff. So let us enjoy endgame SMN. It accounts for all the endless healing and frustration for not being able to save a party memeber or raise 3 because we're a gimped WHM at times.
    lol...

drg ??

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Almost all job can solo T mob and higher if they dont suck. I don't think smn has to be nerfed for that.
    Problem is when you have a ton of smn, it get to a point where it's retarded to kill the strongest monster in game with a bunch of the same job.
    Errm....which jobs exactly can solo T's without burning thru 50k gil per fight or using their 2h ?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Almost all job can solo T mob and higher if they dont suck. I don't think smn has to be nerfed for that.
    Problem is when you have a ton of smn, it get to a point where it's retarded to kill the strongest monster in game with a bunch of the same job.
    Errm....which jobs exactly can solo T's without burning thru 50k gil per fight or using their 2h ?
    Was wondering the same. lol

I know this will hit home with Summoners - not sure if someone posted already (people should know already I don't read 4 pages unless its flaming on me )

Give Avatars the abilities used in Avatar fights !

I can't remember the exact names, but each avatar has several blood pacts that arnt actually usable by the summoner job. Maybe give a solo target 2hour ability for summoner using some of these abilities - Example: Leviathan has this.. great waterfall attack he uses in bc fight.

Increase the amount NPCs will pay for armor and other crafted goods in comparison to their price to craft. I always thought Crafting was in the game to make money, but with the current system and dependency on the player market - you dont really make money unless you 90+ and HQing like mad. Kinda retarded imo.

uhh.. what else......

Remove Tax on bazaar in jeuno - high price items become undesirable to be sold by bazaar due to rediculous tax. i understand its a gil sync, but I avoid buying the items I need from players and tend to go to AH which already has a tax. When a player is using a bazaar they are making a sacrifice much more then the AH IMO.

More versions of high prices items to reduce costs - Good example of work done like this was dobsonfly bandana. Great idea for replacing hairpin on a free basis. I'd like to see a rare/ex strider boots with less movement speed level 40+ be introduced, and other items that are rediculous due to inflation.

Instanced ENM/HNM BATTLES!!!! - this may be hard to grasp so i'll lay it down slow... an area like dynamis where one LS can be inside - and like dynamis it would be an area with its own kind of monsters, and allow a good number of people. It would be like a raid in other games. At the end theres a boss that would be like an HNM. (something like fafnir, etc, that is hard to claim and yields gear important to many players to be able to obtain.) - this would atleast make obtaining these items a bit more fair - they could put it on like.. a 5 day thing, and like dynamis have dif key items for clearing to do other ones - - - -shrug, this is my longshot idea. I really wish the game was like this though.

Give RDM back Cure V (I wish >.>)

Make RDM capable of using the Banish series (even if only I and II), and possibly other Divine Magic spells, or remove Divine Magic entirely from our skill listing. **Unless subbing WHM or PLD, RDM can NOT make use of this skill, period**

Race-specific, and Job-specific Weaponskills, Job Traits, Job Abilities, and possibly Magic. (Obviously the last 3 don't apply to Job-specific).

Raise the cap on RDM Dark Magic, and/or give us at least Stun; we're so fucking nerfed in this [Dark Magic] it's grotesque.

Raise Elemental Magic cap, currently a DRK beats us out in this and they can't even use tier III magic -.-

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Add a beauty salon in Jueno to change PC's hairstyle for a fee of 500k. i'm tired of the same hairstyle on me for 2 year.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

OMG hahaha, I totally support Tengaar on that XD

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    Give Avatars the abilities used in Avatar fights !

I can't remember the exact names, but each avatar has several blood pacts that arnt actually usable by the summoner job. Maybe give a solo target 2hour ability for summoner using some of these abilities - Example: Leviathan has this.. great waterfall attack he uses in bc fight.
    U mean Heaven's strike and the such Right? Terra something is Titan's? I can't seem to remember but I know they are level 80. Because they are not yet available at 75, at least they are 76-80 I would guess. And if so they should be granted to 75 SMN. Since they are magical attacks they can even out Shiva's and Ramuh's weaknesses? Here is the list of the abilities that can be used by avatars during the BC.

Ifrit: Meteo Strike
    Titan: Geo Crash (additional affect: Stun)
    Garuda: Wind Blade
    Ramuh: Thunder Storm
    Shiva: Heaven Strike
    Leviathan: Grand Fall

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Not sure SE will listen.

I like to different corporation penises through a company that actually listens to it's customers.

A perfect example would be Roxxor and Konami

Konami is the corporate penis that only cares about money and sues Roxxor and never takes advice from it's customers.

Roxxor on the other hand have a forum dedicated to helping customers and the main developers even have AIM so you can talk to them personally.

Konami is HUGE

Roxxor is small.

See a difference?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

one more thing, let me upgrade elemental magic skill (or any skill) on any lv 75 job. i'm leveling blm right and want to upgrade my elemental magic but i can't cause i only have rng and thf @ 75

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Oh Tengaar, what you just said reminded me

Changes to Merit Point system.

Each job to reach 75 gets a whole new set of merit "bracket" I have to say goodbye to my enfeebling magic on rdm to lvl elemental on blm? 〇rz

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

Sub nin and find a place to kite around If I can solo EM-T stuff on War, I'm pretty sure any other job can do it. Whm and Brd are probably the worst, but they could always try to DoT something to death.

Meh, I'm not saying any job can do it easily and make it worthwhile, but it's possible to kill EM+ Mob on any job.

Ifrit: Meteo Strike
    Titan: Geo Crash (additional affect: Stun)
    Garuda: Wind Blade
    Ramuh: Thunder Storm
    Shiva: Heaven Strike
    Leviathan: Grand Fall
    exactly.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Claim System
    -Enable players to be able to hold claim on more than 1 monster at a time, no matter how many people in the alliance

I have not read all of them but you was allowed to do this but they did away with it because people would go to low level areas and link a huge train of mobs and they would all be claimed on 1 person etc.

Banned.

BG Level

a

I kinda want them to remove the useless gear and add more useful gear...

Anyway, someone said something about a wishlist, here's mine

Another thing I thought would be cool is offhand TP, you could build TP at a slower rate when using equipment in your sub, so say for instance a WAR is using an Axe and Sword he could do Decimation > (offhand) Savage Blade for solo Light. Offhand WS would be weaker then main hand though.

If someone is using a Shield they could do a Shield skill, like increase blocking percentage but lower parrying/def/something (kinda like how counterstance works) or throw the shield for damage depending on weight/size/def given and maybe a one time 100% block that greatly lowers magic damage done at a single time so PLD/RDM/someone fighting doesn't get owned by that stray spell

mTP, Magic TP, something for BLM/WHM/BRD/SMN maybe DRK and PLD too. After using certain spells you build mTP like a melee would after hitting something, it would be different for each job though;

RDM: mTP by enfeebling/refreshing - at 100% can use a stronger enfeeble (something like pain/plague sor tier II) or refresh(ga)(II)

WHM: mTP by healing/regening - at 100% they can use a stronger heal or same heal with less hate built in, same with regen (stronger)

BLM: mTP by nuking - at 100% nukes becomes stronger but drains HP or gives 2x more enmity or cancels all -enmity from gear/merits)

BRD: mTP by singing - at 100% song duration and potency increase for 2 songs

SMN: mTP by Bloodpacks - at 100% what others suggested for SMN, maybe make BP timers lower or able to use 2 from the current summon

Being realistic though, add more fucking spells and make mages more fun and involving, cause GOD being a mage is boring.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I might be wrong on this...

but arent avatar's BP's stronger if they have TP ?? (yes, avatar's can build TP)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast