Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Where is FFXI broken, and what can be done to fix it?

This thread is intended to be somewhat of a "List of Demands" spelling out what is obnoxiously wrong with this game, and easy balanced ways to fix it. It'll be constantly updated and improved, maybe someday down the road with a rating system or something.

Hopefully it'll get some kind of recognition or response from Square, but I doubt it. The main thing I guess it will accomplish is to show how screwed up this game is in some ways, but how easily it could be fixed. If it gets serious enough we might try to make some kind of petition, ship it to the allakhazam forums that the devs read, or try somehow to bring it directly in front of square.

If you want to add/comment on anything either reply to this thread or send a PM. Issues from other threads and sources will be editted in at our discretion too.

so..

Claim System
    -Enable players to be able to hold claim on more than 1 monster at a time, no matter how many people in the alliance
    -Disable Call for Help on mobs that con "Impossible to Gauge"
    -Add some kind of lock to claim on a mob to prevent random unclaimed incidents
    -Create a system involving randomness, similar to casting lots, that factors out ping, and gives everyone an equal shot at claiming

Dynamis
    -Patch Dynamis to be a true instance, allowing an infinite, or greatly increased number of groups to enter at once
    -Allow groups to obtain relic currency less restrictively. Currently enough currency for level 5 relic takes 67 above average 4 nation dynamis runs to achieve. The 1.5 weapons per year statistic must be addressed.
    -NMs in Dynamis should have higher drop rates than normal mobs.
    -Boss in Dynamis should have higher drop rates than NMs.
    -AF2 drop rate affected by jobs present.

Experience
    -Make high level bats for drgs to exp on
    -Roaming style PTs earlier on, dungeons filled with EP/DC parties that give exp (think moblin style PTs) with a boss that gives lots of exp (enm like exp).
    -Make more mob types off which to exp
    -Make soloing on most jobs a lot more viable at any level (mainly below level 50) at a rate which would be less than a good PT.
    -Fix existing areas with either faster respawn times or make other areas that have potential actually campable. Example: Ve'lugannon Palace Enkidu's would be campable if it weren't for detector pops on top of all of them

GMs & Admin
    -Increase response time to MPK calls, or somehow remove players' ability to MPK.
    -Engage in hardcore investigations to permanently ban gilsllers/RMTers.
    -Make claim stealing against the TOS
    -Do something about the characters played in shifts that camp NMs 24/7. We don't care whether or not they're actually breaking any rules. It's frustrating and demoralizing simply knowing that they're there.
    -Feedback should be a two-way process. It's fine and dandy that we can submit feedback to you guys through POL, talk about it on the Allakhazam suggestions forum, and blah blah blah... but Square-Enix is thought of as a big freaking black hole as far as suggestions are concerned.

HNMs
    -Make new wyrms drop abj
    -Balance current HNMs that have been outdated by the level cap increase (Serket, Roc, Simurgh) by either making them much harder, or adding many new ones to cancel their demand.
    -Change Spike Flail so that it only hits the target alliance
    -Alternate monsters need to be added that drop Kunwu Ore, Cashmere Thread, and other hard-to-obtain CoP materials.
    -Add Abjurations to BC99
    -Add HQ lotto versions of Ocean Sahagin, Antican Consul, and Tonberry Pontifex that drop valuable loot

Inventory
    -NPC Storage for high level armor sets
    -Quiver all arrows, bullets
    -Characters should get larger Mog houses at Rank 6 and Rank 10 since they are heroes to their nations. (Maybe get larger houses when they get Rank 5 and Rank 10 in all nations because of layout issues.)
    -Add weapon storage
    -Allow HQ gear to be stored

Itemization
    -Start combining more stats on endgame gear as opposed to creating items that are useful under narrow conditions and require more inventory space to be used. (Good examples: Igqira Weskit, Dragon Harness, Koenig Cuirass. Bad example of itemization: Dragon Cap).
    -Consider adding +weapon skill to melee AF2 to bring it closer in line with the effectiveness of most tank/mage AF2.
    -Lv70 JSE for the remaining jobs should be added. At least one set of JSE should be craftable by each tradeskill, with the exception of cooking.
    -Combat gil selling by making more valuable items rare/ex.

Meripo
    -Increase the number of total levels you can raise in a job specific category and in the stats category. (If someone wants to spend 1 million exp to get +4 to 4 different stats, they should be able to.)
    -Potential meripo that could be added: Innate Regen, Innate Refresh, Innate Run Speed, Increased Buff Durations, Increased Buff Potency, Decrease Damage Taken, Decrease Magic Damage Taken, Increased Food Duration, Increased Healing MP, Increased Healing HP.
    -Each job to reach 75 gets a whole new set of merit "bracket." Example: a player with RDM and BLM both leveled cannot get the maximum upgrades in both enfeebling and elemental. Enmity changes also drastically affect jobs for which the enmity upgrade wasn't made.

Spells & Abilities
    -Add Plague. Fire-based Black Magic Enfeebling spell- Level 71 RDM. When on a mob, it constantly reduces its TP.
    -Add Slow II, Paralyze II, Gravity II, Raise II for RDMs
    -Add a seal for RDMs
    -Increase the quantity of 'Accuracy Bonus' traits to the Dragoon job.
    -Adjust the 'Accuracy Bonus' trait to the Ranger job to act as ranged attack accuracy only.
    -Add lvl 3 elemental magic spells to DRK, and give them more MP
    -Increase overall damage reduction capability for PLDs.
    -Increase overall hate-gaining capability for PLDs.
    -Increase damage capabilities of all melee jobs and BLMs through new gear, new meripo, etc., to bring them in line with the current endgame difficulty.
    -Provide more methods of raising magical defense (both for specific jobs and for everyone).
    -Make Astral Flow uses instant

Quests
    -More Relic/Epic type items, with multiple-branched quests and NMs to fight. 1+ years of 40+ppl to only get 1 items is absurd.
    -Add more quests like Black Belt and Evoker's Ring

Synthesis
    -Add craft formulas to recharge all enchantment items
    -Add recipes to make potions that temporarily raise resistances to elements/status ailments.
    -There should be some way to determine the actual numerical value of subcrafts. Make it difficult, maybe, but make it possible.
    -More effort should be made to integrate CoP materials (scarlet linen, bloodthread, moblinthread, aluminum, bugard skin) into the crafting system.
    -More crafts should be added using the existing crafting key items.
    -Recipes should be added to craft the gobbiebag 6 items.

Transportation
    -Airship and boat schedules
    -Greens that let chocobos speed up at the expense of riding time
    -Enchantment item that allows you to call a chocobo
    -Make it possible to breed/raise/have own chocobo

Misc/Unsorted
    -Build alt-tab capabilities.
    -Increase the effectiveness of damage reduction when having a high Defense number value.
    -Equate DRG Wyvern breath damage with WS damage.
    -Make it so you DON'T have to go through POL to get onto FFXI.
    -Weapon Skill for expendable Throwing items
    -A+ Staff skill for MNK
    -Martial Arts trait speeds up all 2 handed weapons
    -Piercing, Slashing and Blunt weapons for all types of weapons
    -100 blist spaces is not enough. Make blist like the friend list and block accounts, not single characters on it. And make it apply to all of the content IDs on an account.
    -Add meaningful fulfilling things to do that do not take 3 hours. Example: more solo content to eliminate the time to make a group.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

Slow II, Paralyze II, Gravity II

It's stupid that a ninja's enfeebling spell can overwrite a red mages.

Also a certain Seal specifically for red mages.

Once claimed, a monster should never go unclaimed until everyone in an alliance fighting it is KO'd or zoned the area.
    - In response to this type of change, if I player character is a certain distance (like the other side of the zone) and is in the alliance fighting the Notorious Monster, they should instantly be drawn to it.
    - The reason for that is so characters just won't claim an NM with someone in their party by the zone and keep the monster claimed while not fighting it (holding).

- Also all current HNM and all Sky NM's should double in difficulty and be at a higher level. This would prevent mediocre HNMs such as Serket, Cassie, Roc, Simurg and others being overly camped by Gilsellers (atleast for awhile).
    - Also ZM BCNMs should all be capped at certain levels to increase its difficulty.

Black Belt
    BG Level

NMs in Dynamis should have higher drop rates than normal mobs.
    Boss in Dynamis should have higher drop rates than NMs.
    AF2 drop rate affected by jobs present.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

BLM spells give mobs TP as well as SMN blood pacts

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

no i like that the way it is

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Equipment you can wear in level capped areas/battles should be based off of the uncapped level of that job so you don't need 1789452890348963478934 different armor sets. (Will never happen.)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

if they are going to nerf ever melee (the tp nerf) and now rng (up comeing nerf) they NEED to nerf smn and blm

Leave us BLM out of this nerfing crap.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

-Martial Arts trait speeds up all 2 handed weapons
    no...people who use 2h weapons allready deal higher DPS compared to someone using low delay weapons...

BLM spells give mobs TP as well as SMN blood pacts
    I've tested it. any spell that does direct numerical damage gives the mob 10% TP. Dia, Drain, Aspir, nukes all fall into this category.
    I havent tested out BP's yet.

SMN's need a fucking hardcore nerf.
    "HI, LOOK AT ME, I CAN DEAL 800 DMG PER 50 SECONDS AND GET 0 HATE !!!!!! OLOLOL I AM SO POWERFUL"

Take away normal True sight mobs. Make high level bats for drgs to exp on, more leveling options - roaming style PTs earlier on, dungeons filled with EP/DC parties that give exp (think moblin style PTs) with a mega boss that gives lots of exp (enm like exp).

Make more mobs to exp off - don't wanna go from 1-75 fighting beetles crabs flies and crawlers.

Make it possible to breed/raise/have own chocobo. They're adding a useless NPC to aid you in battle, why not add another money sink with chocobo breeding used for racing, travel and digging. Ability to name your own chocobo, not use a list of lame names (george for a wyvern? gtfo).

Make it so you DON'T have to fucking go through POL to get onto FFXI. I don't like spending 5-10 mins going through POL then the FFXI log on thing because it's so useless and dumb, you can check your messages on FFXI, you hardly get mail - and when you do it's useless (especially for EU) you can check tribune on main site as well as announcements which are also all over fansites. This would drastically improve the time needed to get on if you're late for an event/static/farming/crafting, and I know all to well that POL goes like 50% SLOWER when you're in a hurry.

Make new wyrms drop abj. make money dropped from mobs increase so it's possible to farm by killing lots of mobs for direct money. Make quests give more money and make armor and equipment from NPCs cheaper, currently only food ingredients and spells are really worth buying from NPC, maybe the leather set you can get in kazham too.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i mean like tp equal to a regular melee gives a mob

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Make money dropped from mobs increase so it's possible to farm by killing lots of mobs for direct money.
    Are you out of your mind? There's enough gil generated by NPC/Mobs on server, not to mention gil people transfer from other servers thru IGE. What you suggest is only going to benefit gil sellers and encourage them to farm even more, which in end will raise the prices on anything and everything in this already overly expensive(in-game-wise) game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

SMN's need a fucking hardcore nerf.
    "HI, LOOK AT ME, I CAN DEAL 800 DMG PER 50 SECONDS AND GET 0 HATE !!!!!! OLOLOL I AM SO POWERFUL"

HANG HIM

I don't want hate k thx, don't hate SMNs, become one^^b

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Summoners dont give any tp or hate to a mob... it's crazy. There needs to be kind of way for other people to do that too... even if it's weaker.

or at least a bard song/spell/JA that removes tp from mobs.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fomors do TP reset. :wink:

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Increase the quantity of 'Accuracy Bonus' traits to the Dragoon job (notice that the Paladin job recieves more 'Defense Bonus' at levels 10, 30, 50. So should this particular trait be to the Dragoon).

Adjust the 'Accuracy Bonus' trait to the Ranger job to act as ranged attack accuracy only.

Increase the effectiveness of damage reduction when having a high Defense number value.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Summoners are pretty rare in general though. Look at that FFXI census thingie and percentages of each job present. Summoners are amazing in a handful of long fights that overall, account for a minimal amount action. Let them have their place to shine, because it isn't that often.

(This post was extremely biased as I leveled SMN to 75 for nothing more than CoP wyrms) =D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Dynamis
    -Patch Dynamis to be a true instance, allowing an infinite, or greatly increased number of groups to enter at once

I'm not sure they could do that without altering the game engine greatly. Even BC are just a bunch of identical battle field "floating" at a few miles from each other in a area, they arent true instance.

make money dropped from mobs increase so it's possible to farm by killing lots of mobs for direct money.
    >_> {Economy Class} {Do you need it}

Would just make inflation 100time worst then it is. People would probably end up trading item instead of money just like in Diablos.

I've tested it. any spell that does direct numerical damage gives the mob 10% TP. Dia, Drain, Aspir, nukes all fall into this category.
    I havent tested out BP's yet.

Are you sure he didnt get tp from hitting you? I never see any WS on blm/nin when I solo unless I fail and get hit once.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Give drk more mp and lvl 3 elemental magic spells, like rdm.

Make drg's wyvrens do as much dmg as they do on a ws's with their elemental breath i.e penta thrust for 500 dmg, wyvren sand breath for 500dmg, to make up for their weak ws's.

Lower time it takes beofre mnk can chi blast again.

Give thf new Haste JSE, not like the lvl 50 one, lvl 70 +40% haste +15dex +15agl divided into 5 peices of armor.

If you cant do those just gimp smn and blm, then will all be gimped

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tawnie Tarutaru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Build alt-tab capabilities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast