Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Relic staff, it's cool but WHY?!

I was looken at my ls site today and someone posted a pic of this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...y602/staff.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's a legit pic cause a) my ls is generally trustworthy about this stuff b) MM is pretty much the top JP LS on Ragnarok

PS Yo people, this is my first post, but I'm a long time reader. If bert reads this then hey, this is that guy that used to watch you play ffxi at mallet, what's up?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

xd

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He probably did it because he could. If I had the means to upgrade my Relic Sword, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    He probably did it because he could. If I had the means to upgrade my Relic Sword, I would.
    I guess you're right. I'm a BLM and would love to have the staff...even though I know for most situations it really would be quite pointless.

I seriously wish they had like "relic spells" that would be so pimp....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    I seriously wish they had like "relic spells" that would be so pimp....
    Sadly it would be something like turn in 7543893469708342890 dynamis currencies and you get Drain 2.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Notice that the moment somebody got the first completed relic weapon, be it bow or scythe, the price of ancient currency skyrocketed. It's becoming more and more likely with the prices of currency nearly tripling or quadrupling that the .002% of every server even has a shot at it (that's 10 people out of 5000, and only 2 are likely to even complete it).

It's one of those 'why fucking try' situations as more and more people obtain the final relic weapons, because I think people are only going to raise the prices of these things...

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

as it was said when the drg got their relic

what a waste of currency.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Why is it a waste? Because it's not you or the job you play? It's not a waste if you have nothing else to buy and they have the gil to do it. I'll do it and I'm SMN and BLM 75, but I don't have the gil yet ^.~

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

its a waste of currency because it should be used on a REAL weapon for a REAL melee job, not a fucking BLM/SMN staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    its a waste of currency because it should be used on a REAL weapon for a REAL melee job, not a fucking BLM/SMN staff.
    want a cookie? how bout i give u all my gil so u can upgrade a relic u think is good? u seen their WS? u know it has to be shit? it couldn't have a 20x mod at 300TP so a blm/thf and whack a wyrm for 3k dmg? and drg relic happens to be i think the only two handed weapon that does 2 hit WS, shit? u seen it? u have it? u played drg? a rng is better? u seen how many rng's fighting vrtra? ur ls fight wyrms with rng's? oh mine doesn't but i do see a lot of blm and smn's running around with a few hundred m to spare and prolly will upgrade their staff while u go on crying :D

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Deleted due to double post. I poped my cherry on that one.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not your money, not your LS and definatly none of your business what he does in this game and how he playes it. Want a hug?

Edit: On a side note. We have Excalibur on Bahamut. Player named Griffith has it. Just gotta track him down to take a screeny. I think this a Bahamut first in terms of Relic. I'm rooting for Maleci to get his Scythe. ^^b

New Merits
    BG Level

They should have just made it have stats that mean shit to BLM and SMN. Elemental Magic Potency +20% and Avatar Perpetuation Cost - 4 come to mind. Sell that set of HQ staves for the next step up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Who says it doesn't haven't these Relic Weapons been loaded with Hidden Effects?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The purpose of a relic weapon is to be used for damage I believe. Otherwise the 72 insane dmg on a staff and 20 accuracy would be useless, on another note. What's the problem if he upgraded his staff? He didn't use YOUR gil you know. Or perhapsa you want him to upgrade ur weapon for u? :3

Demosthenes11

I think what he is trying to say is that almost every other relic weapon is more usefull than this.

want a cookie? how bout i give u all my gil so u can upgrade a relic u think is good? u seen their WS? u know it has to be shit? it couldn't have a 20x mod at 300TP so a blm/thf and whack a wyrm for 3k dmg? and drg relic happens to be i think the only two handed weapon that does 2 hit WS, shit? u seen it? u have it? u played drg? a rng is better? u seen how many rng's fighting vrtra? ur ls fight wyrms with rng's? oh mine doesn't but i do see a lot of blm and smn's running around with a few hundred m to spare and prolly will upgrade their staff while u go on crying
    An ls on my server fights tiamat with rngs. Did I mention they are the only pure NA ls across all servers that has defeated DL? In under 1 minute I might add. And if you think the drg relic weapon is more useful than ANY of the others (save staff maybe), then you have problems. I have never seen a drg do any substantian damage on any HNM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I have never seen a drg do any substantian damage on any HNM.
    That's cuz good DRGs are rare. Very...rare actually. But I have the luck to have a good one in my LS.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Not your money, not your LS and definatly none of your business what he does in this game and how he playes it. Want a hug?

Edit: On a side note. We have Excalibur on Bahamut. Player named Griffith has it. Just gotta track him down to take a screeny. I think this a Bahamut first in terms of Relic. I'm rooting for Maleci to get his Scythe. ^^b
    he actually still has a caliburn i checked him today, he had it equipped

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If so, Altimus, why is it in translator? I have JP version and I have never seen it, and a NA friend sent me the translator, so it can't be fake....

*edited for grammar ;3*

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    An ls on my server fights tiamat with rngs. Did I mention they are the only pure NA ls across all servers that has defeated DL? In under 1 minute I might add. And if you think the drg relic weapon is more useful than ANY of the others (save staff maybe), then you have problems. I have never seen a drg do any substantian damage on any HNM.
    Boy that must be one exciting 3 hour+ Tiamat fight.

Also, killing DL in under a minute isn't really special. If you take any longer than that, you're pretty much screwed because he will rape you like a burly prison inmate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast