Thread: Family Guy season four     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Family Guy season four

So what's everyone's view on the new episodes since it returned? At first I was a little dissapointed because I don't feel they're as accessible as the episodes from the first three seasons. A lot of times the story jumped all over the place and it took a few watches to absorb it all in. I dunno, I guess I'm just curious how everyone else feels it's panning out.

The part in the last episode (Breaking Out is Hard to do) where Chris got pulled into A-ha's Take on Me video is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I honestly can't remember laughing that hard in a long, long while. What's you best bit from this season?

God: Here, let me light that for you, babe.
    (Zap with Thunderbolt to the cigarette)
    Girl: Hey, thanks!
    God: Yep, magic fingers (chuckles).
    (Zap with Thunderbolt to the girl incinerating her.)
    God: Jesus Christ!
    Jesus: What?
    God: Get the Escalade! We're outta here!

The season premiere for the 4th season was a disappointment for me, I stopped tuning in on sundays, but later caught some episodes on adult swim.

One thing that has me laughing whenever I see it is the "firetruck in the wild" spoof. However, I think a lot more of the spoofs/spinoffs are now hit or miss.

I dunno, I liked the premiere, but I did catch it before the actual premiere. >_>

Peter: We just got to accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pits, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunmen, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louis, and Greg The Bunny.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

My guess is that they're able to take jokes a lot farther than they used to be able to due to censorship, so they're pushing that line a lot harder than they could before, plus they have more of an established fanbase than when the original seasons aired so they're utilizing more of that aspect. That and maybe it's just me but it seems like they're using the same kinds of jokes over and over and over in the new eps (tons of repetition jokes).

To be honest I'd have to say it's a different flavor from the other seasons but not necessarily any worse, just a different style.

Ah yes like the 5-10min random Bad Coupon Chicken Fight that ended with the Indiana Jones plane motor blades to the face.

Eragon

Dear god, that scene in one of the episodes (dont remember which), where Peter, Brian, Stewey, and Chris drink Epicac. They want to see who can go the longest without vomiting, it is by far the funniest 5 minute scene i have ever seen in my life. The end when Lois breaks in and says, "Who wants chowder?!!" is priceless
    -Eragon

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i though you had a download link

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've reallt liked this season, there have only been a few episodes that I think are less than hilarious. But there have been so many great moments and lines from this season.

"This is more intense that the time I forgot how to sit down."

"I'm not going to call the hospital because you won't learn anything."

"Lois, this isn't my Batman cup."

"Christians don't believe in gravity."

And who can forget the "You've got AIDS" song?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    i though you had a download link
    Episode's 1-8

Episode 9