Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Mr. Kirin     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Seems most of the results for the update posted on the new damage were from people who never bothered to take a few steps back before shooting.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Seems most of the results for the update posted on the new damage were from people who never bothered to take a few steps back before shooting.
    that's significant too because if you HAVE to take a few steps back, that would be the end of Slug Shot > Sneak/Trick Skillchains, unless the Slug doesn't pull hate.

that would also kind of be the end of Arrowburn Parties where all the RNGs are right up on the mob and Utsusemi tanking.

Well, ranger can still spam abilities to get hate.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I am feeling great rage >.>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Guess what....Ranger has to work now. I'm at 60....would be farther if it wasnt for work but meh.

So we'll do less damage on the THF/RNG SC....oh well you just have to adjust or don't make parties with THF's in them. If the Tank is worth his salt he wont need one in your party anyway, especially if its a PLD, if he needs a THF drop his ass.

Not saying that a THF/RNG party wont work, It's just that if you want those numbers back, that wont happen in that setup, or hell do what my last party did. Incorporate (GASP) A Dragoon! OO OMFG!!! Yeah yeah, most of you assholes don't like them, I don't get it, this guy wasn't tearing up a 300 Skewer, but it was definitely working great for the THF setup and would allow me to just Spam Slug Shot at my leisure.

Personally, all this Update did was make us in par with all the other Melee's, we now have to work harder to get our numbers, adjust to various situations and certainly it doesn't mean go out and buy the most expensive shit on the block to do the damage, just look at where the fuck your standing. If you can kiss the mobs ass, then step back a bit then fire.

I'm personally hyped about going in to test this out, stupid update was lame as fuck and just barely got it done this morning and now im at work -.-' . If you decide to take up another job, have fun, I'm pushing this bitch to 75 and can't wait to test him out on some God's, until I do i'll play ping pong with Byakko and have him kiss my PLD's Ass. =)

Asze.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My ls just did our first Kirin after the RNG nerf. It took us somewhere around 60 minutes with the kiting tactic. We had 4-5 RNG 4-5 BLM and 2 SMN and 6-8 melees, about the same as we've always had. People screaming about how Kirin is taking forever now are probably jumping on the bandwagon without first-hand experience.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by asze
    Guess what....Ranger has to work now. I'm at 60....would be farther if it wasnt for work but meh.

So we'll do less damage on the THF/RNG SC....oh well you just have to adjust or don't make parties with THF's in them. If the Tank is worth his salt he wont need one in your party anyway, especially if its a PLD, if he

other job, have fun, I'm pushing this bitch to 75 and can't wait to test him out on some God's, until I do i'll play ping pong with Byakko and have him kiss my PLD's Ass. =)

Asze.

I've been wanting to say that a while, but I didn't know if it was all true or not.

Wow! Asze is exited about this topic. Most high level Rangers feel the same way about this update. Those that say "It isn't that bad" are just trying to cope with the harsh reality. We have to pay out the butt to do normal (what we used to call weak) damage. We have to buy the best of the best to be able to do as much damage as a DRG. WAR/NIN, MNK, DRK, and a well equipped DRG, and NIN will outdamage us at any given time. WAR/NIN and MNK used to do it in exp parties anyway. If ammo were free, I wouldn't care at all. Having to pay to do damage that isn't very impressive makes me angry. I see a lot of "Sweet Spot" talk.... crap. You will do your highest damage in the "Sweet Spot", true. But your new highest damage doesn't hold a candle to the old highest damage. Even noob, high level Rangers know this (any RNG after the Sushi era started is a noob to me :wink: ). If I wanted my best weaponskill to do 500 damage.... i woulda leveled WHM dammit!!!!!!

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

RNG is more powerful than ever now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

SE could fix a lot of problems if buying ammo was a one time deal like it is in a lot of other games. for instance you buy a bow and a arrow and you always fire that arrow, unless you change, doesnt have a quantity. same with nins and shurikens. then again if they did that, they would have to decrease the damage of shurikens, but even if rng's only do the same damage as other melees now, it really isnt fair that they have to pay so much to fight.

In EQ Bards used to be able to use a DoT spell on a crapload of mobs and then put your character to auto run in cirlces while you slowly kill like 100 mobs.

\/\/

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Americayankee
    lol
    Figure it out, then, if you're gonna 'lol'. The only reason why I quit the job was because what they did ruined RNGPTs, but nothing else.
    I didn't wanna use RNG for anything outside of xp b/c of my BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Quote Originally Posted by Americayankee
    lol
    Figure it out, then, if you're gonna 'lol'. The only reason why I quit the job was because what they did ruined RNGPTs, but nothing else.
    I didn't wanna use RNG for anything outside of xp b/c of my BLM.
    Wow, I say lol and you take it as a personal insult to your pride. Calm down there.

omg....... long ass kirin!!!!

just did kirin tonight. o m g it took almost 3 hrs

2 rng 3 blm 1 pld 2 nin assorted 2 handed weapon melees, and 1 mnk.

the rng nerf definitely added an extra hour to kirin. it was taking so long that even our rdm started MBing, not bad either @480 dmg aero.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: omg....... long ass kirin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanostek

the rng nerf definitely added an extra hour to kirin. it was taking so long that even our rdm started MBing, not bad either @480 dmg aero.
    umm.... 3 blms? lol

we did it today with about 6 blms wasnt bad. Aeroga III does 800+ with elemental seal, chi blasters too.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: omg....... long ass kirin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanostek

Well we use to do it in about 40 mins before, but since the rng nerf, all the rngs dont even want to try lol.. throwing money at him and having little effect. And I dont think it took almost 3hours did it? thought it was around two. Guess we should all go BLM now <.<

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Next Update: All melee weapons will need fixing & polishing tools after 100 swings >.>

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quicklet is right, I think with all the RNG ATK + and RNG ACC - gear that SE added, they just want Rangers to stand either up close for a dmg relatively close to their old dmg with fair accuracy, OR stand far back/in your sweet spot and do about double your old dmg with a poor accuracy rate. Go try stuff out before you go dis ranger, kthxbai
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    they just want Rangers to stand either up close for a dmg relatively close to their old dmg with fair accuracy, OR stand far back/in your sweet spot and do about double your old dmg with a poor accuracy rate.
    You can stand on top of 3 galkas and your dmg will still suck. Show me some proof where a ranger did double of his old damage after the patch. I'm quite curious, could it be a 2k slugshot on dec weapon? 1k slug on genbu? or 1.4k on kirin?

On another note, I did a round of sky last week. I have to say the worst fight was Suzaku by far. Without prelude it seemed almost impossible to hit him. I thought Byakko had the highest evasion of the 4 gods (perhaps I'm wrong), but Suzaku's evasion felt way higher this time around.