Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High-Quality Antlion Jaw     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FairyWHM

High-Quality Antlion Jaw

Where can i get one of these =p help me out!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

They drop from Orcs in Monastic Cavern.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XaocRamuh
    They drop from Orcs in Monastic Cavern.
    ROFL

From Cave Antlions in Attohwa Chasm

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

They drop of the VT Antlions in Tiamat's spawn Area. Recipe for Antlion Trap:

Earth Crystal+2HQ Antlion Jaw+Antican Pauldron+Antican Robe+Couerl Whisker+Animal Glue.

Use this to spawn Antlion NM at.. When you run to Tiamat, when you get out of the tunnel (where you need to start casting sneak) go straight down left from there. Really close to the tunnel exit is the ???. We did this Yesterday on Pandemonium and it spawns a little Antlion which is really easy. When it dies a big blue? (cave antlion type?) one pops. This one hits pretty hard but are really easy too. Did this with a PT of 6, can probably be done with 2-3. Drop unknown, we didn't get anything, haha =p Supposedly™ it drops the INT+3 MND+3 Enhance Fast Cast boots.

Happy hunting.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Trench Antlions also drop, same idea as cave but are only DC @75, got my 2 within 5 kills off them

Sea Torques
    BG Level

killed the NM 2x. first time we didnt know what to expect it got rought with nin rng blm whm rdm cuz we werent doing too much dmg it spawned 2x blue ones and we had a link. 2nd time we added a thf and they made light to open and 2x MB killed it before it could do anythin @_@

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Drop?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

nothing

drop rate on HQ Jaws off VT mobs is over 50%

we went 6/10, 2/2, added a THF with TH+4 and now were like 2/7 lol

Traded 2 Antlion Traps to the ??? today, both spawned a Feeler Antlion. After we killed the second Feeler, 2 Executioner Antlions spawned after eachother, but no sign of the Alastor. Are we doing something wrong or does it just have a low % of spawning?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by derzoll
    They drop of the VT Antlions in Tiamat's spawn Area. Recipe for Antlion Trap:

Earth Crystal+2HQ Antlion Jaw+Antican Pauldron+Antican Robe+Couerl Whisker+Animal Glue.

Use this to spawn Antlion NM at.. When you run to Tiamat, when you get out of the tunnel (where you need to start casting sneak) go straight down left from there. Really close to the tunnel exit is the ???. We did this Yesterday on Pandemonium and it spawns a little Antlion which is really easy. When it dies a big blue? (cave antlion type?) one pops. This one hits pretty hard but are really easy too. Did this with a PT of 6, can probably be done with 2-3. Drop unknown, we didn't get anything, haha =p Supposedly™ it drops the INT+3 MND+3 Enhance Fast Cast boots.

Happy hunting.
    The bold part can be taken out.

http://archdominus.valkurm.com/forums/v ... php?t=3116

the Feeler isn't the NM you want to kill.

http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/2662/pumps7rg.jpg

You treat this like a force popped Detector.

Executioner Antlion = Caretaker.
    Alastor Antlion = Steam Cleaner

Additional effect: petrify.
    Breakga, Quake, Stonega something(600dmg), Quake, unstunnable.

Hit me as a mnk for only 200-250 while berserked.

Hit it for ~60-80 a fist berserked, has a decent amount of hitpoints, ~20k?

Popping some more in a little bit to see if they're 100% drop. Gold Cappricio rocks.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a forced spawn detector? If i remember the feeler antlion spawns another one (alastor or executioner) at 5%. How can you pop multiple antlions until you get the alastor?

Okay, if you've ever done Steam Cleaner, you keep a detector slept while it pops either a caretaker, or SC.

Same thing applies. When you trade the trap, the Feeler Antlion pops, and after a little bit, it will start popping Executioner Antlions (everytime it does Sandpit, something pops). Now, after ~5 pops the first time we tried, the Alastor(NM that drops the boots) popped. The second time, it took only 3.

Once it spawns the Alastor, kill the Feeler(insane regen but very weak), any Executioners, and any Trackers that link.

Not really a hard fight once you get the Alastor alone.

Kill#2, boots#2. 100%?

Kill#3, boots #3. 100%.

ANOTHER EDIT: When the Feeler does SANDPIT, it will pop an Executioner about 5 seconds later. When the Feeler does SANDBLAST, it will pop the Alastor. You'll want to give the Feeler some tp (get say... a mnk or something to melee a little), but not TOO much because you're only going to want 1 pop at a time.

Can you keep the Feeler alive indefinately or do you only get one Alastor per trap?

Trust me, when the Alastor pops, you're going to want that Feeler dead as soon as you can do it.

It only has ~3k hp, but ~200-300 hp/tick regen.

The Executioner's have alot, maybe 7-10k hp, and hit me for ~150-200. (100-130 with defensive stuff on).

And Alastor is basically a Kirin you can melee but with breakga.

So... you really don't want that Feeler popping out Executioners because the Alastor is tough enough on his own.

You could try with like... a double alliance, I suppose. Probably would work, but if you only go with an alliance, I wouldn't try.

I've killed two Alastors, just wondering if you could save time gathering POP items by keeping it alive with some sort of holding alliance.

I guess you could, but would be kinda cramped.

Never kept one long enough to tell, and didn't really have enough people to do it. Don't see why it wouldn't, considering it can keep popping executioners.