Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Mages Attendance @ End Game Events

Hiya,

I lead a semi-end game linkshell. We do a lot of end game events such as sky, Dynamis, and popped HNMs. Sometimes we camp the other HNMs but it is not a focus.

I am having difficulties getting my mages to attend sky events. Especially white mages. There is almost nothing in sky for mages and I have almost no incentive to get them up there. We offered Noble's Tunics for white mages but this still does not work. All they see are the melee getting awesome gear while they have nothing.

I do not want to make these things required events as most of my members have work or school responsibilities and are unable to attend all events. Also, I worry that people will simply quit the linkshell if they feel forced to attend every event.

What are some suggestions on getting mages to attend these things?

First, balance your activities so that you do things for the mages as often as for the melee.

Then, if they stop showing up to events that don't benefit them directly, you boot their ass. You don't want leechers anyway.

Have all your mages gotten the 3 zenith abjrations off the gods? Cuse that stuff is perrty uber for WHM and maybe RDM (depending on what kind of rdm you are) but, what aurik said if they don't come boot them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sell and split.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Sell and split blows ass imo for sky. The majority of the time, the group that helped with the pop items won't be the same group that goes and kills the god.

I don't know about you, but killing gods is the fun part. Farming pop items is oh so boring.

Set a bank and all the loot goes to the bank. Give points for attendance and allow your members to request certain gears with the bank's help.

Alot of systems plain suck. You just have to get used to one. The longer you run a loot system, the better it will become.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex
    Sell and split blows ass imo for sky. The majority of the time, the group that helped with the pop items won't be the same group that goes and kills the god.
    so do your split according to how much time each person spent on pop items.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

WHM have 3 zenith & 1 nobles tunic in sky, if they're telling you that there's nothing for them in sky, they're lying.

BLM have a whopping 1 useful abjuration, which is Zenith mitts, the rest are mediocre for blm since there's much better things.

I think it's the same for everyone? Alot of melee get 2-3 peices of a set from gods, and some melee will even be able to use god gears.

Your whms are being selfish if they wont go If they're just bored, tell them to lvl their club skill & polish their e-penii & have a hexastrike contest whole farming Ro'Maeve water or something stupid that'll get peeps coming.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I found that skilling up is a worthwhile endeavor in sky if you're that bored. Works for anything at a skill of 200 or above. Got my club, great sword, and staff capped there.

My ex-linkshell's mages were always complaining that there was no point going to sky because there was nothing for them. Then you think you can get them haidates for their secondary jobs. But then the melees want abjurations for their secondary jobs as well, and the mages don't want to put up with that. The greed is insane, as some people put it before.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex

I don't know about you, but killing gods is the fun part. Farming pop items is oh so boring.

Set a bank and all the loot goes to the bank. Give points for attendance and allow your members to request certain gears with the bank's help.

Alot of systems plain suck. You just have to get used to one. The longer you run a loot system, the better it will become.
    That's the only fair system I've seen. Give points for participation, have people use points for gear through bidding or a set point value. Factor in job priority on who gets what gear, and you have people that get less items getting more gil from sky.

Only thing, make it so people can use points to take gil out of the bank at any time. Run it like stock, total bank divided by total points outstanding is how much each share is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    WHM have 3 zenith & 1 nobles tunic in sky, if they're telling you that there's nothing for them in sky, they're lying.
    minor point of argument but most whms opt for blessed hands/legs these days, leaving just the crown and the tunic.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    minor point of argument but most whms opt for blessed hands/legs these days, leaving just the crown and the tunic.
    By the same token you could argue that all ranger gets from sky is osode and kote. Or that all pld gets is w legs and a couple of koenig abjs. How often do you have a shortage of pld or rng vs how often do you have a shortage of whms in sky?

i wasnt saying thats an excuse for whms not showing, just a point of clarification >_>

nobles tunic is a good enough reason for sky participation for all eternity...

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    i wasnt saying thats an excuse for whms not showing, just a point of clarification >_>

nobles tunic is a good enough reason for sky participation for all eternity...
    Especially given the chance they could potentially get an Aristocrat's Tunic if someone pulls a horseshoe out of their ass in crafting it ;o

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol in my old HNM ls we had more whms than any job by far, we couldn't beg the whms to stay out of sky or anything lol. We had like 10 whms at sky events >.>

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

wow ....

Its just not hard to ask people to come to my linkshell events. We all help each other out no matter what, and thats the kind of people we bring to our ls and that stay.

Farming sessions are attended religiously, gods are attended religiously by everyone, no one groans at taking R1s at Tiamat ... we have ppl pass on items like Kirin's osode to ppl that might benefit more, even tho theyve been waiting for a long time. Recently 5 members passed crimson legs for a new PLD even tho they had priority over the PLD who was last on the list.

I dont see why people would settle for anything less in a linkshell

LS i'm in has no point system and no rules, we just see what drops and it's pretty obvious who deserves it and in what order. Everyone seems to know intuitively who the item should go to. You just have to make everyone understand that everyone will eventually get what they want. It really starts with carefully selecting who you invite to the LS in the first place. Most members in my LS I've known long before they reached 75, so there is a social connection there. The way I see it, having a point system in the first place is an acknowledgement of greed existing within the LS.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchymunchy
    Have all your mages gotten the 3 zenith abjrations off the gods? Cuse that stuff is perrty uber for WHM and maybe RDM (depending on what kind of rdm you are) but, what aurik said if they don't come boot them.
    For WHM anyways...

Faerie hairpin >>> Zenith Crown
    Blessed slacks >>> Zenith Slacks
    AF1 or Blessed hands >>> Zenith Mitts

Seriously, Zenith sucks for WHM (unless you're galka or something) since the JSE was put in.. hell even before JSE it wasn't that great.

But, I don't think drops are any excuse not to show up for events. If that's all you're concerned about then join a social LS and just buy the Blessed stuff off AH.