Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Reverend Mail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

No I have not yet had it crafted. I work from 1-9 EST so i'll let you know.It was failed with leather last night so I will brave my money and materials on a Clothcrafter tonight ^^

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Wouldn't the synth have to be Leathercraft if someone tried and failed it for you last night? The Leathercrafter would have gotten a message "That combination of materials cannot be combined" if it was a different craft wouldn't they?

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoi
    Wouldn't the synth have to be Leathercraft if someone tried and failed it for you last night? The Leathercrafter would have gotten a message "That combination of materials cannot be combined" if it was a different craft wouldn't they?
    No, they would've gotten the "That recipe is too high for your level" or whatever the message is.

Thing I noticed about the recipe is that it requires Rainbow (CC72-80), and Platinum (GS60+)... the rest are relatively low level. Maybe this recipe isn't that of Craft A 100, subs at 60? Maybe it requires Craft A 75, Craft B 75, etc...

if the leathercraft cap on it was 60 and the clothcraft cap was 75, a 100leather 60 cloth crafter would still be able to attempt the synth with a high probability of failure.

Personally I think it's a leather synth (and the OP is just unlucky >_>) since it was reported as being given by the leather guild NPCs.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    if the leathercraft cap on it was 60 and the clothcraft cap was 75, a 100leather 60 cloth crafter would still be able to attempt the synth with a high probability of failure.

Personally I think it's a leather synth (and the OP is just unlucky >_>) since it was reported as being given by the leather guild NPCs.
    Wow, covering a 12-20 level gap for the clothcraft portion of that recipe is insane. Support of any kind would useless.

still though, its rare to see things with subcrafts that cap higher than 60. Generally when a component is made from skill level higher than 60 if it were a main craft it just cuts off, example being Iron Splitter (walnut lumber + adaman ingot) which caps at 100wood 60smithing

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

this NM is immune to voke.

Quote Originally Posted by dodomeki
    this NM is immune to voke.
    ?_?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

yuz.. attempted earlier.

cant get hate through voke lol

jkom

What's the location of the ??? in Newton?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Fighted and lost Had Nin - War/nin and PLD as tanks, hits like if it has a kraken club but for 500+ dmg a hit! It teared down the pld just when it popped, we took it down to 75% till it did banishga 3 again and killed us.

Uses: Banishga 3 ofr 500-900 dmg, diaga 3, holy for 500-800 dmg and hits really fast for 500+ a hit. Provoke has no effect. Cant Sleep. Cant silence. Cant Bind. Cant Gravity.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

fought this last night as well... some more clarifications on the "dos and donts" of this NM...

Provoke and Flash DO have an effect, yet each time he hits, its hate reset so theres no real way for a tank to keep hate.

Gravity and Bind DO work, yet he resists highly... my alliance got this him down to 45% and gravity stuck once, same with bind.

Stun works wonders in this battle, I'm planning another run tonight with a manaburn crew. My plan is to have 2 RDM/DRKs use their 2hr one after the other and Chainspell stun it, while all the BLMs let hell lose... Observing its HP using windower, i'd say a Thundaga3 did about 4-9% of its HP. So with a bunch of BLMs we shouldn't have a problem.

Considering this is a WHM NM... my thoughts are that it uses Benediction at low HP, but no one has gotten it down that far to prove its usage lol.

Kraken-Club style attack doing 300-600 dmg to anyone (even PLD) makes me think its not very possible to straight-up tank this. We started out with Ninja tank and the MOMENT utsusemi wore.... 500-500-400 bang, he was dead lol... the rest of the battle PLD/NIN kited and did a pretty good job.

I'll post more later tonight when i have another go at this.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Thought about maybe training to zone and fighting there were you can zone in and out perhaps ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, that was going to be our original strat last night but... it kinda pops to the back with maybe 20 EP/DC goblins on the path to the front... If you get a lv75 alliance, like we had... speeding thru the mobs, i'd bet you'd get a repop (few of em) while running the mob back to the entrance.

Also, the idea of zoning like we had planning might not exactly work because whoever is in the zone w/ it will be facing its wrath of multiple hits. Everyone would have to be constantly zoning and alot of lag will occur and screw things up lol...

Overall this NM doesn't have too much HP... I just had to cancel my run for tonight because the synthesis failed on the premium bag ; ;...

The most famous Leathercrafter on Carbuncle Server is 1/4 on this (they have all SJs at 60 and is 100+3).... so not only does the NM suck, so does the pop item. Each failure the wool (the 2 sheepskin piece) is lost, along with another random ingredient.

Meh i'll try again tomorrow lol... gluck for anyone who tries this.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

stunnable and doesn't have lots of HP. Can you use DL strategy on it? rdm/drk starting the fight with chainspell stun and everyone else go all out and use 2hr too (hundred fist manafont etc), after it finished, pld use invincible if it still alive?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

thats what we're gonna try tomorrow =/

10 Thundaga IIIs, Chainspell Stun, 10 Blizzaga IIIs, win.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

hey geno did you actually try that or are you saying -should- work?

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    10 Thundaga IIIs, Chainspell Stun, 10 Blizzaga IIIs, win.
    i got a better idea, use chainspell AND manafont, and thunderga3 forever!!!!

the synth itself is indeed a bitch, so far in my ls we are 3/6 on it, with leathercraft main

yet to attempt, rdm/drk sounds good, and if provoke doesnt work, what about tank/drks?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

it has nothing to do with provoke not working, its just that hate reset is basically every second, so voke/flash/stun is useless