Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rules of Conduct     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Rules of Conduct

Revisions to the Rules of Conduct

PlayOnline(7/22/2005)

Revisions and additions to the FINAL FANTASY XI Rules of Conduct will be released on July 22, 2005, and will be in effect thereafter.

The Rules of Conduct are an important part of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement to which every player must consent before playing. We ask that you continue to enjoy the world of Vana'diel with a thorough understanding of the Rules of Conduct.

The Rules of Conduct may be accessed after selecting the "Rules and Policies" option on the FINAL FANTASY XI main screen.

No Gir Serring?

lmao

Really though, how can they know if somebody gives consent to play or not? Idiots.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    lmao

Really though, how can they know if somebody gives consent to play or not? Idiots.
    because you have to click the button to start the game.

if you click the button than you consented.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

its like when I am out one nite and I fancy some shoe shoe in the box box!

DO YOU CONSENT TO SEXUAL INTERCOURSE!?

But they never read the small print "I will not take responsibility for the children spawned from my Thundercat like sperm" WOOOOHOOOO!

LOL

Black Belt
    BG Level

apparently, this is what it says

Using another persons handle to impersonate them or to deliberately mislead other players
    -Using another persons POL ID
    -Stalking behavior
    -Using Language that is not appropriate for a public place
    -Deliberately disrupting conversations or dominating the log window in order to exclude others from chat
    -Deliberately flooding chat log with say, shout, or Tell messages that are unrelated to gameplay
    -Taking advantage of programming error such as bugs/exploits for any reason
    -Using any programs nto specified or provided by SquareEnix
    -Using any third party equipment and/or programs for controlling in-gam characters without physically being present in front of the game terminal(IE USING BOTS).
    -Using words concidered offensive, or words that could mislead other players(such as names of products groups or companies) for character/Linkshell names.
    -Ignoring a GM's directions
    -Engaging in fraudulent acts such as deliberately breaking a promise, decieving other players, or condusting an exchange unfairly, can destroy trust between players and inhibit the healthy grown of the in-game community. Such acts are therefore strictly prohibited. Players found to be engaging insuch acts will pe penalized in accordance with the playonline members agreement. In addition, all records of the players in question will be thoroughly reviewed and all items and gil obtained will be confiscated.
    -Harassment by MPK, shadowing, etc. MPK, unilateral shadowing, continually sending messages or items to recipient, or deliberately obstructing other players is strictly prohibited.
    -Engaging in actions that disrupt other players. While play styles in FFXI may differ amongst players, any behavior that markedly disrupts other players is prohibited. When such behavior is observed, a GM may order you to discontinue such behavior. When this happens, promptly obey these orders.

*Gridlocking
    Crowding commonly visited places and/or blocking pathways for an extended period of time in masses, or any such behavior that makes it too difficult or impossible for other players to visit such places or go through suh pathways, may be deemed an act of gridlocking.

*Monopolizing monsters or obstructing battles

*Preventing progress of missions and quests
    let's see if they actually enforce any of this.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Did sage sundi's own words finally catch up to him?

Is the policy gonna change so third party tools = X?

Is this only a revision to the NA Terms of Service?

All your questions revealed in next week's episode! Stay tuned kiddies!

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

-Using any third party equipment and/or programs for controlling in-gam characters without physically being present in front of the game terminal(IE USING BOTS).
    Windower = physically present at game terminal = GTFO SE

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

some JP's got fafnir on our server (again) at 5PM EST (again) and took 3 hrs to kill it.

2 NA LS's banded together and tried lagging them to shit. Our members died a few times and the JP's slept fafnir easily 50 times. GM jails / suspends various NA's for various reasons, but dont ban the JP's for holding fafnir for 1 fucking hour before fighting it.

Gonna do it again today and get more ppl suspended / jailed rofl.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

-Using any programs nto specified or provided by SquareEnix
    Looks like we all getting banned for our use of Windows XP/2k.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

"breaking a promise"

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

-Engaging in fraudulent acts such as deliberately breaking a promise, decieving other players, or condusting an exchange unfairly, can destroy trust between players and inhibit the healthy grown of the in-game community. Such acts are therefore strictly prohibited. Players found to be engaging insuch acts will pe penalized in accordance with the playonline members agreement. In addition, all records of the players in question will be thoroughly reviewed and all items and gil obtained will be confiscated.
    So all the mithra are going to jail for not really being women ?

editedlolz

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Preventing progress of missions and quests

I wonder how this would apply to Black Belt, or if a GM will just tell you to blow 99KS for a chance of getting the items.

Black Belt
    BG Level

bring someone with Black Belt quest active, get GM assisted claiming of HNMs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

omg loophole <3

i guess the monopolizing botting JPs who claimed king behemoth last night will have to turn off their program that lets a WHM use elemental seal, provoke, and defender without leaving the zone >_>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Lemme ask the old Magic 8-Ball what the impact of this new ToS will be.

"Signs point to none"

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    i guess the monopolizing botting JPs who claimed king behemoth last night will have to turn off their program that lets a WHM use elemental seal, provoke, and defender without leaving the zone >_>
    /comfort Atre

However, with the gridlocking implementation maybe you can finally use that against the fucktard LS's who tried to lag you out that one time you claimed Fafnir :D

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    some JP's got fafnir on our server (again) at 5PM EST (again) and took 3 hrs to kill it.

2 NA LS's banded together and tried lagging them to shit. Our members died a few times and the JP's slept fafnir easily 50 times. GM jails / suspends various NA's for various reasons, but dont ban the JP's for holding fafnir for 1 fucking hour before fighting it.

Gonna do it again today and get more ppl suspended / jailed rofl.
    Do you have a problem with a JP LS getting Fafnir? Unless their name is Fantastic Impromptu or whatever the fuck, I don't think all JPs deserve to have people trying to mpk/lag them.

When my LS gets claim on Fafnir/Nidhogg, we take forever to fight. I swear to god Nidhogg took 4 hours for my LS to kill this week, but we don't sleep it. Only the Ninjas engage and fight. It's like a slow ass Faust fight for us. Slow, careful attacks. No meleeing except from NINs and THFs.

My first Fafnir a couple of weeks ago, there was an NA LS watching. I found it very rude that while we were waiting for members to get through zitah and boyahda tree, someone named Mindx was shouting things like "Fafnir HP 100%. <No, thanks.>" Our LS had been struggling forever to get claim on Faffy b/c of FI and their stupid botting ways. Having someone shout things like this made me realize how ignorant some people can be.

When an LS does get claim, I think it's pretty rude for other LSs to try to lag out them out or try to MPK them. But whatever. If you want to go to GM prison and get ass raped by all the GMs like in this one doujin I saw (/wink Avvesione), knock yourself out.