+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

For anyone familiar with retrieving stolen accounts

The person who bought Wet has refused to pay me. His original e-check through paypal never cleared, and now he keeps giving me the bullshit of "I put money in the bank. I'll send another payment." However it's been 3 weeks, and I've yet to receive payment.

So.... am I screwed or is there a way I can contact SE or whoever and have my account returned by saying it was stolen? I still have all original codes, etc, though I realize not having my credit card info on the account any more will create problems.

If I can get my account back, who do I contact?

On a side note, the lady on paypal told me file a police report. O.o

Give me your info and POL ID and reg codes and Ill get your shit back...

8=====>

BG Level

Serious answers please. Don't be a smart ass. Especially if you're not even on fucking Bahamut.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You should be able to call SE and tell them you believe your account was stolen. You'll probably need credit card info, reg codes, content ID numbers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

how about email square/calling them up and give them your cd key(or registration thing) and tell them to reset your password?

i think if you have the CD-Key and ORIGINAL credit card info when the account was created.. (though probably lost info from exp. date...) they can do something

then again, I hear lots of things

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

(s)he tried to get into sb lol

http://www.mythls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1045

"I am a *WET* Mithra Lv 75whm etc etc and goes on to describe gigo old equipment.

on the other note, you can prob call SE and go from there (should do it now since they're not closed yet!)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Paypal sucks, ask Almaa.

call SE with your reg code and original registration and payment information in hand. that should be all they need, if they need more they'll ask you for it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    (s)he tried to get into sb lol

http://www.mythls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1045

"I am a *WET* Mithra Lv 75whm etc etc and goes on to describe gigo old equipment.

on the other note, you can prob call SE and go from there (should do it now since they're not closed yet!)
    Applied to FF too shot down pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Paypal sucks, ask Almaa.

call SE with your reg code and original registration and payment information in hand. that should be all they need, if they need more they'll ask you for it.
    Almaa did that and got his account back. You should get yours back soon, too.

8=====>

BG Level

I actually had no problem contacting SE. The tech support guy said the credit card info hadn't been changed.... meaning I paid for that guy's FFXI.. fucker.

Anyways, got the account back, and now all of a sudden he has the money to pay me and sends it to paypal. Fucked up huh?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

keep the money and tell him to fuck himself :D

8=====>

BG Level

I fucking want to -.- I wanted to drop my zenith slacks +1 and bunch of other rare/ex shit before I gave him the account back and be like "haha fucker. go die" but MAKO WOULDNT LET ME.

editedlolz

damnit I'm too late to answer, oh well

http://www.paypalsucks.com

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

keep in mind though that paypal had nothing to do with this. Next time you are going to rmt your account and the guy sends you a E-check, withdraw the money first (safer in your bank!) and then transfer the account info

8=====>

BG Level

Actually, what happened was he sent an e-check and after a week, I finally got an email saying that the check didn't clear. He then said he put money into his bank account and was transferring it into paypal so he could directly send it to mine.

Today, I call up paypal. The woman tells me he cancelled the e-check. He also said that the money he was transferring was still pending. I call up tech support and tell them my account was stolen, which is when I found out the guy hadn't changed the credit card info. The tech support guy reset my pw for me, and I logged in on the account. The new Wet realizes I'd gotten my account back and sent me some emails.

MAGICALLY that guy now had money to pay me. Mako called him and told him to stop fucking lying and BSing us and payt, mind you the guy had already RMTed like 6mil gil(though he claims he made money by camping Ulli. I find this hard to believe). He didn't want to lose his precious gil I guess so he paid up. Money was sent immediately to my paypal.

A fair warning to anyone who has this guy apply to your LS. He's a fucking scammer. He's in Dark Prophecy LS right now. He bullshited around w/me for 3 weeks. I lost any trust I might have had in this guy when this shit happened.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    MAGICALLY that guy now had money to pay me. Mako called him and told him to stop fucking lying and BSing us and payt, mind you the guy had already RMTed like 6mil gil(though he claims he made money by camping Ulli. I find this hard to believe). He didn't want to lose his precious gil I guess so he paid up. Money was sent immediately to my paypal.

yea you can make mad money off of Autumnstone

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Setsuko, sorry to hear that Wet tried to or did scam you. He is in my ls but we've been hearing a lot of things about him, so I can say he wont be in DP as soon as I make this post. I hope you either got paid or recovered your account.

Please dont judge DP as being crooks (i know nothing was said). We found out late that who Wet really was.

My apologies,

~Bremen

8=====>

BG Level

I'm not judging Dark Prophecy. I just meant to give a fair warning that I wouldn't trust this guy. He's a scammer. My guess is he's an item whore b/c he told me he tried to get in bg, sb, ff, etc b/c he needed an LS strong enough to kill Kirin so he could get a noble's. From my experiences, people who join an LS just to get items always turn out to be item whores.