Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking advice...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Seeking advice...

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I created an account here to ask most of you for advice.

I reached 75 last month and was so excited about end game. It wasn't long before I found out how useless I was. Nobody wants a Ninja end game.... I can't get in to any HNM LS's on my server. I only get to attend sky because I knew some people and they let me gimp along. I've done tons of research on Ninja's tanking gods but no matter how good my equips are or how many merits i have... everyone refuses me. I know this is end game and I must deal with it, but what did you guys do?

Sorry, I am just really disappointed with the game. After all this work I put in to achieving 75 I find out I am useless. I am sure most of you have been in this situation... what advice could you guys offer?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I out tank any PLD I know on Gods, other LSes have asked me to help them with Kirin too because their NINs are gimp =P

If you got some friends, start your own Sky LS, that would work. If they have issues with your skill, go solo camp stuff, it helps you get on your toes.

Otherwise they're retarded, NIN > PLD.

i doubt they really meant ninja is useless, prolly more like their ls already has 20 ppl with ninja at 75, no need for more ppl that requires getting gear

last time i was playing with a nin in B01 and his ninjutsu was doing 100 dmg without int+ or magic att bonus, i think they changed dmg on them

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    I out tank any PLD I know on Gods, other LSes have asked me to help them with Kirin too because their NINs are gimp =P

If you got some friends, start your own Sky LS, that would work. If they have issues with your skill, go solo camp stuff, it helps you get on your toes.

I wish I was on your server...

My server seems to be close minded when it comes to Ninja's tanking anything end game due to our inability to spike hate. They all believe that PLD's provide the cleaner and safer fight.

Surprisingly though, the HNM LS's I applied to only have 1-2 Ninja's with all the end game gear already. I have talked to them as well and they say they dont get to do much in Sky but kite kirin or play add party when it comes to Wyrms or HNMs. Add party? {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}

Black Belt
    BG Level

don't ever play WHM.

anyway, it really does depend on the mentality of the people on your server.

kind of out of luck if you're on one that doesn't use NINs. NINs are definitely still very useful for some of the lesser HNMs though.

unless you're willing to start your own LS, it's pretty hard to get the existing one to change their ways.

thats strange, in my linkshell we ninjas tank all sky gods. the only thing the paladins tank in sky are the summons from kirin and faust. i havent a problem keeping hate and have heard no complaints. my god tanking gear consist of a few things though with enmity on them (warwolf belt, dual erris earrings, arhats exct.) but mostly i go for hp (af2 pants, gigant mantle bomb queen ring except on suzaku).

we just recently started using paladins occasionally, and it seems to be too much MP strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    thats strange, in my linkshell we ninjas tank all sky gods. the only thing the paladins tank in sky are the summons from kirin and faust. i havent a problem keeping hate and have heard no complaints. my god tanking gear consist of a few things though with enmity on them (warwolf belt, dual erris earrings, arhats exct.) but mostly i go for hp (af2 pants, gigant mantle bomb queen ring except on suzaku).

we just recently started using paladins occasionally, and it seems to be too much MP strain.
    Yea, I bought an earth staff, camped jelly ring and I wear Arhat's for Kiting Kirin... I am pretty sure this setup can be used to tank gods. But like I said... my server refuses to let Ninja tank... I can't say that about the JP's but it is the case with NA's... Server Migration {Can I have it?}

Sea Torques
    BG Level

what server

Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth

LMAO

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

In my LS PLD tanks everything in sky. I really don't care tho, I have RNG for sky. But we will let the nins tank when they want to, and they do a good job at it. Just like one day at Faust, I asked the main pld tank if I could go at it. And I ended up taking the same amount of dmg that the PLD.

Just ask for an opportunity and do a great job at it, and you will turn some heads.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's really like Sendoh said...

Each LS kind of has its own "style" if you want to call it that, and one that uses PLDs heavily won't be easily swayed - they'll naturally set up tank PTs with PLDs. It's not really a matter of one being better than the other, I'd say... maybe being proactive and skilled could make waves in your LS, if you're unsatisfied^^.

-benny, Valefor