Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: playonline.com     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

playonline.com

does anyone have a 24hrs phone number for playonline?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

don't think there is one, unless you speak both english and japanese

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PlayOnline Login Difficulties due to POL-1160

Following the update of the PlayOnline Viewer which occured on Jul.19, we have determined that a POL-1160 error may be displayed when PlayOnline or FINAL FANTASY XI checks for the current version.

If you recieve such an error, please wait awhile and try again. If the issue does not resolve itself, please try reconnecting, rebooting all network related devices and try logging in.

We are still continuing our investigation into the matter and hope to bring a quick resolution to this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Unfortunately I don't think there is a 24hr support number. You also can't recieve support on the weekends.

Found this on allahkhazam when i couldnt log on couple days ago and it worked for me

Hmm, seems like a trend with this happening to Comcast customers. My guess is that a conflict occured last night between POL and certain ISPs, but it isn't permanent. Somehow, one can fix the problem, I read about other Comcast customers having a problem who have had some success in fixing it.

Just a few minutes ago, I somehow fixed it. Don't ask me how, I was doing mostly the same crap I had done earlier that didn't work. Here's what I was doing at the time:

I became desperate and started messing around with Ipconfig commands. I had already tried /flushdns and /release and /renew, etc., and that didn't work. Then I did /registerdns and /renew and I messed something up... I couldn't get ANY internet access, let alone POL. So I went back to resetting the router, modem, and restarting the PC. I tried messing with ipconfig again, this time just /release and /flushdns (/renew and /registerdns gave me problems before). Then I re-configured my router (I have to use a static IP provided by my ISP, so it doesn't work unless I've done so). At this time I also changed the LAN settings to lease IP addresses for only a half hour and I changed the range of IP addresses available (I was frustrated that the PC was picking up the same IP even after /release and /renew and all that).

Do all of you use a static IP? That is, is your IP address now the same as it was before this started happening last night? In the midst of all my tinkering, I managed to get the router to hand me a new IP for this computer and the other computer also grabbed a new IP after we brought it back from next door. Like I said, my ISP makes me use a static IP for internet access so directly connecting to it meant I couldn't change it. However when hooked up to the router each PC receives a different IP.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but the IP address might have to do with it if it's still the same as it was when the problem happened last night. That or something I did when I messed around with ipconfig solved it by some fluke... I'm no ace when it comes to networking but I'm very persistant at troubleshooting.
    It's not your fault or your ISP's fault, which is what some SE techs will guess when you talk to them about it. None of us changed our settings, and there's no way that a select handful of ISPs all decided to change something simultaneously... but nothing changing might be what was and still is causing POL to block a lot of us from getting in.

So if you're adventurous and wanna give what I did a try (PC users only, sorry I can't begin to guess how to fix a PS2 connection problem)...
    Start >> Run...
    Type in: cmd
    This'll bring up a dos emulator. Type: ipconfig /?
    That shows you the various commands you can punch in and mess with, i.e. ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, etc.
    /flushdns alone didn't work for me earlier. I really don't know what DID work. But if you're desperate like I was, it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    Found this on allahkhazam when i couldnt log on couple days ago and it worked for me

Hmm, seems like a trend with this happening to Comcast customers. My guess is that a conflict occured last night between POL and certain ISPs, but it isn't permanent. Somehow, one can fix the problem, I read about other Comcast customers having a problem who have had some success in fixing it.

Just a few minutes ago, I somehow fixed it. Don't ask me how, I was doing mostly the same crap I had done earlier that didn't work. Here's what I was doing at the time:

I became desperate and started messing around with Ipconfig commands. I had already tried /flushdns and /release and /renew, etc., and that didn't work. Then I did /registerdns and /renew and I messed something up... I couldn't get ANY internet access, let alone POL. So I went back to resetting the router, modem, and restarting the PC. I tried messing with ipconfig again, this time just /release and /flushdns (/renew and /registerdns gave me problems before). Then I re-configured my router (I have to use a static IP provided by my ISP, so it doesn't work unless I've done so). At this time I also changed the LAN settings to lease IP addresses for only a half hour and I changed the range of IP addresses available (I was frustrated that the PC was picking up the same IP even after /release and /renew and all that).

Do all of you use a static IP? That is, is your IP address now the same as it was before this started happening last night? In the midst of all my tinkering, I managed to get the router to hand me a new IP for this computer and the other computer also grabbed a new IP after we brought it back from next door. Like I said, my ISP makes me use a static IP for internet access so directly connecting to it meant I couldn't change it. However when hooked up to the router each PC receives a different IP.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but the IP address might have to do with it if it's still the same as it was when the problem happened last night. That or something I did when I messed around with ipconfig solved it by some fluke... I'm no ace when it comes to networking but I'm very persistant at troubleshooting.
    It's not your fault or your ISP's fault, which is what some SE techs will guess when you talk to them about it. None of us changed our settings, and there's no way that a select handful of ISPs all decided to change something simultaneously... but nothing changing might be what was and still is causing POL to block a lot of us from getting in.

So if you're adventurous and wanna give what I did a try (PC users only, sorry I can't begin to guess how to fix a PS2 connection problem)...
    Start >> Run...
    Type in: cmd
    This'll bring up a dos emulator. Type: ipconfig /?
    That shows you the various commands you can punch in and mess with, i.e. ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, etc.
    /flushdns alone didn't work for me earlier. I really don't know what DID work. But if you're desperate like I was, it's worth a shot.
    that dont work been trying to get my FFXI to run i keep getting some gay ass error POL -0019.

any one having the same problem im having?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been getting kicked alot in the early afternoon, and eventually it just didnt let me come back anymore (POL 0019).

kuno u on DSL or Cable?

well this is the bad pic ; ; FOck u SE!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...e/untitled.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

umm.... that's the same pic i have right now

Quote Originally Posted by Tengaar
    umm.... that's the same pic i have right now
    ten u on Cable or DSL?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

verizon dsl

Quote Originally Posted by Tengaar
    verizon dsl
    me to ; ; SOme of my Frnds on Cable AKA comcast are having the same problem.

I called Se up about 6 hours ago they told me that its not them or Verizion that its the 3rd party line that connects the US to Japan that is Down and it can take up to 1 day to fix.

yo ten can u get on to the POl website?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

nope

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalentine
    that dont work been trying to get my FFXI to run i keep getting some gay ass error POL -0019.

any one having the same problem im having?
    Me too, I'm on verizon DSL and am running Counter-strike, everything BUT ffxi... this is stupid because i got grounded for a week and now that I'm back this shit happens..

ok looked POL site, can't get in there either... wtf lol

kinda off topic but, verizon just installed fiber optics on our neighboorhood, should i switch from Verizon DSL > Fiber Optics^^?

(don't know much about it)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

If you can afford it, get it. >_>;

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

any of ya try tunneling your connection to see if you can get in?

( http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... =optonline )

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 17&num=213

Apparently many many Verizon users are having this problem.