Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Taisai title..     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bye bye Taisai title..

editedlolz

The title comes from an NM named Taisaijin which pops in the same area as the 3 Taisai you are referring to (who, by the way, have always been there).

Friend of mine on Valefor killed this NM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...k/Taisaiin.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Tarnak/Title.jpg

Since his death, I have had a mule logged at the point for OVER 1 WEEK. It has not popped, which I am 100% sure of since the mule keeps all filters turned off and automatically backs up the log file directory so that there is a record of every action performed over the past week.

The NM was up around 3-4 hours after the major update last week, which is when my friend killed ti. Since then, it has not been up.

Happy hunting, if you figure out how to make it pop, please do tell.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

About time you started posting here Kalia. Tell Tiizii I said hello.

any luck after the short maint on thurs?

According to nejitsu http://live19.2ch.net/ogame/, some of japanese think this pic is photoshoped.
    but well since no info of taisaijin popping is reported, japanese can't help but to think taisaijin is not added to game server. It's possible that taisaijin is a week pop because it is SE....

LOL the pic is not photoshopped, the guy is a friend of mine in game. I have personally seen him with the title. If they think it's photoshopped because they examined its binary structure and saw a photoshop header, well then duh because he cropped the image to a small size. Create a character on Valefor server if you don't believe it, he'll be happy to change his title in Mhaura and show you personally.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Excuse me i am too lazy to Photoshop a picture.
    This was infact me killing Taisaijin.
    If you dont believe me find me on Valefore and /check my title.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

He said some japanese thinks its photoshopped, not himself. No need to get angry

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

no i saw that lol im just saying if any of you believe the jp guy then i can prove otherwise

what does it drop?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

all i got was a refresh scroll and mercury so its true drop is unknown

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by freewind
    what does it drop?
    I think I read somewhere it only dropped a Hecteye and a scroll of Refresh. It would be an educated guess that it can drop Peacock Charm too.

I'm guessing it drops the Spelunker's Hat.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah our best guess is Spelunkers Hat but still why such a hard to get NM for such a cheap item? or will a food reverse its effects?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why would such a useless nm be one of the few to give a title this patch, and not some super ultra mob somewhere that destroys cities.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The adds nothing to the discussion but I saw this title on Siren tonight. I totally ignored it as some gay quest or whatever but at least it's been killed on our server too.

bumping

any luck today?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Well, I asked one of my JP Friends on FFXI and he told me something to this extent. When Refresh was first added as a RDM spell , the rumor was a NM called Taisai dropped it. This made everyone and their mother camp Taisai's for refresh, getting nothing but mercury. He told me adding Taisaijin into the game as a monster that drops refresh is a kind of 'joke' NM placed by Squeenix. The title holds a semi-prestige to it, as few/any have killed this NM, and that it holds the history it does.

Anywho, I hope that helps, I don't know if it's completely true, but he does make a good point. Kind of a less-dramatic answer then what everyone wanted.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Refresh was also a few mill back then too.