Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clamming     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Clamming

Non-clammers leave prz.

Picked up my HQ clamming gear tonight, and damn this stuff kicks major ass. Nearly doubled my profit from clamming. But anyways, back to my question.

What's your record for biggest ponze bucket now that you don't get that stupid fucking message the second you get 200+? I didn't have much time and only managed to get a 250 ponze bucket, but still, wow. I'm wondering what you can dig up with about 300-400 ponze bucket.. O.o;;

how do you get the hq gear do you just do the quest again after you have the regular set?

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 1229&num=1

Full detail of how to get HQ, by yours truly (cause I <3 my swimsuit):

First off head to a starting nation. Each nation will have a moogle in 2/3 zones... Windurst: Waters/Walls, Bastock: Mines/Port, Sandy: South/Port.

Choose one of the two moogles, go to it, and find a partner. You and your partner both talk to the moogle and it will start a quest. The point of this quest is to promote teamwork by making your partner guide you to the "Check Point" via directions given to him/her upon checking the moogle or a Check Point.

The easiest way to do this is start the quest and have one person stay at the moogle while the other goes in search of his check point. Whoever stays at the moogle continuously checks the moogle and it will tell you which direction your partner goes, from their perspective not yours.

When your partner finds his/her check point, s/he will receive a doll. Now have your partner return to the moogle and repeat what you did.

After you both have a doll, trade them to eachother, then trade with the moogle. You will now receive 1 peice of NQ gear.

Go to the other zone which has a moogle in it, and start the quest over again with this moogle. Do the same thing for getting your dolls, trade them to eachother but this time you have to wait until the next game day to receive your second peice of NQ.

After you receive your NQ, it's time to head to a new city. Repeat everything (get your doll, trade, trade to moogle, switch zone, repeat) to get your HQ, except this time with a different partner.

I have not bothered redoing any of the quests, but I believe that you will receive a chocobo ticket as that is the prize for doing the quest twice in the same zone.

how much money is thar to me made in the clamming business

Supposedly, you can clam a Molybdenum ore, which is also dropped from Jormungand. But, I'm sure that's rare as all hell. Prolly many other small things to make dough off of it as well.

since when can you upgrade beyond a 200 pnz bucket @_@

I've clammed quite a bit but realized after spending all day on chocobo for 7 months normal movement speed just isnt my bag. Maybe if I had herald's gaiters.. but OH WAIT you can't equip that since my damn swimsuit needs to have jeweled anklets to dissolve any question over my sexuality.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    After you receive your NQ, it's time to head to a new city. Repeat everything (get your doll, trade, trade to moogle, switch zone, repeat) to get your HQ, except this time with a different partner.
    You don't need to switch partners to get the HQ set. Also, you can get your doll in the same zone twice and then trade it to the other zone's moogle to get an item. (like last night I got my doll from checkpoints in South Sandy twice and then traded my second doll to the Moogle in Port and I got the other piece of clamming gear.)

Also, I am very hot: http://www.dogthree.com/ffxi/swimsuit.JPG

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Getting the 2nd piece is not 100% even if you switch zones...

I did the quest in Windurst Waters and got the Tarutaru Male Top, then the next day did it in Windurst Walls and got... a Chocobo Ticket.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So Far I need my HQ Taru Top+1, but here's what I've done so far and plan to do tonight:

1) Did WindWaters search, Obtained Tarutaru Milliat
    2) Did Wind Waters again (2 Choco Tickets)
    3) Went to BastokMines, Obtained Tarutaru Trunks
    4) Went to SouthSand'Oria, Obtained Tarutaru Trunks+1 (Tossed NQ Trunks)
    5) Went back to BastokMines, Obtained NQ Trunks Again (Because I Tossed them I believe...)
    6) Did BastokMines again, took doll to WindWaters, (4 Choco Tickets)
    7) This is where I'm at, I'm thinking of doing Port Bastoks and getting my HQ top, it's one of the only zones I haven't done, other then NorthSan.

Ugh, so complicated...

I probably get 100k an hr on a good day. Just standing in one point and using the Clamming tool just to make easy money lol.

Wondering is clamming isbased on moon phaselike fishing ><

haven't clammed since getting gear plan to later. but you can make nice money i had an incredible bucket one time 2 elms, 1 petrified, 3 coral frags and i was still 35 ponzes under bust (igneious rocks weighs 35) and black mandy jumped in..... i was screaming also i have a friend who got the ore clamming but it's about as rare as finding a desirable HNM that isn't camped by RMT's.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

eva lets go clamming today

since when can you upgrade beyond a 200 pnz bucket @_@
    That stupid fucking message wasn't gauranteed before. I had my 200 ponze bucket and get igneous>igneous ><;;;; Igneous>jacknife would've got me u p to a 250.

Now with the HQ body it reduces that fucking mandragora shit.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Getting the 2nd piece is not 100% even if you switch zones...

I did the quest in Windurst Waters and got the Tarutaru Male Top, then the next day did it in Windurst Walls and got... a Chocobo Ticket.
    This may have been the reason for the emergency maintenance in W.Walls

Quote Originally Posted by GundamCloud
    haven't clammed since getting gear plan to later. but you can make nice money i had an incredible bucket one time 2 elms, 1 petrified, 3 coral frags and i was still 35 ponzes under bust (igneious rocks weighs 35) and black mandy jumped in..... i was screaming also i have a friend who got the ore clamming but it's about as rare as finding a desirable HNM that isn't camped by RMT's.
    I would really love to see proof with a screenshot of anyone who has gotten the ore through clamming.

Where do you find out about the weight of the items you clam up? Is there a clamming guide or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvaris
    I would really love to see proof with a screenshot of anyone who has gotten the ore through clamming.
    Dunno about moldybern, but I have clammed up both zinc and iron.

On the topic of clamming, is it just me or does there appear to be a hidden clamming skill? I have been clamming since it was released and can dig up some insane stuff (one bucket with over 100k in it very often) with a lower wait on clamming (tested it with a friend who never clammed before).

I'm like... artisan clammer :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvaris
    Yeah Ive had this black mandy jump in my bucket several times while my bucket was 200+. I was like wtf? Its ghey.

Anyway, most of this clamming seems new to everybody... Its been around so long but nobody plays it till recently. Was I the only one who clammed? ...

Nope, I've been clamming too ^^