Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Moggy, is your DRG 75? Uhh... Somehow I didn't thick so... anything a DRG can do a WAR can do 10 fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    show me a war curing 300hp with 7mp, i'll give u all my gil all my equip and quit X)
    dunno why ur coming into this for, but can ur rdm support a melee like my bard? or are u saying a bard is useless in a PT with ur mnk cos its that HARDCORE?
    I never said anything about my RDM, your BRD or my MNK, if I remember correctly, I only said anything about a DRG and WAR, hmmm. Also, DRG isn't a healer, it's a (supposidly) damaging dealing job, much like WAR is. Main function WAR >>>> Main fucktion (I typo'd that but it looks cool) DRG. So a WAR can't heal 300 HP for 7 MP, but hey, least it can deal damage without gimping itself.

i think the point u don't understand is a level 75 drg/whm has around 130mp, with AF or AF2 helm cure breath triggers at 50% hp but casting any magic, lowest mp being dia, AF helm cure breath around 240hp?, AF2 around 360? dunno my drg really isn't 75, its 63, at 60 cure breath was doing 186 i think, but aside from the sub activation a drg is ACTUALLY a DD!!! omgwtfbbq? yeah its true a drg has A+ rating in lance, 2nd highest dmg weapon in game i believe (relic scythe 103, lance 100, GA 99, GK 88, GS 86)
    K, good luck getting AF2 helm and relic lance.

Second higest damage, FOR A RELIC WEAPON OMGWTFBBQ, also, you didn't include lvl5 H2H, +23 DMG is high as well. But with your normal weapons, let's see how ya do.

You say DRG is a DD, but you aren't improving your DD capabilities, you're trying to heal yourself after getting hit for 200 damage a pop...

no change in gear needed as drg/whm, same gear as u'll use on drg/war, OH NO!!!! NO BERSERK!!! what in the world am i gonna do? see that 6th guy in PT? his name is a B A R D, +126 attck from minuet, OMG OMG LETS READ IT AGAIN, PLUS ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX ATTACK, i'm not 100% sure but i think thats more than what berserk will ever give at 75 cos to get +126 from berserk base attack needs to be 500? oh no! they only have 130mp, oh yeah a bard also has a song called ballad!! /shock!!!
    "Oh no, no berserk!!!", are you out of your fucking mind? Do you know how POWERFUL berserk is? Do you know how effective double attack is? Seems like you don't know anythng about being a DD if you think berserk is worth replacing, add the attack bonus, def. bonus, defender and warcry and you got it made, decent defensive abilities and awesome offensive abilities, with good hate gaining moves.

Or, how about this, OMG OMG LETS READ IT AGAIN, PLUS ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX ATTACK + BERSERK = OMGWTFBBQKITTENS. AND HAY, GUESS WHAT IF YOU USE ATTACK FOOD AND MIN BEFORE ACTIVATING BERSERK YOU GET EVEN MORE ATTACK OUT OF IT, HOLY COW BATMAN.

Sure you can get attack from minuet, but does that mean you replace ALL your attack gear? No, even in Bone PTs when I eat curry I still like to get double min.

So, you do realize that you can only have 2 songs on at a time, which is it, double ballad and shitty attack, or double min and shitty mp, or one of each and shitty everything? Or will you wait till the battle is over before you cast ballad and wait for MP to regen.

yeah ur right i have no rights to talk about a drg at 75, but i could speak as the brd in PT instead i guess o.obbbb
    How about we stop arguing, you take that year and a half to get DRG to 75, or or or~~ find 5 other DRGs (that still play DRG mind you) and do it yourself and come back and show me what happen, fucking prove me wrong, make me look like an idiot instead of blowing shit out of your ass that I have to wipe up.

FUCKING DUUU EETTTT.

Edit: I wonder how these kind of threads always turn into a "DRG CAN DO IT" "NO THEY CAN'T" type...

show me a war curing 300hp with 7mp, i'll give u all my gil all my equip and quit X)
    *subs bard and plays paeon III a few times curing 300hp with 0mp*

you can send gil/equip that to chilicheese.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese

LOL!

My drg friend does around 100-120 dmg per swing on regular xp mobs there not THAT bad, but my friend is kinda rich though. He`s 62 on drg right now.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

lollerskates

saw Nox solo KA...it was cool.

first off i start by saying my quoting skill sucks so i will not quote cos its too long to quote whole thing

i started this reply at the point bard can only have 2 songs a time, OMFG REALLY? shit man i always thought i could have 20 songs a time lol

now lets look at how it really works, 2 minuet, say 100 dmg a hit from a decent to well equipted drg, wvyern hits 30 dmg, we'll consider these drg's all not knowing how to increase jump dmg, just using AF feet, jump 150 a pop, in a span of 3 minutes total 10 jumps 5 high jump as extra attacks, around 2000 dmg, say all drg's do wheeling thrust for 600-800 dmg? reasonable with dia II + minuet? so each time 5 drg's get 100 TP thats 8 hits, 8 x 5 x 100 dmg = 4k dmg + 5 x 600 total 7k dmg? wyvern hits a little faster, 8 hits of a drg it could do 12, 12 x 5 x 30 = 1800, total around 8.8k dmg, thats roughly the hp an IT mob has to a level 75, (for the purpose of this post i will leave out missed attacks, critical attacks, evaded attacks by drg, parrying by drg, high jump to evade certain TP mob moves) now saying a drg lands all 8 hits everytime is unreliable, so lets assume that dmg is over 10 swings so he only has roughly 80% accuracy

in 10 hits of a drg, for those that aren't sure a monster with carnage elegy sticking will attack at around same speed as a drg, given the monster hits a drg every time for 200 dmg, total 2k dmg, given no drg has AF2 head since yes it isn't exactly easy to get, thats around 10 cure breath, 14mp from each drg per fight

there are 2 easy ways for me to regen their mp, a non stop chain PT in reality isn't non stop, as brd/nin i could keep my hp in yellow quite safely, + JSE body, i can sing buffs at 4 seconds, i could easily keep ballad II on sometimes when they run around looking for monsters, or at worse case, keep ballad II and minuet IV on only

i'm sorry if u didn't know ballad happens to be AoE o.ob i don't need to stand around refreshing everyone again and again and again and again and again and one more again for self LOL

next i would like to point out to u, war has attack bonus trait at level 30, drg has the exact same trait at level TEN OMGWTFBBQ REALLY? war has def bonus, but in reality all these level I traits gives +10, oh no what am i gonna do with 10 def less? yeah u get double attack, as far as i'm concerned double attack as drg/war goes off 1/10-20 hits, in normal exp situation prolly good, war cry, i don't really understand war cry, it gives me 14 attack as sub on my brd, is it better on sub to other jobs?

the relic thing i said to compare weapon dmg because i don't remember every weapon's dmg

i am not trying to improve DD dmg, i stated the set up for non stop chaining

seems like u don't understand physics of this game, omg u can get chain 200 in KRT with a mnk PT, can u do it without a brd? is there anyway u can protect urself from dying while putting out reasonable dmg? in a worse case where a everyone is slept or stunned, a drg can super jump -> curaga can ur other DD's do so?

i did say drg/whm uses same gear as drg/war, so i dunno wtf u on about replacing att gear

i said berserk isn't that great, and yes i'll say it again its not that great, last time i was at KRT mnk's occasional activated berserk to do asuran fist then took it off straight away, the mnk that didn't died 6 times during a 3 hour PT because why? he took 300 dmg a pop then hell slash for 500-1k with his mighty berserk on whenever he could

i'm sorry if u never leveled with a brd much, maybe if u static with a brd for a while u'll understand why theres no need to /war sometimes in a normal exp PT all melees will most likely /war or /thf but does 5 drg + brd sound like a normal PT to u?

do u know the difference between cure and regen? if not check the description of cure and paeon/regen

i'll edit this a little, if the PT was confident enough to /brd there is no mp used to trigger cure breath, only it triggers at 1/3 hp, uninterruptable song cast, and one of the drg's can keep ballad I on the PT, and yeah if the other drg's are bored u can sing other songs, but not worth it for the time to sing buffs

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

now lets look at how it really works, 2 minuet, say 100 dmg a hit from a decent to well equipted drg, wvyern hits 30 dmg, we'll consider these drg's all not knowing how to increase jump dmg, just using AF feet, jump 150 a pop, in a span of 3 minutes total 10 jumps 5 high jump as extra attacks, around 2000 dmg, say all drg's do wheeling thrust for 600-800 dmg? reasonable with dia II + minuet? so each time 5 drg's get 100 TP thats 8 hits, 8 x 5 x 100 dmg = 4k dmg + 5 x 600 total 7k dmg? wyvern hits a little faster, 8 hits of a drg it could do 12, 12 x 5 x 30 = 1800, total around 8.8k dmg, thats roughly the hp an IT mob has to a level 75, (for the purpose of this post i will leave out missed attacks, critical attacks, evaded attacks by drg, parrying by drg, high jump to evade certain TP mob moves) now saying a drg lands all 8 hits everytime is unreliable, so lets assume that dmg is over 10 swings so he only has roughly 80% accuracy
    Go do it and come back when you actually have parser data to back it up, otherwise melee dmg is all conjecture.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

the fight would go something like this.

DRG#1- My wyvern just died...
    DRG#2- Why didn't you spirit link?
    DRG#1- Timer wasn't ready...
    DRG#3- You should probably leave then since you're worthless now.
    DRG#4- Why do we have so many DRGs?
    DRG#2- Because I wanted to be cool.
    DRG#5- Are we done yet?
    Brd- ...

DRG#2 uses spirit link.
    DRG#2 gets hit for 200 damage.
    DRG#2 gets hit for critical 300+ damage.
    DRG#2 dies.

Those Golems will destroy a DRG. At the very least you need a tank.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

we'll consider these drg's all not knowing how to increase jump dmg, just using AF feet, jump 150 a pop, in a span of 3 minutes total 10 jumps 5 high jump as extra attacks, around 2000 dmg
    Isent jump 1min recast and high jump 3min recast? well atleast thats what i remember^^ well 10 jumps and 5 high jumps in 3 mins isent possible for any drg..Ignoring the recast time jumps miss often enough so it's hard to say how much dmg this would do with this set up, just gotta have a praser or SS of a drg/whm pt i guess^^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

if its jump damage you want why don't you sub /THF and stack SATA+Jump?

Quote Originally Posted by obnoticus
    the fight would go something like this.

DRG#1- My wyvern just died...
    DRG#2- Why didn't you spirit link?
    DRG#1- Timer wasn't ready...
    DRG#3- You should probably leave then since you're worthless now.
    DRG#4- Why do we have so many DRGs?
    DRG#2- Because I wanted to be cool.
    DRG#5- Are we done yet?
    Brd- ...

DRG#2 uses spirit link.
    DRG#2 gets hit for 200 damage.
    DRG#2 gets hit for critical 300+ damage.
    DRG#2 dies.

Those Golems will destroy a DRG. At the very least you need a tank.
    golems have 2 AoE? stun is weak, the other rain one isn't very powerful either, i've PT'd with drg against golems their wyvern doesn't die in a non stop clearing of golem at ulik camp, i can assure u wyvern's shouldn't ever die, if ur really worried about dmg from hits, my brd takes 100-120 dmg from golems, of course i have a genbu shield and bucket, so drg taking 200 dmg isn't realistic enough?

if ur so concerned lets go to ul(tab) range and kill demons and buffalos :D

as for case 2, u obviously are another one of those arseholes who dunno how to play drg? u see drg's have this funny move known as super jump, u can hit super jump b4 spirit link, of couse spirit link timer is 3 minutes, super jump is 5 minutes, so maybe instead set up macro so members dia as u spirit link, in the time to trigger breath a monster doesn't have enough time to strike twice, with 4 drg's casting dia that 1 drg under 50% hp will now have 800 more hp to his bar

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

as for case 2, u obviously are another one of those arseholes who dunno how to play drg?
    My DRG is 70.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Watch Nox play drg sometime, the way he uses the abilities etc. makes drg seem like an insanley over powered job.

do u know the difference between cure and regen? if not check the description of cure and paeon/regen

i'll edit this a little, if the PT was confident enough to /brd there is no mp used to trigger cure breath, only it triggers at 1/3 hp, uninterruptable song cast, and one of the drg's can keep ballad I on the PT, and yeah if the other drg's are bored u can sing other songs, but not worth it for the time to sing buffs
    Chilicheese casts Cure.
    Chilicheese recovers 30 HP.

Chilicheese casts Army's Paeon.
    Chilicheese gains the effect of Paeon.

*checks status of Paeon "You are now recovering HP."*

You didn't include time as a factor in your original bet, you're just sore because you don't want to quit.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hey how bout this one moggy. Goodluck finding 5 lvl 70+ DRGs. lol.

i already said i suck at quoting so i'll reply by names X)

Quicklet:
    sorry i don't run a parser, i'm too stupid i dunno how to use

Onizuka:
    No Jump timer is 1.5 minutes

Obnoticus:
    Increasing jump dmg has a few methods, 1. SA, 2. Increase in attack, 3. a stat that no one seems to know (pm me if u really care or want to know). When i said increasing jump dmg i mean for #3, using the stat modified on jump. 5 drg's will need 2-3 /mage at least, but i say 5 drg/whm because it is the easiest to handle without anyone needing to carry out a special task other than hit, ws, jump, dia, and take care of sell status effects

and yeah tomorrow if i can find enough drg's i go try for fun :D

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Summoner is better than everything, everyone shutup.

That being said, i need 3 other 66-67 smns to make a smn PT on agloolik in ule[tab] range. Any takers?

Chilicheese casts Cure.
    Chilicheese recovers 30 HP.

Chilicheese casts Army's Paeon.
    Chilicheese gains the effect of Paeon.

*checks status of Paeon "You are now recovering HP."*

You didn't include time as a factor in your original bet, you're just sore because you don't want to quit.
    u must be in the best HNM ls possible, u should't /brd just go main brd can tell ur ls leader u can cure 4.5k hp with 2 songs, yeah cos really, u can, why don't u go suck genbu's butt and come back when u grow up?

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Yes Nox is nuts lol.

btw, /NIN and Ninjitsu also initiates Healing Breath