Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

personally i prefer to see a 5 drg/whm + brd/nin PT, i think it'll be increadibly fast exp at ul(tab) range, or even at sky against golems o.obbb

5DRG on Golums with AOE= 5 dead flying rats. alot of damage gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos-Ifrit
    5DRG on Golums with AOE= 5 dead flying rats. alot of damage gone.
    golem AoE aren't that powerful, 50-150 dmg, and if i recall correctly all golem AoE are considered magic att, for those who don't play drg, wyvern has some kind of natural magic def, in exp PT he only seems to take 20-60% dmg from magic and magic WS's

when u have 5 drg/whm the idea is they can spirit link all they like because they have unlimited curing abilities, it'll actually be more suited to have 4 drg/whm and 1 pld/war to actually tank but 5 drg/whm can get some decent def at 75, and for those who hasn't played drg/whm or PT'd with a drg/whm, if 5 drg/whm all dia with AF or AF2 head 5 cure breaths can actually go off together, basically enough to fill full hp on anyone, the bard could be doing double minuet, and ballad when mp gets lower

Sea Torques
    BG Level

decent def as drg? lol......

decent def doesn't need to be great, taking 100-200 dmg a hit is fine

Moggy..give up. You will never get anywhere arguing in favor if DRG. People have it set in their brains that DRG=teh sux0rz.

Just...give up...

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you DRG fanatics (yes, you're all fanatics now) need to fucking DO shit and NOT theorize every fucking little thing.

People don't care about DRG theories, they'd much rather see a SS or parser with that crap proving it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Moggy..give up. You will never get anywhere arguing in favor if DRG. People have it set in their brains that DRG=teh sux0rz.

Just...give up...
    LMAO.......but his the little engine that could!!!!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

dude, those golems hit hard as fuck...

I'm not saying DRG sux, honestly i love lvl'n with DRG on mobs that don't have AOE that will kill the rat w/wings. But i'd be hard pressed to see a 5drg/whm 1brd/whm party doing great against goloms, i could be wrong. Been known to be, even. I just don't see it on that type of mob.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos-Ifrit
    I'm not saying DRG sux, honestly i love lvl'n with DRG on mobs that don't have AOE that will kill the rat w/wings. But i'd be hard pressed to see a 5drg/whm 1brd/whm party doing great against goloms, i could be wrong. Been known to be, even. I just don't see it on that type of mob.
    Hmmm drg/war would get owned by golems..now drg/whm....haha

plus what dmg would the drg's be doing subbing whm, even though they have a brd, fights would take way to long^^

I mean i'm not one to talk about party set ups when i'm in a thread talking about how we're going to try 4whm 1rdm 1brd in KRT... but atleast there is a bit more merit as to why, and how it "could" be possible to atleast get the same exp as a normal party there. And if an all DRG party is fun for them, more power to them.... but... i just don't see it on Goloms lol. Especially not "owning" them, or keeping up with exp of a standard exp set up.

They aren't that hard really, we've taken mnk/nin rng/nin rng/nin whm/blm rdm/blm (yes only 5) to exp and camp uli (which we've never had a problem taking down with that set up, he's a big puss, just need to pace yourself and whoever has hate, kites lol) so not saying it's not possible, but everyone in that party set up has something to absorb damage and do a high amount of damage output. I still just can't see it with DRG. I'd welcome someone to prove me wrong though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

DRG does suck......

u've leveled with a drg and brd? u ever leveled bard? any idea exactly how much power a bard adds to DD? any idea how much dmg a drg can actually do? u know what stat mods a jump to do 200 dmg average at 75? i guess u have no idea and theres no real need to get it through ur dumb head

Moggy, is your DRG 75?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Moggy, is your DRG 75? Uhh... Somehow I didn't thick so... anything a DRG can do a WAR can do 10 fold.
    Well sad thing is anything a drg can do any other melee can do better, exept for soloing...drgs are great at that but were not talking about solo now are we

well Moggy your right a brd can do great for melee, i remember having one, me and the rng where pwning 100+ per hit 170 per gun shot and i was doing 1k+ SS on weapons, this was at lvl 71..well the point is any melee can do great with brd, with drg it's great aswell but it only makes them an okay DD in comparison.

I still <3 you Moggy

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Moggy, is your DRG 75? Uhh... Somehow I didn't thick so... anything a DRG can do a WAR can do 10 fold.
    show me a war curing 300hp with 7mp, i'll give u all my gil all my equip and quit X)
    dunno why ur coming into this for, but can ur rdm support a melee like my bard? or are u saying a bard is useless in a PT with ur mnk cos its that HARDCORE?

i think the point u don't understand is a level 75 drg/whm has around 130mp, with AF or AF2 helm cure breath triggers at 50% hp but casting any magic, lowest mp being dia, AF helm cure breath around 240hp?, AF2 around 360? dunno my drg really isn't 75, its 63, at 60 cure breath was doing 186 i think, but aside from the sub activation a drg is ACTUALLY a DD!!! omgwtfbbq? yeah its true a drg has A+ rating in lance, 2nd highest dmg weapon in game i believe (relic scythe 103, lance 100, GA 99, GK 88, GS 86)

no change in gear needed as drg/whm, same gear as u'll use on drg/war, OH NO!!!! NO BERSERK!!! what in the world am i gonna do? see that 6th guy in PT? his name is a B A R D, +126 attck from minuet, OMG OMG LETS READ IT AGAIN, PLUS ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX ATTACK, i'm not 100% sure but i think thats more than what berserk will ever give at 75 cos to get +126 from berserk base attack needs to be 500? oh no! they only have 130mp, oh yeah a bard also has a song called ballad!! /shock!!!

yeah ur right i have no rights to talk about a drg at 75, but i could speak as the brd in PT instead i guess o.obbbb

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Your right Moggy, but i don't think 5 drg brd is best for golems 4drg/brd/nin.or.pld would be okay but still the fights might be kind of long but i wouldn't really know. 5drg/brd pt would be good on the D-weapons though

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    personally i prefer to see a 5 drg/whm + brd/nin PT, i think it'll be increadibly fast exp at ul(tab) range, or even at sky against golems o.obbb
    my original post was ul(tab) range, IT buffalo, demon, buffalo has the annoying AoE, but at 75 everyone has viruna i guess lol, i was just pointing out sky is no big problem

I wasn't trying to dis drg, like i said i enjoy them in parties, good DOT if it's a well equiped drg that knows thier job, and the mob doesn't have killer AOE to kill the rat. But i still stand by shooting down the goloms in sky comment, sorry. Now the range, yeah probably work well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast